[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @mac_tiger

If the rumours are right, seems like a pretty good deal for WT with Storm paying a chunk of Olam's contract for next 2 years. Nice to have some genuine competition for outside backs. 

I think it’s an exciting purchase and we need to acknowledge Blore’s contribution to the club.

Im sure Blore is a great bloke and I genuinely wish him well, but Im scratching for actual contribution he has made for the club? Not being nasty or smart but out for extended periods with injury. One great tackle v Parra and other than that a few cameo moments off the bench?

I also very nervous about Olam, but I do think he will help us in the opposition 20.

Olam is a huge step up on our current centres and we’ll be stronger in 2024 with him here. It’s a risk but if it’s subsidised by the rumoured amount it’s pretty good business.

As for Blore, 33 games in 4 years. Contributed very little. I don’t think he’s much of a loss at all.

Rex2ce, Jedi Tiger, hsvjones and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If the rumours are right, seems like a pretty good deal for WT with Storm paying a chunk of Olam's contract for next 2 years. Nice to have some genuine competition for outside backs. 

I think it’s an exciting purchase and we need to acknowledge Blore’s contribution to the club.

Im sure Blore is a great bloke and I genuinely wish him well, but Im scratching for actual contribution he has made for the club? Not being nasty or smart but out for extended periods with injury. One great tackle v Parra and other than that a few cameo moments off the bench?

I also very nervous about Olam, but I do think he will help us in the opposition 20.

Olam is a huge step up on our current centres and we’ll be stronger in 2024 with him here. It’s a risk but if it’s subsidised by the rumoured amount it’s pretty good business.

As for Blore, 33 games in 4 years. Contributed very little. I don’t think he’s much of a loss at all.

I completely disagree. Blore is a loss IMO. His development under Bellamy will be interesting to watch.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I completely disagree. Blore is a loss IMO. His development under Bellamy will be interesting to watch.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I have my concerns about Olam. I hope I am completely wrong though. 

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’m not convinced Olam has enough quality games left in him to make it worthwhile however the last month has been consistent positive moves from the club so I’m happy to go with them on this one…

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Olam is the best centre to play for us for several years. He has international and premiership experience and was playing well enough to secure a long term deal with the Storm. We have very little that is first grade ready in his position and we recently lost our next centre prospect (tupou). I think it’s a great signing and put more much needed experience into our top 17.

Rex2ce, GroveTiger, hsvjones and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Fingers crossed for Olam. Looked a shell of his old self at the back end of last year, so hopefully we can see him more like the player he was a year or two before that. Three years seems a lot.... 

Blore has obviously not contributed much at all, but his career hasn't really gotten going yet. The risk is he gets himself healthy for a good period and really kicks on. 

If we're going on contributions over the last three or so years then the trade is an easy win for us. Whether or not we'll look back with the same feeling in three years' time is another thing. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I've always been a huge fan of Olam.

He's exactly what we need as a club.

He'll bring some confidence to the rest of the team.

Yes he had a tough year following some major injuries, but don't write him off so easily

Top 8 2023

Rex2ce and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @frullens

Yes he had a tough year following some major injuries, but don't write him off so easily

he is probably the best centre at our club

Blore is replaceable in a position we have plenty of depth in. 

A good move hopefully year 3 we can flog his contract off to super league or something 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

So, backline for round 2…

Bula

Staines

Naden

Olam

??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Bula

Staines

Naden

Olam

??

Other wing goes to Lobb or Alaimalo IMO. Reckon Toa gets picked before Naden.

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@flantastic)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Bula 

stains

toa

olam

tupou

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Bula

Staines

Naden

Olam

??

If we aren't playing topou, we are better off seeing if he can move directly to dolphins and open up a top 30 spot.

If not, I would assume he gets first crack at wing

Top 8 2023

Mac_Tiger, Joel Helmes, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

A good move hopefully year 3 we can flog his contract off to super league or something 

I agree

Everyone says he was horrible last year,  but still played 17 first grade games for storm, and his stats were still better than our best Centre in Toa. One had their worst year and the other their best. 

He's easily our best Centre. 

Regarding risk for third year, I agree let's deal with that then. Let's focus on making finals threat next 2 years  and things will resolve themselves from there

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I agree

Everyone says he was horrible last year,  but still played 17 first grade games for storm, and his stats were still better than our best Centre in Toa. One had their worst year and the other their best. 

He's easily our best Centre. 

Regarding risk for third year, I agree let's deal with that then. Let's focus on making finals threat next 2 years  and things will resolve themselves from there

Will he be our best centre in 2026?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 903 / 938
Share: