Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

No use having standards (whether via protocols or other) if you don't enforce them.

Lack of accountability, leads to mediocrity. This has been the problem with the club for the past 10 years. Both on field and off field.

It also emblematic of the lack of discipline that ran through the place.

I am glad the club is not tolerating this behaviour anymore. Time to toss out the dead wood and replace with fresh blood that wants to be there.  

Joel Helmes, MickeyB, TGRZMN and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Nofo article on SMH seems like we were paying him 525k a season approximately... good grief

he has been issued with a termination letter and has to front eh board Wednesday apparently according to the article benji has told him his future is not in first grade if he stays and have offered 300k a year for termination 

I am sure he knows a lawyer 😉

We've made some awful deals in our 25 year history, but I think this is the worst. Worse than Ballin, Packer, Reynolds, Blair, Joey Leilua, Idris. Lee should be sent to the gulag 

I totally agree with this. Got away with too much as well. Way too ‘in’ with the previous administration. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Another example of how fantastic the board changes have been. Zero chance this could have happened with previous administration 

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

First Brooks then Noffa. 2024 is going to be a good year.......

Joel Helmes and Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

What a great outcome for the club and a terrible outcome for Nofa.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @latchem

SMH now reporting Nofo has accepted the severance payout. His lawyer was obviously very wise with his advice.

Hopefully this is true & hopefully he can leave with some dignity and go find himself another club if that is his desire.

In the end he just needed to be moved on.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

What a great outcome for the club and a terrible outcome for Nofa.

Agreed in both instances. Nofa really seems to ahve lost the plot. in a recent interview with Lee H, who is obviously close to Nofa, lee said that Nofa had seemed to have lost his way. I genuinely hope that he is OK, but he needs to sort that stuff out away from the WT.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I really like how quickly this moved. Within hours of it coming to light it is done. Not the usually 3 week drama. 

Great for the club not sure where David finds a new club. 

MickeyB and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I really like how quickly this moved. Within hours of it coming to light it is done. Not the usually 3 week drama. 

Great for the club not sure where David finds a new club. 

and no SEN monologue!

Tiger5150 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://open.spotify.com/episode/46IlGRuczkw1gmffgjpwLd?si=39bbdf92d879419a

Very extensive discussion on WT from around 10 mins

- talks about Noffa joining up with Mario Tartak as manager (this is recorded I think Monday 22/1 prior to Noffa departing)

- Chammas goes into detail regarding Tartak pulling the strings at WT while his mate Fulton was the recruitment manager. Richardson by comparison does not have a strong relationship with Tartak

- Read and Chammas both say they think a young half will leave in 2025. Chammas suggests Sullivan is the odd man out but says he doesnt think anyone will take on his contract which increases to $600k in final year

- Chammas talks through the Luai saga from start to finish. He suggests that Luai always wanted the publicity and press conference to announce the decision was his idea. Ideal outcome was that the press conference would reveal all ala Le Bron James. When someone let the cat out of the bag early Jarome was annoyed.

- Chammas says Tigers did very well to trump the bulldogs to get Luai. Ciraldo had previously written a reference for Jarome's father who was facing deportation to NZ after his release from prison a few years ago.

- They explained that WT previous board set up many hurdles for signing players. Every contract offer had to be approved by the board. It caused delays and led to leaks. Now Richo has set up his own structure we can expect streamlined negotiations.

Joel Helmes, Mike, Frullens and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@the-last-ronin I also wonder whether part of this payout to Nofoaluma can fall under the veteran player allowance? That would be a big win for the club if the payment is exempt under the cap?

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

The argument that the CEO has no impact on the football department performance and is just there for the dollars and figures - is no proven so wrong.

The previous CEO would not of sacked Noffa or Fulton. 

2 biggest decisions that will impact our footy department performance 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

It been made official by the club.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2024/01/23/nofoaluma-released-from-contract/

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Love your work Benji And Shane 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mickb

@the-last-ronin I also wonder whether part of this payout to Nofoaluma can fall under the veteran player allowance? That would be a big win for the club if the payment is exempt under the cap?

Doesn't really matter either way, the veteran player allowance will just be used on someone else if it can't be used on Nofa.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 907 / 933
Share: