Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

looks like luai heading back to Penrith training Friday according to Cameron they will recommence negotiations... 

not feeling very confident 

Canterbury are trying to get Karl Oloapu to medically retire because of his neck injury. They have sent him to 2 surgeons who recommend that path but the player has sought out his own opinion because he would like to keep on playing.

Gus informed Luai last week that if Oloapu is medically retired then Canterbury can afford to make him an offer but he would have to wait.

Don't expect a decision in the short term.

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @mickb

looks like luai heading back to Penrith training Friday according to Cameron they will recommence negotiations... 

Canterbury are trying to get Karl Oloapu to medically retire because of his neck injury. They have sent him to 2 surgeons who recommend that path but the player has sought out his own opinion because he would like to keep on playing.

Gus informed Luai last week that if Oloapu is medically retired then Canterbury can afford to make him an offer but he would have to wait.

I don't think that very professional of Gus to disclose the medical history of one of his players to a potential recruitment target. Oloapu should sue Gus if this is found to be true.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mickb

Expect Wests Tigers to sign Oloapu

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy I hope that this is the case .. I just do not get the hype … OK player but the money talked is crazy . I doubt he has the ability to run a team around the park on a weekly basis .If someone offered that amount of money and you were serious about moving on guess what the contract would of been signed already  .It’s a shame that fans get themselves into this frenzy then bang it does not happen ,IMO this would be a signing full of regret …. let’s give the young crop a go because you just never know!!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigersteve The team needs to get some runs on the board this starts with winning games that will in itself attract a player of AFB quality which IMO is worth throwing a stack of $$ at. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger_alex Let’s say that a certain club has such player unrest that if it comes to a head it will be front page news and serious news!

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

With all these connections we could start building a formidable team that actually want to play together 

😅😂😅 A good example as to why this wouldn’t work is the Lalau brothers experiment. When ‘brothers’ get together they get complacent imo.

one got better the other was exactly what we expected (an aging inconsistent centre) 

LL eventually got lazy too…it’s a trend with the tigers 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Penrith is spurning any bold optimism that Jarome Luai will re-sign after hard man James Fisher-Harris revealed the entire club would be “at peace” if the star five-eighth left for big-money rival offers.
And Penrith group chief executive Brian Fletcher added to the intrigue by declaring: “If he does decide to go, and he does very well financially, and it sets up his family, how good is that? It’s a great result, either way.”

Luai continues to ponder his future while mulling over a massive offer from Wests Tigers and interest from Canterbury.

While hopeful the NSW star would be retained, the Panthers are being coy as Luai prepared to make his big decision, possibly as early as Friday.

“I’m at peace with whatever he wants to do. It’s all up to him and his family and I’m all for it, brother,” Fisher-Harris said. “He’s my bro and I love him and his family and I’ve ‘got him’ whatever he wants to do.

“If he wants to stay, he stays, and if he wants to go he can go and I’m at peace with it - I think we all are at Penrith. It’s not all about football, bro.

“We have known each other for a long time, our kids are close, and our partners are close. We have known each other for so long and football is just a part of the journey.”

Fisher-Harris said he hadn’t attempted to persuade Luai into re-signing.

“At the end of the day, it will come down to him,” Fisher-Harris said.

“I bet you there will be a lot of people in his ear but he has to do what is right for him and his family

“And the challenges he wants. You know what I mean?” Whatever he wants to do, I’m all for it.”

Fletcher stressed his club could feel flattered if Luai accepted the $1.1m to $1.2m a year being offered by Wests Tigers.

“It’s nice to be in the situation we’re in,” Fletcher said.

“We’d love to keep him, he’s such a great player, but it would be great to see if he has a great financial win out of ability as well.

“It’s a great result, either way. If he does decide to go, and he does very financially, and it sets up his family, how good is that? It’s great for the system that you can develop a player and get them to that level.

“Penrith has developed a system where you know every year you’re going to lose a million dollars’ worth of player in the salary cap.

“Jarome said he would make a decision prior to coming back to (off-season) training. He’s got all the information from us and he’s got his management team.”

Luai met with Wests Tigers and Canterbury last week.

The Tigers remain confident of luring the running playmaker to Concord while few would discount the power of Bulldogs general manager of football, Phil Gould.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

kind of wondering if the following may occur.

AFB in a swap with Ice

Olakau'atu comes over from manly in 2025 (takes Ice's spot)

Luai arrives in 2025

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

AFB in a swap with Ice

Luai arrives in 2025

this is the dream swap

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

He's signed until the end of 2025, and seemingly about to extend for several years beyond that. I don't know why this one keeps getting brought up. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

AFB in a swap with Ice

Luai arrives in 2025

Olakau'atu recently extended his contract until the end of 2025. He (and Manly) arent doing that to let him go at the end of 2024.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 meant end of 2025 so 2026

would mean releasing ICE 2025 perhaps 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

He's signed until the end of 2025, and seemingly about to extend for several years beyond that. I don't know why this one keeps getting brought up. 

he has had an extension on the table for some time and still hasn't extended past 2025

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dirty-reds

he has had an extension on the table for some time and still hasn't extended past 2025

Apparently he has.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 879 / 947
Share: