Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

what about the news Michael Chieka might be coming over as GM of football

I thought that news died out 

New article about it today, Tigers intensifying their chase of him next week. Apparently going to give him full control.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

no article on it yesterday now Argentina has finished world cup, they lost 3rd place game. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

no article on it yesterday now Argentina has finished world cup, they lost 3rd place game. 

intetesting. Any fresh competent people I’m all for. And I’d say he’s one of them. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I like Cheika a lot, but why would he come? We had a chance to upgrade our team in the off-season but we’ve gone and re-signed bottom tier players. We have a top 30 in place now with no room for additions unless we trade. We deserve a third spoon.

He’d be better off sitting on the sidelines and waiting for something else to come up.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Maybe a head of football role gives him an opportunity to still do some stuff in rugby for Argentina. It’s an interesting idea. Betsy has been great for the juniors, why not look outside league for a football manager. He has had great success with a variety of teams. He knows what success looks like.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Maybe a head of football role gives him an opportunity to still do some stuff in rugby for Argentina. It’s an interesting idea. Betsy has been great for the juniors, why not look outside league for a football manager. He has had great success with a variety of teams. He knows what success looks like.

I believe there is a desire to travel less, so I job in the NRL has appeal in that sense.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1pFUQcVaSAllUHiQf0bFfl?si=914506d16c0743ab

Scott Fulton's mouthpiece Peter Peters up to his old tricks this morning at the end of this clip.

Fulton clearly not happy about the Sezer signing and happy to whinge to Zorba about it.

Once a head of football is appointed it will be interesting to see how long Fulton lasts in his current role. He is obviously used to getting his own way at Manly courtesy of his old man.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @mickb

Scott Fulton's mouthpiece Peter Peters up to his old tricks this morning at the end of this clip.

Fulton clearly not happy about the Sezer signing and happy to whinge to Zorba about it.

Once a head of football is appointed it will be interesting to see how long Fulton lasts in his current role. He is obviously used to getting his own way at Manly courtesy of his old man.

Based on the evidence to date.

Whoever appointed Fulton should be considered unde rather review to be moved on,

And based on the leaking and lack of player signings, Fulton should also be considered to be moved on

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @mickb

It would be nice if we could hire people who can be professional. They don’t have to agree with everything the club does but just try and keep it out of the media. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Good grief. We're responding to comments of Peter Peters now? I would have thought that any media outlet that gave time to a discredited relic like Peter Peters was somewhere to avoid. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Good grief. We're responding to comments of Peter Peters now? I would have thought that any media outlet that gave time to a discredited relic like Peter Peters was somewhere to avoid. 

Either way, Fulton won’t be a long term proposition I wouldn’t think.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The Wests Tigers are reportedly aiming to poach cross-code star Solomon Alaimalo after the flyer met with head coach Benji Marshall.

A mainstay for New Zealand's Super Rugby clubs, Alaimalo played for the Chiefs and Highlanders before taking a break from the sport in 2021 to deal with depression and anxiety.

He has since returned to the rugby union field for the Chiefs and played in their Round 1 game of the Super Rugby season before playing the rest of the season for Canterbury - a team that competes in New Zealand's provincial competition.

Eyeing a move to the NRLNews Corp has reported that the 27-year-old is receiving interest from the Wests Tigers and the two parties have already had discussions with one another.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Wests Tigers offer Junior Tupou contract extension | Market Watch

The Wests Tigers have offered rising star Junior Tupou a two-year extension in a bid to stave off rival clubs.

Tupou hit the open market today where Tupou is expected to generate interest from rival outfits.

It’s believed the likes of Canberra and Canterbury had shown some interest in luring the youngster away from Concord.

The Tigers are confident Tupou’s relationship with rookie coach Benji Marshall will help secure the 21-year old.

Tupou is currently touring England with the Tongan side and is expected to make a decision about his future when he returns to Australia.

Tupou emerged as a shining light in what was an otherwise dire season for the Tigers as the club collected back-to-back wooden spoons.

FATIMA KDOUH NRL REPORTER

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Beggars belief that we re-signed a bunch of plodders and couldn't lock down Tupou before 1 November. If he leaves the football department should be taken out and shot. 

I've done a lot of thinking about WT this offseason and am on the verge of not following them anymore. Absolutely horrible club in every single way.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Beggars belief that we re-signed a bunch of plodders and couldn't lock down Tupou before 1 November. If he leaves the football department should be taken out and shot. 

I've done a lot of thinking about WT this offseason and am on the verge of not following them anymore. Absolutely horrible club in every single way.

sadly I feel exactly the same way Avo. Never had this feeling of disgust towards the club.

ReplyQuote
Page 858 / 972
Share: