Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

What on earth happened to The Pom

thought I heard he got outed when the whole rumour around pascoe was leaving 

ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

@garry this is Plan A for us. It would solve all our problems.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

Tigers meeting Fainu tomorrow and have expressed interest in Trindall.

let’s hope at least one of them work out 

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

What on earth happened to The Pom

thought I heard he got outed when the whole rumour around pascoe was leaving 

he was likely a fan also. Heh Pom, let us know if you are still reading the forum 👋

This post was modified 10 months ago by TigerTownSFS

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/long-way-round-why-tigers-skipper-will-clock-up-20-000km-on-trip-to-townsville-20230627-p5djws.html

Around the same time Bateman is adjusting to local time, assistant coach Benji Marshall is expected to meet Latu Fainu, the Sea Eagles youngster earmarked by the Tigers as the man to replace halfback Luke Brooks who has now attracted strong interest from the Dolphins.

There were whispers the Titans were also keen on luring the 18-year-old north, but it appears a race in two between the Tigers and Wayne Bennett’s newcomers

Brooks announced on Monday he would be quitting his junior club after 11 seasons to join Manly on a four-year deal.

Who plays in the halves at the Tigers next year has now become a huge talking point, especially with Adam Doueihi no certainty to return from a knee injury at all in 2023.

Yet another new halves pairing, Daine Laurie and Brandon Wakeham, will be unveiled against the Cowboys, but both are off contract at the end of this season. The Tigers have already expressed interest in Cronulla’s Braydon Trindall, and have started to source options in the Super League.

Sam Walker’s off-the-cuff approach would work well under Marshall, but he is tied to the Sydney Roosters for another couple of seasons, while South Sydney’s Blake Taaffe, who is without a deal beyond this year – and is known as a fullback – won a Jersey Flegg grand final with the Bunnies as the starting halfback in 2019.

Wakeham knows it is up to him to convince the Tigers he is worthy of a new deal, and is prepared to wait given he did not start with the club until January this year.

“I’m really enjoying my time, I feel like I can play direct and guide a team around the park, they’re my strengths, and hopefully I can showcase that the next few weeks,” Wakeham said.

851 and Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)

Not sure if the Benji meeting with Fainu suggests its a done deal or just talk. I see Tommy has been named at 20 for us this week, but Fainu hasn't been named for Blacktown. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigersteve

I too am going to be extremely disappointed if we miss Fainu. But I’m just going to keep dropping the line that pinning our hopes on an 18 year old is dangerous. Yes we need him but then we also need an established 7. So missing Fainu would be hard to take but getting him and playing wakeham beside him would be just as tough.

The club needs at least 3 probably 4 halves for next season. It’s bewildering how bereft the club is of halves, insufficient succession planning part of the problem. Fainu would be perfect as the young ‘project player’ and would need to be managed as such, would be unfair on him and risky to have too high expectations too soon. Needs time and space to develop properly and learn his craft, but the pathway ahead to NRL level at Wests is very clear and obvious, if he’s as good as is being touted then the club can take a measured long term approach and build around him as part of the Benji Master Plan.

851, TigerSteve, Mike and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Surely this guy has to be on the radar?

He’s not getting a look in at the Titans.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/04/10/the-winning-moment--sexton-returns-in-style/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

hsvjones, 851, Tiger_Alex and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mac_tiger

Not sure if the Benji meeting with Fainu suggests its a done deal or just talk. I see Tommy has been named at 20 for us this week, but Fainu hasn't been named for Blacktown. 

Yeah we don’t know if it’s a good sign, it could also be moot if he’s taking up the Dolphins offer.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I feel like the lack of interest in promising halves coming to the tigers is related to how badly we have managed brooks. He is the poster boy for mismanaged talent. Hopefully we can change that perception but without success on the field it seems we are stuck with journeymen or reserve graders 

851, LoganR21, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @helmesy

Surely this guy has to be on the radar?

He’s not getting a look in at the Titans.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/04/10/the-winning-moment--sexton-returns-in-style/

He was very impressive when he got his chance earlier this year. I liked how he forced himself upon the game even though he was playing 6 rather then his natural spot of 7. Shows he is confident in himself and willing to go for it when the chance comes. 

hsvjones, 851, Tiger_Alex and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@helmesy yep! He’s a good one . Just needs polish . 
In regards to the halves thing, especially about brooks , I don’t know if that’s true.

Wakeham was diabolical at the dogs , and whilst he hasn’t been amazing here , he has been serviceable , which is a giant upgrade . 
And brooks was looking at Leeds rhinos as his only option at the start of the year.
You’d have to say the confidence sheens and benji has put into him , and the just really , and I’ve always defended him , but to find a way to squeeze that orange and get a bit more juice out of him can’t be understated I don’t think . 
He had the attacking genius in Taylor , and the premiership winning hard nut in Madge , basically all but ruin his career. 
Sure brooks himself deserves the praise for his resurrection, but I don’t think it’s all him. 
One thing about him is he’s all confidence . He might come across as apathetic in regards to the noise , but I don’t think that’s true at all . 
So if the noise starts at manly , he won’t have anywhere to run , because at least here , whilst the noise was deafening from the outside , inside the club he was never ever treated like that . 
Will manly do that ? Who knows . Doubtful though . They will see the4x700k contract and ask what the hell . 
This is all to say , maybe the halves development thing was true , key word was . But I don’t actually think it’s that true anymore . 
Not only does it appear the halves will be allowed to learn from thier mistakes , but they will be allowed to play . 
And wasn’t it Benji who said Bula has to be bumped up ? He was the one pushing that. 
And I actually agree with him about Joe as well . He’s not a lock . And he barely ever finds his front after contact , also he relies on a Klemmer  type to take the hit up before him , creating the momentum. 

Anyways , I guess I’m still confident we have the kid . From all accounts the whole family want to play together , and don’t want to leave Sydney .

And whilst we do lack on field success in 1st grade , it’s not because we screwed anyone over , outside of poor list management . 
We stayed way too loyal for way too long and sold low on all our players . When we should have sold high . Eg. Talau for The fox . 
Apparently , all inuendo I know , that much like the Utos with Parra and the story about mismanagement of the older

brother , the Fainus feel the same with Manase . Justified? I dunno ? Absolute bullshit rumour ? I dunno . But that’s the word out there . 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Following this club is like self inflicted torture. Surely someday something has to turn things around and lady luck shines on us whether that be with signings and also bounce of the ball and referee decisions on game day 

851, Kenny4517, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

• @jedi-tiger Are you talking of masochism  by any chance Jedi,lol?We all stay perversely invested,and if we’ve all waited this long what’s another year or two of misfortune?😅

ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

No-one can be surprised that Brooks is leaving especially with Sheens/Benji chasing M Moses on huge dollars. Before that they chased or tried getting that pommie halfback - surely Brooks must of thought I’m done here

ReplyQuote
Page 733 / 933
Share: