Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Nofo article on SMH seems like we were paying him 525k a season approximately... good grief

he has been issued with a termination letter and has to front eh board Wednesday apparently according to the article benji has told him his future is not in first grade if he stays and have offered 300k a year for termination 

I am sure he knows a lawyer 😉

We've made some awful deals in our 25 year history, but I think this is the worst. Worse than Ballin, Packer, Reynolds, Blair, Joey Leilua, Idris. Lee should be sent to the gulag

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

David trying to come out looking like the good guy in all of this but just looking like an idiot. He missing training and complains about the consequences, gets told he will not be in first grade so gets ‘sick’ and doesn’t answer calls rather than try and prove his worth. 

I’m liking the way Benji is approaching it, just being harsh but real about it. Doesn’t matter if you’re a veteran or a rookie these are the standards. 

Westy81, TigerSteve, hsvjones and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

David trying to come out looking like the good guy in all of this but just looking like an idiot. He missing training and complains about the consequences, gets told he will not be in first grade so gets ‘sick’ and doesn’t answer calls rather than try and prove his worth. 

I’m liking the way Benji is approaching it, just being harsh but real about it. Doesn’t matter if you’re a veteran or a rookie these are the standards. 

If Nofa had a shred of intelligence he would have realised last year he was on a very steep decline. Someone with brains would have tried to compensate for thatby working their butt off to be back at pre season as fit as possible. He may not have made first grade, but at least he could have been somewhat of a role model to the younger guys. Instead, he's gone the opposite direction. He's a complete goose.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If Nofa had a shred of intelligence he would have realised last year he was on a very steep decline. Someone with brains would have tried to compensate for thatby working their butt off to be back at pre season as fit as possible. He may not have made first grade, but at least he could have been somewhat of a role model to the younger guys. Instead, he's gone the opposite direction. He's a complete goose.

I have a feeling he’s gotten away with this type of behaviour for a while. He should have got the message when he was sent to Melbourne for an attitude adjustment and they didn’t want to keep him 

Jedi Tiger and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I have a feeling he’s gotten away with this type of behaviour for a while. He should have got the message when he was sent to Melbourne for an attitude adjustment and they didn’t want to keep him 

There is just no self awareness. He explicitly blamed his teammates when he missed origin selection in 2020.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

Instead of being a role model he's been made an example of. No matter what your history or pay rate if you don't do the work you are out!! 

Good job by Benji to make the hard call. It will make the next one easier and less likely to occur in the future.

Don't know if anyone has seen the college football movie, We are Marshall, but I found myself thinking about it the other day and though what a greatcheer that would be at a home game....... WE ARE!!   MARSHALL!!

I know I am on Team Marshall.

Tigerlily, Tiger_Alex, The Last Ronin and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tgrzmn

Instead of being a role model he's been made an example of. No matter what your history or pay rate if you don't do the work you are out!! 

Good job by Benji to make the hard call. It will make the next one easier and less likely to occur in the future.

Don't know if anyone has seen the college football movie, We are Marshall, but I found myself thinking about it the other day and though what a greatcheer that would be at a home game....... WE ARE!!   MARSHALL!!

I have no confidence in Benji as a coach yet (Im concerned he was responsible for much of last year) but I have to say that he is doing all the right things to date and the club seem to be backing him which is critical.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I would say Benji has very good awareness of who Nofoaluma is/his attributes after being a teammate of his.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Somebody else said ,that Noffa has no self-awareness. Spot On. The club cannot back down on this matter and I don't care if on Wednesday he brings the Dalai Lama as a personal reference, he must go.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

At least this is the end. No way back now.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

See ya Noffa. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tgrzmn

I have no confidence in Benji as a coach yet (Im concerned he was responsible for much of last year) but I have to say that he is doing all the right things to date and the club seem to be backing him which is critical.

I’m with you in this. Not sold on him as coach yet but he’s doing the right things since officially being in charge. 

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Unfortunately I can see this turning out to be a sad case in 5 years time. "Retired former first grade player blames club for his dire circumstances". Wasn't supported etc etc etc.

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

David is getting some bad advice and his attitude is all wrong.

He’s burning his legacy with the club and unfortunately he’ll now be remembered for carrying on like a spoilt child instead of the clubs top try scorer.

Very sad.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LATCHEM
(@latchem)
Wests Tigers Supporter

SMH now reporting Nofo has accepted the severance payout. His lawyer was obviously very wise with his advice.

This post was modified 4 months ago by LATCHEM

Joel Helmes and TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 906 / 940
Share: