Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Addin Fainu Blake has asked for an immediate release

This would be great but there is no chance 

Honestly the Warriors will want a trade. Give them Ice. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Argentina coach Michael Cheika shuts down Wests Tigers links

Cheika has long been linked to providing a possible remedy for the ongoing mess at Concord with the club's chair, Lee Hagipantelis, remaining tight-lipped when asked on his potential appointment.

"I’m told he’s (Cheika) a very impressive character and people speak very, very highly of him, but as to the Wests Tigers and the Head of Football role, all the applicants and candidates are being considered on a strictly confidential basis," Hagipantelis said last month.

Cheika was highlighted as a unique choice to offer fresh ideas in the club's football department after they picked up their second successive wooden spoon this year off the back of another poor season.

However, Cheika has now dismissed the links to the struggling outfit when he stated that he would only be interested in working in the capacity of an NRL head coach.

"I know it’s been bandied around that they’re looking for some solutions in their management role," Cheika told SEN.

"But if I was to ever go down that road, I think it would be more to test myself as a coach more than anything. I think to try and master that challenge would be awesome."

Cheika has had a close connection to NRL circles all his life, having grown up playing the sport before working as a coaching consultant at the Sydney Roosters in 2020 and leading Lebanon to the quarter finals at last year’s Rugby League World Cup.

Although, he admitted the lure of international rugby was hard to knock back as he plotted his next move with his attention split across the two codes.

"It’s hard because the thrill of international rugby is addictive," he said.

"I love it. So, I suppose it’s just how you feel.

"Even to have the possibilities in both games [is great]. I’m still on with the Cedars and there’s a World Cup that will be in Australia, I think, in 2026 before the Rugby World Cup in 2027.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Addin Fainu Blake has asked for an immediate release

This would be great but there is no chance 

Honestly the Warriors will want a trade. Give them Ice. 

if he still wants that sure. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@the-last-ronin I'd swap Stef for him too. Apart from Api i'd swap anyone for him. He's an elite middle forward in his prime.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@the-last-ronin I'd swap Stef for him too. Apart from Api i'd swap anyone for him. He's an elite middle forward in his prime.

I totally disagree. I'd rather keep Stefano any day than offer him up as way to sign AFB. I don't think AFB is elite at all. Stefano has the potential to be elite, IMO. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I totally disagree. I'd rather keep Stefano any day than offer him up as way to sign AFB. I don't think AFB is elite at all. Stefano has the potential to be elite, IMO. 

He led the nrl in post contact metres and averaged 170m a game. Easily in the top 3-4 front rowers in the game imo. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

AFB is a great player, elite level prop. I hope he never plays for us. Wrong for culture.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tiger5150

AFB is a great player, elite level prop. I hope he never plays for us. Wrong for culture.

It would be impossible to make our culture worse.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

It would be impossible to make our culture worse.

Careful....

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@tiger5150 Just ask Manly why they let him go ? Don't let him come within a thousand miles of us.

The Frog

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Our culture is terrible. We need people who are winners even if they travel in sketchy circles. Besides he’s had time away give him a chance to show he’s grown. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Our culture is terrible. We need people who are winners even if they travel in sketchy circles. Besides he’s had time away give him a chance to show he’s grown. 

Bloke pushed his wife to the ground and kicked her, nothing to do with "sketchy circles".

GroveTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tiger5150 oh christ I wasn’t aware of that.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@tiger5150 oh christ I wasn’t aware of that.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/addin-fonuablake-wants-to-prove-hes-a-better-man-than-his-record-20160504-gom4u5.html

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-frog

@tiger5150 Just ask Manly why they let him go ? Don't let him come within a thousand miles of us.

The Frog

yes manly had the issues with AFB ... look at why he left there give him a wide birth, no thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 860 / 1066
Share: