[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @garry

if we miss fainu and we run out 2024 with wakeham at 7 and Laurie at 6 I will seriously review whether i renew my membership in 2024 

I'll renew but I may not attend the games.

just to hold the seats good thinking 

Pretty much

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Every time you think there’s no way things can look worse and there is light at the end of the tunnel somehow it gets bleaker. I don’t think I can hold out for much longer for the club to turn a corner 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

SMH saying Dolphins are chasing Fainu.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Every time you think there’s no way things can look worse and there is light at the end of the tunnel somehow it gets bleaker. I don’t think I can hold out for much longer for the club to turn a corner 

the light at the end if the tunnel is the train coming the other way driven by Lee and his Co Pilot Pascoe 

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

does manly move Jake Arthur on given they have Cooper johns and Brooks on the books. Potentially they could play Brooks as a 9 I guess. 

could we end up with Jake Arthur at 7 and Fainu at 6 ?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

does manly move Jake Arthur on given they have Cooper johns and Brooks on the books. Potentially they could play Brooks as a 9 I guess. 

Mate I think Wakeham has the 7 locked down. The 6 will be will be either Smith or a pot plant from Bunnings.

ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

@the-last-ronin I’m not sure we are going to be able to turn it around if we can’t get some decent halves. If we can’t, our juniors are our only hope which will mean another 3 or so years of poor results with no guarantee of success on the other side of that. I may be overreacting, but I feel the signing of Fainu is that important. 

851, The Last Ronin, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @helmesy

Around the same time Bateman is adjusting to local time, assistant coach Benji Marshall is expected to meet Latu Fainu, the Sea Eagles youngster earmarked by the Tigers as the man to replace halfback Luke Brooks who has now attracted strong interest from the Dolphins.

There were whispers the Titans were also keen on luring the 18-year-old north, but it appears a race in two between the Tigers and Wayne Bennett’s newcomers.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

if we miss fainu and we run out 2024 with wakeham at 7 and Laurie at 6 I will seriously review whether i renew my membership in 2024 

I'll renew but I may not attend the games.

Holding my seats at LO has been the only reason Ive renewed for a few years now. This might be a bridge too far.

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

We have Soooo much money free we MUST make him an offer he cannot refuse.  This is a massive moment for the club and if we lose him because we want to pay under's, I and others will be pissed. 

851, Joel Helmes, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I'll be putting out information later, but just got confirmation that we will have Luke Brooks as our guest for the ambush event this weekend.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Dolphins already have O’Sullivan, Katoa, Milford and nikorima. Seems odd to put them in the contest for another young half.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Mate I think Wakeham has the 7 locked down. The 6 will be will be either Smith or a pot plant from Bunnings.

lol don't joke Avo if it wasn't likely it would be hilarious, you couldn't make this stuff up could you 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Dolphins already have O’Sullivan, Katoa, Milford and nikorima. Seems odd to put them in the contest for another young half.

fainu would be ahead of Milford and nikorima 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@tiger5150 I said to Garry today that it would be the end of my support too. I really despise Lee and Pascoe.

Ive pushed back on the Pascoe & Lee hate (much like I pushed back on the Brooks hate), pretty much on principle because I think a lot of its unfounded......if we miss out on Fainu, after all the disruption with Fulton and go into 2024 with Wakeham as one of our first choice halves, its over and they have to go.

In the past I could mount an argument that Pascoe is potentially at arms length and setting up systems for success (COE, pathways etc) and it has been the coach/recruitment etc that is the handbrake, well Pascoe and Lee have boldly stamped themselves all over Fultons appointment and to date (not over yet) it has caused nothing but angst and disruption at a time it actually looked like the club was slowly getting its act together. If this is screwed up, there is no going back for the two of them.

851, Mike, Rex2ce and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 731 / 937
Share: