Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Very interesting times ahead Re recruitment..there seems to be a wealth of talent being offered up at present with obviously more as teams drop out of contention. There needs to be spaces opened up on the roster , a serious look at some of these younger pathways guys that have a spot whether realistically they are going to make the grade . Guys like Noffo have to be moved on there are probable around 6 in his boat . 
If this organisation wants to start succeeding the hard decisions need to be made .. No excuses as I have said above there seems plenty of players on the market that certainly would improve things !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast There’s obviously a reason there always is …if the guy could not get a look in with a team getting the spoon ?

This post was modified 1 year ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if you can get Schuster as a 13 with manly paying 500k of his 800k salary then it is a punt worth taking

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if you can get Schuster as a 13 with manly paying 500k of his 800k salary then it is a punt worth taking

I think you would have the same issues as with AD trying to play Schuster at 13.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Rex2ce and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@garry No subsidiary would suffice having that guy at our club … Lazy no commitment is something this club does not need !

Rex2ce and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @snake

Very interesting times ahead Re recruitment..there seems to be a wealth of talent being offered up at present with obviously more as teams drop out of contention. There needs to be spaces opened up on the roster , a serious look at some of these younger pathways guys that have a spot whether realistically they are going to make the grade . Guys like Noffo have to be moved on there are probable around 6 in his boat . 
If this organisation wants to start succeeding the hard decisions need to be made .. No excuses as I have said above there seems plenty of players on the market that certainly would improve things !

I’m expecting a lot of roster changes this offseason.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @snake

@garry No subsidiary would suffice having that guy at our club … Lazy no commitment is something this club does not need !

I agree fully

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

MANLY CLEAN-OUT: Karl Lawton, Ben Condon, Kaeo Weekes, Zac Fulton and Kelma Tuilsgi have been given permission to leave IF they find offers elsewhere.

IF NOT - they will report to Manly training in November. Its important to note the players aren’t being forced out.

What a fall from grace for Kelma

ReplyQuote
(@claws)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @barra

Not sure that I'd take the Fox on. As others have said, old wingers slow up all of a sudden and he is on the wrong side of his bell curve. He would bring experience but not sure he is a leader for these young guys around him? And getting the right sort of experience and leadership is as important as talent in regard to the next few signings.

Benji must get this right for everyone's sake including his own.

Yep, the Fox looked like he is slowing up in today’s game against the Titans. 😂😂😂

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

What is Weekes’ position?

Fullback

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @lestronge

And Kaeo Weekes . Once we get Olakoatu , that should be the last of the Fulton loyalists at Manly . 

I would LOVE to get Olakoatu but cant imagine it.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

On the eye test:

1) Matamua looks good as the ball playing link, a definite point of difference in our attack and brings Bula into the movement. Very strange we didn’t use him considering he trained all off season and our attack all year was atrocious 

2) Kit looked great. Very powerful runner, similar to Pole and he looked very keen for work. Not sure what his position will be, particularly if Matamua is 13 but definitely a bench forward. 

3) TDS a much better prospect than simpkins. Will definately be bench hooker in 24.

4) tupou had a great game, no errors that I noticed and ran hard. He’s wasted in our team at the moment because the ball never gets to him in space other than off a loose play or error.

5) Feledy, I don’t get it. Hopefully just a bad night but I don’t understand the wraps. He looks very small for a first grade centre ie not rangy like Campbell Gillard,  not athletic like a manu, undersized vs a Best. I don’t think he’s it.

the issue again is that we had no halves and no game plan. Hopefully a lot of this year has been sheensball and the lack of halves. We will certainly know in the first month of season 2024 whether the club is toast because we will not survive another year like this.

agree on all fronts. Kit potentially a bit on the smaller side as well but ran it up willingly I really hope we give Matamua more game time at lock next year

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/04/wests-tigers-chair-lee-hagipantelis-reflects-on-another-poor-season/ I heard this earlier today and it made me think - how long have WT club management been promising a turn around?

I did some digging. This is from Dec 2019

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6zk96IuCpSjvY62CgiIuin?si=5ba5285b2d634656 from 4.51 Pascoe quotes 'we're on the right track. We're not about making up the numbers."

At 6.48 regarding the 2020 season - 'there's more rigour around recruitment and retention than there has ever been.... we're looking for talent to add to a quality list and a developing list.'

'We're about making this a destination club that players want to come to and want to be a part of."

How embarrassing is that 4 years later these guys are still saying the same things? And yet the club has still failed to reach the finals.

It really is unbelievable that the coach and board are still in place after such a prolonged period of failure. There is no hope for any of us with such deluded fools in charge.

This post was modified 1 year ago by MickeyB

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @mickb

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/04/wests-tigers-chair-lee-hagipantelis-reflects-on-another-poor-season/ I heard this earlier today and it made me think - how long have WT club management been promising a turn around?

I did some digging. This is from Dec 2019

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6zk96IuCpSjvY62CgiIuin?si=5ba5285b2d634656 from 4.51 Pascoe quotes 'we're on the right track. We're not about making up the numbers."

At 6.48 regarding the 2020 season - 'there's more rigour around recruitment and retention than there has ever been.... we're looking for talent to add to a quality list and a developing list.'

'We're about making this a destination club that players want to come to and want to be a part of."

How embarrassing is that 4 years later these guys are still saying the same things? And yet the club has still failed to reach the finals.

It really is unbelievable that the coach and board are still in place after such a prolonged period of failure. There is no hope for any of us with such deluded fools in charge.

As someone else said, they are marking their own homework. They haven’t got a clue. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Good find. Was just thinking earlier today about the charm offensive that JP went on at the start of this season, especially on our own favourite podcast. 

Free beer tomorrow!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 831 / 1067
Share: