Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @lorenzo

The thing I love most about Turuva's signing is it leaked an hour before it was announced and not 10 mins after he came on the market. Great player with great acceleration from a standing start, his height does not overly concern me as he looks to have a decent vertical jump, and is pretty safe under the high ball.

the non leaking has been evident for a little while now and highlights the professionals leading the way now. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@lorenzo With the Richo signing today I get the feeling there are a few more surprises coming ! Turuva is a good solid signing and not some hack looking for the super payout  that we have had to endure for years .

Lorenzo, TigerSteve, Mercy Rule and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

ReplyQuote
 Criz
(@criz)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Yep, just got the member email confirming it awesome news!

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce the signing of off-contract Panthers’ winger, Sunia Turuva, on a three-year deal.

The 21-year-old, who was NRL Rookie of the Year last season, will link up with Wests Tigers at the end of the 2024 season.

He will join fellow Fiji internationals Api Koroisau and Jahream Bula, as well as current Panthers teammate, Jarome Luai.

Turuva set the NRL alight in 2023 scoring 12 tries in 26 appearances in the Panthers premiership-winning season, and he has continued that same form into 2024.  

His double against Wests Tigers in Bathurst last weekend took his season tally to eight tries from seven games.

Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall is excited by what Sunia will bring to the club.

“Sunia is a great signing for us as a club moving forward.” said Marshall.

“He is a premiership winner and a genuine footy player who also has great versatility.

“He is electric and brings great energy to the field every time he plays.  Most of all he is a great person with great values.

“We look forward to welcoming Sunia and his family to the club.”

Joel Helmes and Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

How come we were able to do this? I thought it would have to wait until November? 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @canberratiger

How come we were able to do this? I thought it would have to wait until November? 

He’s off contract at end of 2024. We couldn’t do the deal (unless permission granted by Penrith) if we were talking a 2026 deal for a 2025 contracted player.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @canberratiger

He’s off contract at end of 2024. We couldn’t do the deal (unless permission granted by Penrith) if we were talking a 2026 deal for a 2025 contracted player.

Oh wow... Ignore me, I've had a big day hahahha!!

I would love to see Stef, Pole and Ice extended ASAP 

Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

IMG 2593

something is happening 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Taruva was pulled from panthers top 17. I wonder if there is a mid season transfer upcoming

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Taruva was pulled from panthers top 17. I wonder if there is a mid season transfer upcoming

Who could they want (that we could spare) from our squad? Bud? Couldnt be that lucky.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

One word: Bateman. We need to get rid of this guy

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

More likely it would be someone like Faagatu and they turn them into a superstar

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

100% his style not longer suits the NRL 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

#13s this round: Tohu Harris, Isaac Liu, Tom Eisenhuth, Connor Watson, Trent Loiero, cam Murray, jmain hopgoood, Jake trbojevic, Patrick carrigan, iasah yeo, reuben cotter, euan aitkin, Kai pearce-Paul, Morgan smithies, cam Mcinnis. John Bateman. We desperately need to solve our lock issue.

ReplyQuote
Page 931 / 934
Share: