[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The dogs must be desperate if they're giving Conti a top 30 spot 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@dirty-reds they’ve swapped halves with the tigers, we signed one of their halves this year in Matai

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @westy81

@dirty-reds they’ve swapped halves with the tigers, we signed one of their halves this year in Matai

good to see we are shopping elsewhere than Manly.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

conti is much better than Matai, dogs have the better deal with that one 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Matai is a long way off playing FG for us though 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Conti managed by Braith Anasta so looks like he still has an axe to grind with the club

ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@jedi-tiger I’m sure he has, never has anything good to say about the tigers, I’m sure if he has any clients inside the tigers he would get them out ASAP

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

conti is much better than Matai, dogs have the better deal with that one 

Just like the tigers to get the bad end of the deal, hopefully Fainu works out at the club and is a long term half for the tigers in years to come  

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Id have liked to have kept conti , but it’s pretty understandable he’s want to go to a place like the dogs . There’s a clear pathway to first grade there . 
Here , he has long term investment in Sullivan , Fainu , Galvin and the very ominous Large just around the corner coming real fast . 
And All 4 are way more regarded prospects  than he is , all regarded as the best half in thier age group . 
He has to compete with Olaapu the other elite half , has been told he needs to move to 9 for whatever reason , and Toby sexton who has looked out at sea since his move . 
You only have to look at Lachlan Ilias for a similar story . 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I've been thinking about a player swap proposal over the last few days

AJ Kepaoa >>> Sharks

Connor Tracey >>> Tigers

There might still be a player in AJ but he's had 40 games with us now with some serious interruptions with injury. I wasn't a fan of him being moved to the forwards but he did show some promise given limited opportunities there and he showed more talent as an edge forward than he ever did on a wing. He can run a hard line, beat a man with a fend but also makes dumb errors and has poor hands

Cronulla need edge backrowers more than they need outside backs if you look through their squad. They have Dykes, Tracey, Hiroti and Iro all waiting for a chance as reserve backs which is far too many compared to their edge forwards where the depth falls away quickly after their starters Wilton and Nikora.

Connor Tracey has busted a gut for an opportunity and at 27 deserves regular game time at NRL level. He has performed well in each of his 66 games. He'd be a walkup start at left centre for WT and for a young squad lacking maturity and depth he'd add a great deal of value in my opinion.

I'm not expecting any significant roster changes while this board business plays out but I did hear on SEN this morning that Tracey is wanted at St George.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mickb

AJ Kepaoa >>> Sharks

Connor Tracey >>> Tigers

There might still be a player in AJ but he's had 40 games with us now with some serious interruptions with injury. I wasn't a fan of him being moved to the forwards but he did show some promise given limited opportunities there and he showed more talent as an edge forward than he ever did on a wing. He can run a hard line, beat a man with a fend but also makes dumb errors and has poor hands

Cronulla need edge backrowers more than they need outside backs if you look through their squad. They have Dykes, Tracey, Hiroti and Iro all waiting for a chance as reserve backs which is far too many compared to their edge forwards where the depth falls away quickly after their starters Wilton and Nikora.

Connor Tracey has busted a gut for an opportunity and at 27 deserves regular game time at NRL level. He has performed well in each of his 66 games. He'd be a walkup start at left centre for WT and for a young squad lacking maturity and depth he'd add a great deal of value in my opinion.

I'm not expecting any significant roster changes while this board business plays out but I did hear on SEN this morning that Tracey is wanted at St George.

i must be the only one who doesnt see anything special in Connor Tracey

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mickb

AJ Kepaoa >>> Sharks

Connor Tracey >>> Tigers

i must be the only one who doesnt see anything special in Connor Tracey

I don't either, we need out and out centres not a utility type of player. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@tiger5150 yes I agree. And we don’t need anymore utilities that can’t nail down a spot.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Based on his social media postings today, I would hope JAC never pulls on a Tigers jersey ever again.

Jedi Tiger and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Based on his social media postings today, I would hope JAC never pulls on a Tigers jersey ever again.

Can you elaborate on this mate?

ReplyQuote
Page 850 / 932
Share: