Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@jedi-tiger what’s an offer he can’t refuse that he can’t get in league? He’d be making a fair amount from league and is playing with his mates in a game he enjoys.

if they can pay Suali 1.6 million a year  over 3 years so 5 million

no salary cap in rugby they could pay cleary 2 million  to 2.3 million a year over 3 years he won't get that in league 

rugby Australia would make that up in merchandise and TV ratings and sponsorship

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I see something in toa, he’s surprisingly quick and usually beats the first tackle with nice foot work and strong upper body. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. I think he mostly looked poor because there was no structure and service from the halves and very little ball playing from Bula

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jirskyr

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tigerlily

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2023/10/05/toa-adds-two-more-years-at-wests-tigers/

Personally would have been happy to see him moved on.

Not a fan of this at all, takes up a valuable top 30 spot. Bad signing.

Legitimate question - is To'a currently the best centre at the club? If yes, and that is what I think, then it's sensible to have him Top 30. Even if he becomes a backup, you still need to fill 2 centre spots every week.

I think Junior Tupou is the best centre at the club. I'd be going to market to fill the other centre spot. I'd have Staines on one wing and go to market for the other wing spot.

You need more than 2 centres in your Top 30. You can't have Tupou, assuming he can play there (hasn't to date) plus your mystery market signing and not have someone else as backup.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@jedi-tiger what’s an offer he can’t refuse that he can’t get in league? He’d be making a fair amount from league and is playing with his mates in a game he enjoys.

no salary cap in rugby they could pay cleary 2 million  to 2.3 million a year over 3 years he won't get that in league 

rugby Australia would make that up in merchandise and TV ratings and sponsorship

2 things:

Firstly rugby does not have that kind of money to pay a league convert 2.3 mill a year.

Second issue is that if rugby moves to pay certain players big big dollars, they create a very strong risk of heating up their own player market because the top native rugby players will want those kind of salaries too. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jirskyr We already had To’a contracted for 2024.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @jirskyr

2 things:

Firstly rugby does not have that kind of money to pay a league convert 2.3 mill a year.

Second issue is that if rugby moves to pay certain players big big dollars, they create a very strong risk of heating up their own player market because the top native rugby players will want those kind of salaries too. 

they have just paid Suali 1.6 million .... 

to get cleary what is another 500k 

no current wallaby gets anywhere near Suali salary let alone what they could offer cleary. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I strongly suspect Parra are sinking to our level....firstly for signing Kelma, secondly for their "attention to detail".

IMG 7005

Garry and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

We’ve seen what Starford is capable of, can Benji get the most out of him? Benji obviously thinks so.

ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

The daily telegraph has a story that the tigers are going to make a huge offer to Bradman Best after November 1, to make him the highest paid Centre in the league

I can’t see the article, or do I have access to see it  

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @westy81

The daily telegraph has a story that the tigers are going to make a huge offer to Bradman Best after November 1, to make him the highest paid Centre in the league

I can’t see the article, or do I have access to see it  

I haven’t seen the article but this was mentioned a couple of months back by Rothfield and he called it potentially the biggest signing in our history 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

apparently it is 800k a year for Best or something like that

we have also lost Conti to Dogs they have offered him a top 30 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

BULLDOGS POUNCE ON TIGERS YOUNG GUN

One of the Tigers brightest prospects Alex Conti is set to quit the club and join arch rivals Canterbury next season.

The Tigers have purchased a heap of halves going forward including veteran Aidan Sezer next year. They have also brought in external players Jayden Sullivan and Latu Fainu on mega four year deals to push for starting spots in 2024 which has come at the expense of local product Conti.

He is now expected to challenge for a top grade spot at Canterbury in a bid to solve their long-term halves problems.

A host of rival clubs and even rugby were interested in securing Conti, who captained Balmain’s Harold Matthews Cup side this year. Conti was picked in the Junior Blues squad last year and has long been touted as strong first grade talent.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Bradman Best DT

Wests Tigers are preparing to make a rich play for Newcastle star Bradman Best once the November 1 trade window opens.
It is understood that the Tigers will want to make Best one of the highest paid centres in the competition by offering a long-term deal worth more than $800,000 a year. The Tigers are on the lookout for a strike centre with Best at the top of their list. They could also make a play for St George Illawarra centre Moses Suli, who made his NRL debut at the Tigers in 2017.

While the Tigers are ready to pounce on Best, Newcastle are confident they will lock him down before he is free to negotiate with rival clubs and have already been engaged in positive talks with Best and his new agent.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

We are also in talks with Moses Suli from St George who was with us in 2017...

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

We are also in talks with Moses Suli from St George who was with us in 2017...

maybe they can set up a bed in the CoE so he doesn’t need to use his car…..

Mike and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 849 / 933
Share: