Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

The depth ofthe broncos and storm in key positions is absolutely incredible.

These kids would all be starters at WT

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Apparently Lobb is heading our way.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2023/02/16/meet-alex-lobb/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Apparently Lobb is heading our way.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2023/02/16/meet-alex-lobb/

You mean he's about to lob over here?

Top 8 2023

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

FOX TROTS OFF?​

There has been some conjecture surrounding Josh Addo-Carr’s future at Canterbury in recent days.

So much so that he was the talk at the chief executive’s conference on Wednesday with suggestions a third party had been offering the representative winger to rival clubs including his former team the Tigers.

We contacted his agent Mario Tartak who assured us that Addo-Carr was going nowhere and that he had received assurances from the Bulldogs that they had no plans to move him on.

SEA EAGLES GUN FLIES COOP​

Manly’s rising star Kaeo Weekes could be on the move within weeks after it emerged that he had been given permission to explore his options on the open market.

Sport Confidential understands that the Sea Eagles reluctantly granted Weekes permission to talk to other clubs when it became clear he would struggle to crack a spot in first grade next year.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Would be great to get Ado Carr back but unlikely we’ll probably end up with Okunbor

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I dont want JAC back. Like Nofa, I think JAC is on the decline, he has lost a lot of speed. IMO the Tigers need to get out of the cycle of giving good old players a pension plan and prefer to overpay youngsters with potential.

Looks like we have limited roster spots available to bring players back in and dont want to waste a valuable roster spot with a winger. Need centres.

Rex2ce, Tigerlily, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @tiger5150

I dont want JAC back. Like Nofa, I think JAC is on the decline, he has lost a lot of speed. IMO the Tigers need to get out of the cycle of giving good old players a pension plan and prefer to overpay youngsters with potential.

Looks like we have limited roster spots available to bring players back in and dont want to waste a valuable roster spot with a winger. Need centres.

It would be completely absurd to sign Ado Carr. He is barley holding down a spot at the Dogs and his speed is declining quite rapidly. Has no go forward, and has always struggled defensively. So I agree with you 100%

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

weekes and the fox would be good additions 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

weekes and the fox would be good additions 

Just too small for me. Also both can't tackle, particularly Weekes. I'm ok with just Weekes as he is lightning, young and can play a lot of positions. He has time to fix his defence. Totally against JAC

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Have always been a big JAC fan but signing him at this stage of his career would be a terrible move. 29 next year, has lost a touch of pace and when wingers start to go downhill they go downhill fast. Let's try and get someone at their peak or on an upward trajectory.

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger I would prefer the young fella  from the Dragons he also kicks at a high percentage. Fox is ok but the reality is there are many holes that need plugging in this team !

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @snake

@jedi-tiger I would prefer the young fella  from the Dragons he also kicks at a high percentage. Fox is ok but the reality is there are many holes that need plugging in this team !

2024 will not be much better mate

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

On the eye test:

1) Matamua looks good as the ball playing link, a definite point of difference in our attack and brings Bula into the movement. Very strange we didn’t use him considering he trained all off season and our attack all year was atrocious 

2) Kit looked great. Very powerful runner, similar to Pole and he looked very keen for work. Not sure what his position will be, particularly if Matamua is 13 but definitely a bench forward. 

3) TDS a much better prospect than simpkins. Will definately be bench hooker in 24.

4) tupou had a great game, no errors that I noticed and ran hard. He’s wasted in our team at the moment because the ball never gets to him in space other than off a loose play or error.

5) Feledy, I don’t get it. Hopefully just a bad night but I don’t understand the wraps. He looks very small for a first grade centre ie not rangy like Campbell Gillard,  not athletic like a manu, undersized vs a Best. I don’t think he’s it.

the issue again is that we had no halves and no game plan. Hopefully a lot of this year has been sheensball and the lack of halves. We will certainly know in the first month of season 2024 whether the club is toast because we will not survive another year like this.

MickeyB and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

On the eye test:

1) Matamua looks good as the ball playing link, a definite point of difference in our attack and brings Bula into the movement. Very strange we didn’t use him considering he trained all off season and our attack all year was atrocious 

2) Kit looked great. Very powerful runner, similar to Pole and he looked very keen for work. Not sure what his position will be, particularly if Matamua is 13 but definitely a bench forward. 

3) TDS a much better prospect than simpkins. Will definately be bench hooker in 24.

4) tupou had a great game, no errors that I noticed and ran hard. He’s wasted in our team at the moment because the ball never gets to him in space other than off a loose play or error.

5) Feledy, I don’t get it. Hopefully just a bad night but I don’t understand the wraps. He looks very small for a first grade centre ie not rangy like Campbell Gillard,  not athletic like a manu, undersized vs a Best. I don’t think he’s it.

the issue again is that we had no halves and no game plan. Hopefully a lot of this year has been sheensball and the lack of halves. We will certainly know in the first month of season 2024 whether the club is toast because we will not survive another year like this.

Good summary....For no real reason other than Im thinking about it, my opinion of what is usable is listed below which is about 5 players short however reportedly we only have one roster spot available for next year. Desperately short of outside backs and no real depth for fullback.

1. Bula

2. tupou

3 Toa?

5...Staines?

6 Sullivan

7 Sezer

8 Klemmer

9 Api

10 Stef

11 Papali'i

12 Bateman

13. Pole

14. TDS

15. Blore?

16. Twal

17. Lauli'ii

18. Matamua

19. Faagatu

20. reilly

21. James

22 Latu Fainu

23 Samuela Fainu

24 Sione Fainu (not good enough but surely part of the family deal?)

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Dont disagree with the above - we're absolutely miles off despite our chairman's comments to the contrary. 

Not overly impressed with Feledy but he's barely played any NSW Cup. Needs at least a season or two at that level before he's ready for regular FG. Same goes for a lot of these kids tbh - a bit ridiculous to expect them to perform in a battling FG side when they haven't played nearly enough against men. Hopefully the development strategies get looked at under the new head of football as the NSW cup team has been an absolute waste of time for a few years now. 

Get the grades playing the same systems from the top down so that we're actually developing kids and young men to play FG for Wests Tigers. 

ReplyQuote
Page 829 / 942
Share: