Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

I'll be putting out information later, but just got confirmation that we will have Luke Brooks as our guest for the ambush event this weekend.

Wow....unexpected. Seems a strange thing for the club to push him forward now he is leaving.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways

Iam fairly confident we will get the kids signature. Been wrong plenty of times before, just don’t see the kid leaving Sydney. My main concern is people are talking this up as a top of the range signing that is going to turn the ship around. I see him as a kid with potential plus, but without real quality around him might struggle to reach his potential. As far as 2024 we are going to need at least three or four new faces in our top 17 to make a move up the ladder.

Skippa13, 851, Dirty Reds and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

heard through a source and also thought I heard something on SEN that we were also looking at Luke Keary. Problem with keary is he is probably one headnock away from retirement. Anyone else heard anything about us chasing keary ?

A Keary 7 Fainu 6 partnership could work

Failing thst we need to go for walker 7 Fainu 6

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

The Dolphins also have plenty of cap room so I don’t think that’s an advantage for either team. The Dolphins have a big advantage in coaching. I believe we have advantages everywhere else (location, brother at the club, Fulton relationship, opportunities, etc). 

851, Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150

I'll be putting out information later, but just got confirmation that we will have Luke Brooks as our guest for the ambush event this weekend.

Wow....unexpected. Seems a strange thing for the club to push him forward now he is leaving.

didn't the club also do the same with Hastings last year he spoke at the bankwest game against penrith at the end of the year. 

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @super-coach

Iam fairly confident we will get the kids signature. Been wrong plenty of times before, just don’t see the kid leaving Sydney. My main concern is people are talking this up as a top of the range signing that is going to turn the ship around. I see him as a kid with potential plus, but without real quality around him might struggle to reach his potential. As far as 2024 we are going to need at least three or four new faces in our top 17 to make a move up the ladder.

The thing with Fainu that I feel is different to the average 18yo with talent is his confidence and the fact that he has played the best part of a season in Cup. This kid is very confident and wont be thinking of failure and hopefully when the inevitable setback does hit him he has the self belief to push on. The fact that he is currently competing against men, successfully builds that confidence. Similar things IMO could be said for Bula.

I feel more confident with Fainu than most that he will make it (somewhere). Sheens & Benji would be good for him, but so would Bennet tbf.

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

heard through a source and also thought I heard something on SEN that we were also looking at Luke Keary. Problem with keary is he is probably one headnock away from retirement. Anyone else heard anything about us chasing keary ?

Keary is exactly the type of 7 we need (minus the neuro issues). Keary/Fainu would be unbelievable, literally unfortunately.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Keary is exactly the type of 7 we need (minus the neuro issues). Keary/Fainu would be unbelievable, literally unfortunately.

I have to disagree on this one. Keary has been awful and would really struggle with us.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

I too am going to be extremely disappointed if we miss Fainu. But I’m just going to keep dropping the line that pinning our hopes on an 18 year old is dangerous. Yes we need him but then we also need an established 7. So missing Fainu would be hard to take but getting him and playing wakeham beside him would be just as tough.

Salty, jirskyr, Frullens and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

didn't the club also do the same with Hastings last year he spoke at the bankwest game against penrith at the end of the year. 

He didn't leave the club until the day after pre season training began.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Every time you think there’s no way things can look worse and there is light at the end of the tunnel somehow it gets bleaker. I don’t think I can hold out for much longer for the club to turn a corner 

the light at the end if the tunnel is the train coming the other way driven by Lee and his Co Pilot Pascoe 

sounds about right and we’re all just walking along the tracks 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

What on earth happened to The Pom

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

sounds about right and we’re all just walking along the tracks 

I feel like I am tied to the tracks.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @wiz

@the-last-ronin I’m not sure we are going to be able to turn it around if we can’t get some decent halves. If we can’t, our juniors are our only hope which will mean another 3 or so years of poor results with no guarantee of success on the other side of that. I may be overreacting, but I feel the signing of Fainu is that important. 

I’m with you. I feel like I’ve tried to explain to myself for years now. When x happens it will be they start of the recovery but x rarely happens and y decides to occur and set everything backwards. 

I’ve support this club since day one and my parents came from long term Wests and Balmain families but I don’t think I can do it for much longer if it keeps going this way. 

I’ve sat in the pouring rain when we’ve lost by 60 and still come back the next week. I was at the grand final. I attended back to back 50 loses. I’ve seen it all but the management is riding this club into the ground and the poor I hear them talk the less confidence I have that they have any idea what they are doing….

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Tigers meeting Fainu tomorrow and have expressed interest in Trindall.

Westy81, Mac_Tiger, Kenny4517 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 732 / 934
Share: