Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @the-frog

@tiger5150 Just ask Manly why they let him go ? Don't let him come within a thousand miles of us.

The Frog

yes manly had the issues with AFB ... look at why he left there give him a wide birth, no thanks

he was at Dragons when he pleaded guilty to DV. Manly signed him after that. Caveat Emptor.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @the-frog

@tiger5150 Just ask Manly why they let him go ? Don't let him come within a thousand miles of us.

The Frog

yes manly had the issues with AFB ... look at why he left there give him a wide birth, no thanks

he was at Dragons when he pleaded guilty to DV. Manly signed him after that. Caveat Emptor.

he also had other issues and had to leave sydney, Manly were not that sad to lose him either

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

AFB is a great player, elite level prop. I hope he never plays for us. Wrong for culture.

Our culture is terrible. We need people who are winners even if they travel in sketchy circles. Besides he’s had time away give him a chance to show he’s grown. 

Bloke pushed his wife to the ground and kicked her, nothing to do with "sketchy circles".

I didn’t know that one just the other stuff about this social group 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

AFB would be massive for us.

Interesting to note that the ‘Team’ page has been updated on WT page - Staines and Rua still there.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Parras new recruit, so glad he isnt with us anymore and I hope he continues to stink it up over there

?center=0.14%2C0.44&preset=photo-inline

jirskyr and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

tigers are set to receive round 1 bye

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

good news we can delay the pain for a week

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I'm ready for us to play next week. lol

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @garry

I'm ready for us to play next week. lol

My enthusiasm is low to match my expectations 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Yes please to Jorgensen. Gun and a tiger pedigree.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/arlc-to-discuss-salary-cap-exemptions-for-clubs-signing-wallabies-stars-20231111-p5ej8g.html

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Interesting to note that the ‘Team’ page has been updated on WT page - Staines and Rua still there.

Based on the information available is it reasonable to conclude that Charlie Staines is currently unemployed? As at 1 November his Tigers contract expired. If he has signed with us again we cannot register the contract until we shed players? This is bizarre. He's the ideal winger and back up full back in my opinion and if the club is going to let him walk it would be bordering on criminal. We need him.

From Staines point of view he would surely be better off taking a contract if its been offered to him elsewhere? Clubs like St George have a number of free roster spots. I do hope the Staines situation is somehow linked to a potential Nofoaluma departure before experienced players return for pre-season.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mickb

Based on the information available is it reasonable to conclude that Charlie Staines is currently unemployed? As at 1 November his Tigers contract expired. If he has signed with us again we cannot register the contract until we shed players? This is bizarre. He's the ideal winger and back up full back in my opinion and if the club is going to let him walk it would be bordering on criminal. We need him.

From Staines point of view he would surely be better off taking a contract if its been offered to him elsewhere? Clubs like St George have a number of free roster spots. I do hope the Staines situation is somehow linked to a potential Nofoaluma departure before experienced players return for pre-season.

I have no information to back this up but I strongly suspect that Staines contract status is to do with his injury. It was a very nasty injury and I wonder whether it hasnt healed as hoped or there are lingering doubts about him health/medically. I hope not, good player, seems a good guy and exactly the kind of guy to keep but the fact we havent signed elsewhere makes me suspect this.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb

I have no information to back this up but I strongly suspect that Staines contract status is to do with his injury. It was a very nasty injury and I wonder whether it hasnt healed as hoped or there are lingering doubts about him health/medically. I hope not, good player, seems a good guy and exactly the kind of guy to keep but the fact we havent signed elsewhere makes me suspect this.

I think you might be correct. Also, Rua has signed with North Sydney Bears and his profile has been removed from WT site.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Joel Helmes

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Looks like Charlie Staines is no longer with the club.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Looks like Charlie Staines is no longer with the club.

signed elsewhere? Or just because he’s not in the photos? 

ReplyQuote
Page 861 / 972
Share: