Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Beggars belief that we re-signed a bunch of plodders and couldn't lock down Tupou before 1 November. If he leaves the football department should be taken out and shot. 

I've done a lot of thinking about WT this offseason and am on the verge of not following them anymore. Absolutely horrible club in every single way.

sadly I feel exactly the same way Avo. Never had this feeling of disgust towards the club.

Thing that chances it for me is I am hopeful we are about to see some positive changes at the club finally.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@garry the issue is though, even if we get material changes at board level, we’re still stuck with an incredibly poor roster, and a lot of them signed fairly long term. 

Best we can hope for is 3-5 years to become decent, and I’m not sticking around that long. Have absolutely had it.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

@garry the issue is though, even if we get material changes at board level, we’re still stuck with an incredibly poor roster, and a lot of them signed fairly long term. 

Best we can hope for is 3-5 years to become decent, and I’m not sticking around that long. Have absolutely had it.

I'm a lifer, so that is the hope I have to cling to that our club will start taking the steps to fix this mess. It starts with a proper restructure of the club.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

jirskyr and Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Beggars belief that we re-signed a bunch of plodders and couldn't lock down Tupou before 1 November. If he leaves the football department should be taken out and shot. 

I've done a lot of thinking about WT this offseason and am on the verge of not following them anymore. Absolutely horrible club in every single way.

sadly I feel exactly the same way Avo. Never had this feeling of disgust towards the club.

Thing that chances it for me is I am hopeful we are about to see some positive changes at the club finally.

Mate I’m holding out for that too. Has to happen 

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

In Fairness to the club I would have to think they offered this a while back like the others, but his manager would have wanted to hold out to see what's available and push up his price especially after his rep duties.  

Let's not get into a bidding war over a young bloke that has not exactly been consistent and proven top grade player week in week out. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@hsvjones him and Bula are the only outside backs worth keeping. Offering him 2 years is an insult. Needed to be locked up pre Nov 1

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Junior needs to be signed and as Avo said should have been locked up for multiple years before now. 

In terms of the club I’m hopeful we’ll see positive change but I’m not optimistic. I’m in it for life but my level of commitment is waning. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Galvin manager up to old tricks apparently he and family not happy with how Sheens was treated and looking for the exit lounge. 

I think the drums are beating we will get Luai and he wants out

As for tupou hope we sign him but do not pay overs. Think he will end up at the chooks tbh

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Galvin manager up to old tricks apparently he and family not happy with how Sheens was treated and looking for the exit lounge. 

As for tupou hope we sign him but do not pay overs. Think he will end up at the chooks tbh

so who do you replace him with? He’s easily our best winger and our best centre. He’s miles better than Naden, To’a, Nofa, etc. 

We don’t need Luai, we need good outside backs (like Tupou!) and impact forwards. At the moment our only forward to regularly bend the line is Pole, the rest are plodders. Outside of Tupou and Bula our backs absolutely suck.

This off-season we’ve failed to secure Tupou, we’ve re-signed three players who should have been cut, and apparently are on the hunt for Olam who is completely broken. I’m not sure if it’s Benji or Fulton making these decisions, but one or both of them should be sacked immediately and shipped off to a gulag somewhere. Just dumb dumb dumb.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

so who do you replace him with? He’s easily our best winger and our best centre. He’s miles better than Naden, To’a, Nofa, etc. 

We don’t need Luai, we need good outside backs (like Tupou!) and impact forwards. At the moment our only forward to regularly bend the line is Pole, the rest are plodders. Outside of Tupou and Bula our backs absolutely suck.

This off-season we’ve failed to secure Tupou, we’ve re-signed three players who should have been cut, and apparently are on the hunt for Olam who is completely broken. I’m not sure if it’s Benji or Fulton making these decisions, but one or both of them should be sacked immediately and shipped off to a gulag somewhere. Just dumb dumb dumb.

Sacking season is in full swing in lower levels of English soccer, but a pre-emptive sacking call for Marshall or Fulton or both, sets a new standard. Go you!

Sadly, I don't think it will take too long in season 2024 for me to join you in wishing it had happened.

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

I'm a lifer, so that is the hope I have to cling to that our club will start taking the steps to fix this mess. It starts with a proper restructure of the club.

I'm with you Garry... a lifer but have to say even though I'd never barrack for another team this current Tigers team is hard to watch & the administration is even more difficult to understand.

If Chairman Lee is actually a Tigers fan as he claims he needs to do the best thing for the club ahead of what he thinks is best for the club... the remaining board need to to the same. We need fresh minds and ideally independent minds to lead us out of this steaming pile!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Problem we hardcore fans have, Its the same people driving.

The Tigers are the League Train wreck.

Like the Detroit lions who were constantly a failure, they got a New GM and Head coach and started recruiting around "hard workers" and "Culture" .

It can happen if you have the right leadership that will stick to a plan - Case in point -> Cleary, Maguire, Sheens....... Benji????

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Addin Fainu Blake has asked for an immediate release

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Fantastic player that we could afford. But our top 30 is full.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

This would be great but there is no chance 

ReplyQuote
Page 859 / 1066
Share: