Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

looks like luai heading back to Penrith training Friday according to Cameron they will recommence negotiations... 

not feeling very confident 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

looks like luai heading back to Penrith training Friday according to Cameron they will recommence negotiations... 

I was never confident, even less so after Pascoe took control of the negotiations. Thought he might end up at the Bulldogs, but will probably stay at Penrith. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I would still not be surprised if that is Penrith trying to make it look like they tried to keep him.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I'd be surprised if he stayed at Penrith tbh. That doesn't mean he's coming our way, but I don't think the Cameron comments change anything at all. 

And I don't believe that Pascoe was "taking over" the negotiations for a second. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

He’s staying at Penrith, lock it in.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Well at least this means we’ve still got the money in the bank to go after and eventually miss AFB!

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

He’s staying at Penrith, lock it in.

that’s what my Thursday night Uber driver said and he claimed to be mates with Luai’s neighbour 🤣🤣

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

I would still not be surprised if that is Penrith trying to make it look like they tried to keep him.

If as reported, Penrith are simply increasing the length of the Contract but at the same money $850K, this is actually worse for Luai than the current offer. The attraction of the current offer is two years on less money, be an even bigger star in a great team/system and then in 2 years sign an even larger Contract somewhere and cash in for the rest of his career. Locking in $850 for even longer delays the payday and reduces the money Luai will earn over his career.

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Maybe Im the odd man out, but I hope we don't get him. As good a player that he is, he is simply not worth $1.2 million. Getting him at that price will screw our Salary Cap for the next 4 years.

MickeyB, Joel Helmes, Tiger_Alex and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @the-frog

Maybe Im the odd man out, but I hope we don't get him. As good a player that he is, he is simply not worth $1.2 million. Getting him at that price will screw our Salary Cap for the next 4 years.

I’m with you. I think he’s a huge risk.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

I hope you are right mate, i was kind of hoping we were in the cooling off period 

we need to land Luai

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

The Head agrees, but we really need that flamboyant player that joins us at the top of his game to turn the tide.

The truth is that we were the joke club that cant keep good players, swaps its coaches regularly and lacks Leadership.

JL recruitment tells the young players and potential recruits that this club has changed and is on the up.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

@enumerator I reckon the only thing it would tell us is there are players out there that will sacrifice success for dollars.

We aren’t on the up until we initiate massive change at the top

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Well... he is due back to training on Friday, for the club he is currently signed to for another year.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @enumerator

The Head agrees, but we really need that flamboyant player that joins us at the top of his game to turn the tide.

The truth is that we were the joke club that cant keep good players, swaps its coaches regularly and lacks Leadership.

JL recruitment tells the young players and potential recruits that this club has changed and is on the up.

Sorry but I totally disagree. Signing JL would mean he chose the club that makes him more rich than the club that has nurtured him and developed him to the player he is. It says more about desperation by WT and Marshall and the smarter work of player managers than it does about any sign of WT being "on the up". I really hope he stays at Penrith.  I don't think he's the smartest tool in the shed, but I think even he will work out it's best to stay where he is.

ReplyQuote
Page 878 / 972
Share: