Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'm far from a Nofa fan but I hope, more than anything, that he is ok and in a mindset to make sensible decisions. For one with his swagger and sense of self (both unwarranted IMO) this is a very weak capitulation on Nofa's behalf.

Maybe he's over the Tigers, maybe he's over being a professional NRL player. Who knows? I just hope if he needs help in his private and personal life, he gets it and thrives in the future.

Dirty Reds, Barra, Tiger5150 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I'm far from a Nofa fan but I hope, more than anything, that he is ok and in a mindset to make sensible decisions. For one with his swagger and sense of self (both unwarranted IMO) this is a very weak capitulation on Nofa's behalf.

Maybe he's over the Tigers, maybe he's over being a professional NRL player. Who knows? I just hope if he needs help in his private and personal life, he gets it and thrives in the future.

Very well said mate.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @888

is it $300K per year (24 and 25) we are paying (assume this still hits the cap)? Or just a one off severance payment of $300K this year (assume again it hits the cap)?

It's just a $300k payout.

That’s a good outcome for the club. Very happy with that.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike

is it $300K per year (24 and 25) we are paying (assume this still hits the cap)? Or just a one off severance payment of $300K this year (assume again it hits the cap)?

It's just a $300k payout.

That’s a good outcome for the club. Very happy with that.

Thats a massive loss of income for David for a change the club must have had everything in order. Hopefully he has something lined up.

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

As I said yesterday, I can see the headlines in a couple of years time that we are the bad guys because of his circumstances, whatever they might be. We shouldnt forget that Noffa was on an average of say $300k for the past ten years. That's $3 million bucks.He looses say $1.2 in Tax and $180k to his manager. That leaves $1.62 million (less day to day expenses) in his pocket at 30 years of age!!!!! Id guess not to many on this forum would find themselves in this position at 30. Yep,I feel really sorry for him.

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I really like how quickly this moved. Within hours of it coming to light it is done. Not the usually 3 week drama. 

Great for the club not sure where David finds a new club. 

and no SEN monologue!

is the former chairman still making appearances on SEN?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Welll said, I have the same concerns. To meekly throw away your career and $700K seems strange. I hope there is nothing else at play and I hope he is ok.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Perhaps it’s no coincidence that Noffa’s demise came to a head just after the new short kickoff rule is installed.If there was consultation with coaches and officialdom,as was reported,you’d have to think that he was always going to be on the outer.In one sense it might be said that he’s a victim of circumstance,coupled with the fact that he’s not getting any faster or younger.Noffa’s ability to leap and contest the high ball has him squarely behind the 8 ball and now,depending on how this new rule is utilised,would make the deep kick-return less of a factor,and one of his strengths.  
  I imagine it’s a bitter pill to swallow for Noffa,and to one that he hasn’t reacted too brilliantly.Simple fact is in NRL,when you’re no longer a commodity you’re on your own,contract or no contract.Having said that Noffa deserves recognition for his time at WTs,he was a good,robust winger with lovely hands,a great finisher and often seemingly our only point of attack.It wasn’t his fault that he was overpaid.I think Super League beckons. 
 On a lighter note there will be no more of his excruciating pre game pressers.Hallelujah..but good luck Noffa.and you’ll be remembered for the rare times you got to pound on an upturned plastic bin post-match,and howl your head off….

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I hope they are practicing and putting time into short kick offs as last season they were dreadful. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

What a great outcome for the club and a terrible outcome for Nofa.

They’ve basically achieved the same end result as moving him to another club. This would likely have involved at least paying $200K freight and frees up a top 30 spot. Given no club seems to have bitten they likely would have had to go to $300K freight so outcome achieved and happens immediately.

Hope they save the spot to see how the squad performs for a couple of months and then target a priority or wait for an opportunistic signing.

No one would have taken him with us paying $300k freight, they would still have been paying around $400k a year for him.

Even then it would be bad business for the team acquiring him. When you look at what he produces on the field and then take into account his attitude, his value is essentially zero. I've never been a fan of Nofo and i'm really really happy i'll never have to see him stink it up on the wing ever again.

What if a team that acquires him can improve what he produces on the field and his attitude? I think he deserves that chance and I hope, if it happens, it goes well for him. As for stinking it up .........

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Perhaps it’s no coincidence that Noffa’s demise came to a head just after the new short kickoff rule is installed.

Lets be real. It is totally a coincidence. Noffa did this to himself. He has had a list or indiscretions and warnings and if he had got onboard, knuckled down and made an effort of earning his spot in the squad, he would still be a Tiger.

It is not a coincidence that Noffas demise came after repeated lateness or no shows to training. That is not a coincidence.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I understand where you’re coming from 5150,and there’s no doubt Noffa has transgressed,but the point I was making is his tenure and worth in the game has changed no matter what his transgressions were.Beyond that I’m not in any position to make a definitive call as I’m not privy to any conversations or communications Noffa may have had with Benji or staff.We may never know.
  That being said,rather than a Mexican standoff,Richo hasn’t allowed dirty washing to be aired publicly and has dealt swiftly and decisively in the club’s best interests.

Tiger5150 and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

Has anybody else noticed that we seem to be a well run club lately. No leeks etc. I wonder why that is?

Mike, Tiger_Alex, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @the-frog

Has anybody else noticed that we seem to be a well run club lately. No leeks etc. I wonder why that is?

Adults are now in charge?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike, Tiger_Alex and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

😆 🤣 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Page 909 / 942
Share: