Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Most of the juniors are a few years off, if they are even going to make it. If you look at our top 30 for next season, it's basically veterans around 30 (and above), and kids - very little in between. Twal was one of those in between. Whilst not a world beater, I agree that he improved with the ball this year, and his defence has always been high quality. 

The club doesn't deserve any semblance of a benefit of doubt when it comes to planning around this stuff, so we can only blindly hope that they know what they're doing. 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @snake

@doug-heffernan There obviously is a plan moving forward … Twal is reliable but realistically an above average plodder . The squad needs renewing the players at present have  won two spoons in succession.. new blood needs to be brought in and Benji obviously has realised this at last !

The plan is to get all bully type western Sydney islanders in. Nothing against Islanders, we need them no doubt, but it's about balance and mixtures of skill sets. Going all in one direction is fatal. Losing Galvin and Twal is a massive mistake 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Outside of Api and Bula I don’t care who leaves. We came last, twice. The club should be looking to upgrade everywhere they can.

hsvjones, 851, Tiger_Alex and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Most of the juniors are a few years off, if they are even going to make it. If you look at our top 30 for next season, it's basically veterans around 30 (and above), and kids - very little in between. Twal was one of those in between. Whilst not a world beater, I agree that he improved with the ball this year, and his defence has always been high quality. 

The club doesn't deserve any semblance of a benefit of doubt when it comes to planning around this stuff, so we can only blindly hope that they know what they're doing. 

It will all depend on who the replacements are and based on our history that is terrifying. This time lat year we let Hastings and Madden go and then had injuries to Brooks & Doueihi. Injuries to Klem/Stef would kill us at the moment.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

DT reporting Furner gone.

Just who exactly is making these decisions at Concord. Reports say it wasn’t Benji.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

seems we are trying to bring Craig Sandercock back to the club as Furners replacement and still keeping Farah on board as assistant and potentially moving into front office 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

The Galvin stuff has to be McDonnell leaking to the papers . 
He was the leak last year , and the year before I thought . 
Classic tactic of getting a journo to report something as fact when it’s actually more like , this is what McDonnell wants to happen . 
If the tigers react in the wrong way , it can reinforce the idea that Galvin might not be wanted , which is obviously not true , and plant seeds of doubt so Manly can swoop in. 
The eels did the same a few months ago with the Stefano wanting to go back there “report” 

teams are trying to grab any thread that might loosen , because there’s no players of any real value in the market . 
There will be tonnes of these stories out there over the offseason .

It could also be a bargaining chip for us , as do have Fainu , and Galvin is the best junior in the country . 
We could leverage Galvin into a quality centre , especially if , from all reports , we think Galvin is a future edge back rower Ala Curtis Sironen .  

This post was modified 1 year ago by lestronge

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Heard from a pommy friend who is involved a little bit with Wigan that we are looking again at getting Morgan Smithies 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

seems we are trying to bring Craig Sandercock back to the club as Furners replacement and still keeping Farah on board as assistant and potentially moving into front office 

Sandercock would be attack surely? Morris will have the defence you'd think, same as he has had at Souths. 

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @mike

DT reporting Furner gone.

Just who exactly is making these decisions at Concord. Reports say it wasn’t Benji.

It just screams of a club that is in freefall. I’m kinda over it!!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Sandercock would be attack surely? Morris will have the defence you'd think, same as he has had at Souths. 

I hope Morris is across everything tbh. No slur on Benji but Morris is imo the most important member of the coaching staff.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I hope Morris is across everything tbh. No slur on Benji but Morris is imo the most important member of the coaching staff.

Morris is going to be a great asset and I'd be happy about Sandercock as well. My memory was that he did well in 2016 and any team that gets to 9th with Taylor coaching must have had outside help.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Facebook rumour - Aaron Woods coming home 🐅 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Facebook rumour - Aaron Woods coming home 🐅 

I hope to host ‘ask the boss’

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @helmesy