Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lestronge

I’m ok with it as well . We need to turn the page on him , and Nofa as well. In saying that an engaged, intellectually honest nofa can drive culture and lead . He seems to be that type of player , can drive a healthy culture as well as he can ruin it . 
I’ve always had Brooksys back , but bows the time for fresh creativity and a fresh opinion in the gameplay room. 
And not Hastings with  his 4 passes back inside and then give it to Ponga/ brooks/ whoever . 
If we can jag Fainu , then we build around him , Bula, Da Silva(bench) Koroisau for now . 
Get an experienced Half / a dynamic half like a Metcalf and just go from there . 
Hunt/ Fainu halves pairing would be chefs kiss , while we wait for Large

We have quite literally chased quality halves for the best part of 3-4 years now and come up with Adam Doueihi. The list of halves that have rejected us is looooooooooong including reserve graders and yet we are going to pluck from new cloth a halves pairing that will take us to the 8? What are you seeing that is different from the last 4 years that implies we are all of a sudden going to discover a halves combination?

Not only do we have many years of proven failure in signing quality halves, our current plan is to go into the new year with two reserve graders in the halves including one that is possibly the slowest to have ever lacedc a boot.

Im not sure how anyone can be "OK with it". The "anyone but Brooks" faction are about to reap their harvest. Tighten your belts.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Just going over the two (SMH and DT) articles, and it seems there are two separate sets of quotes from Lee. Why is he going on the record at all regarding this? He's the chairman, and by his own word not involved in football decisions. 

This should have been a 'no comment' or just a brief confirmation off the record (attributable to a "Wests Tigers Source" or whatever), but instead we've got Lee getting all verbose again, spilling the beans in great detail, weakening our bargaining position with every other half that we're chasing. 

Really sick of seeing his name in the media week after week. 

Lee should not be commenting on any recruitment matters ever.

Based on the SMH comments from him I expect our idiot club bosses will crawl back with an significantly increased offer to Brooks before the end of next week.

A better use of their time would be to find a half and five eighth for our next game.

FWIW I can see Brooks ending up at Manly because Isaac Moses manages Seibold. When Moses manages a particular coach he gets as many of his players as possible to that club.

If we can get Latu Fainu before june 30 in exchange for Brooks we should consider it.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

don't think Sheens will be coach in 2024 

doesnt seem likely. I just hope to god there is a reason behind this implosion. I get McDonnell missed Moses (and every other half) which may have made his position untenable but sheens could really scorch the earth on his way out.

Three weeks ago, this club was literally on the precipice of a new dawn. This club was starting to do what it was saying, walking its walk. Then Fulton, then Joffa, the Talau/Blore talk, now Brooks. Pointless self destruction. IMO the earth is probably already scorched. Unless the club pulls an absolute rabbit out of a hat now, I actually fear that they have killed it. I dont trust anyone at the club to be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat other than Sheens and it appears he is being neutered.

I actually think all indications point to the death of the club. We will not sign a quality half. The next step will be a few more years at the bottom. Then next step will be the likes of Api, Klem, Bateman (who has form at this) looking for the exits. Roosters sign Bula & Tupou.

Rex2ce, Mike, TigerSteve and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Not only do we have many years of proven failure in signing quality halves, our current plan is to go into the new year with two reserve graders in the halves including one that is possibly the slowest to have ever lacedc a boot.

Im not sure how anyone can be "OK with it". The "anyone but Brooks" faction are about to reap their harvest. Tighten your belts.

I don't think that's true at all. I think its highly likely that we get one or more new halves for 2024 and would say its highly likely that they are managed by Mario Tartak given he's close with Scott Fulton.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @canberratiger

He has rejected the offer, not signed elsewhere yet. Probably just seeing what he is worth to take back to the Tigers.

According to the article he has told us he will not be here next year. That is not rejecting the offer. He has agreed elsewhere.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Look in all honesty… we will need to have a good recruitment guru to do the deals we are going to need.

So if Fulton is that man… then the whole club (Sheens & supporters alike) need to get behind him.

Lets just hope he can make some moves to get a decent halfback for us and go from there 🤷‍♂️

Serious question.....when was the last great signing Manly made? Sea Eagles SG Ball are second last with just 2 wins. Manly are second last in Jersey Flegg, Dead last in Harold Matts. Where is the evidence that Scott Fulton is good at either signing 1st graders or looking after pathways? I'd love it to be true and Im not a fan of McDonnell, but on the face of it I see no evidence. IMO everything that was good at Manly was Hasler.

TigerTownSFS reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mickb

I don't think that's true at all. I think its highly likely that we get one or more new halves for 2024 and would say its highly likely that they are managed by Mario Tartak given he's close with Scott Fulton.

Wish I was as optimistic as you are but based on the last 12 years experience I doubt it.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

It’ll be interesting to see where Luke ends up. As much as it don’t think he’s the answer we’ve come up empty in every attempt to replace him. We started the season with weak halves and unless there’s a miracle signing we are going to be entering 2024 with even less. We have nothing in reserve at the club at the moment so it’ll have to be a big coup. I’m happy to see how it plays out but I’m not optimistic at all. This club has never displayed they have a coherent long term plan. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

doesnt seem likely. I just hope to god there is a reason behind this implosion. I get McDonnell missed Moses (and every other half) which may have made his position untenable but sheens could really scorch the earth on his way out.

Three weeks ago, this club was literally on the precipice of a new dawn. This club was starting to do what it was saying, walking its walk. Then Fulton, then Joffa, the Talau/Blore talk, now Brooks. Pointless self destruction. IMO the earth is probably already scorched. Unless the club pulls an absolute rabbit out of a hat now, I actually fear that they have killed it. I dont trust anyone at the club to be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat other than Sheens and it appears he is being neutered.

I actually think all indications point to the death of the club. We will not sign a quality half. The next step will be a few more years at the bottom. Then next step will be the likes of Api, Klem, Bateman (who has form at this) looking for the exits. Roosters sign Bula & Tupou.

Eventually, with poor management and board, chickens come home to roost and that could be more years of struggle, or worse.

What I don’t understand is how no one seems to be able to sell the fans a real vision or at least keep us somewhat in the loop in regards to why we should stay invested.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @helmesy

Eventually, with poor management and board, chickens come home to roost and that could be more years of struggle, or worse.

What I don’t understand is how no one seems to be able to sell the fans a real vision or at least keep us somewhat in the loop in regards to why we should stay invested.

Ive hung in tough, through thick and thin but if the Club lose Brooks and dont replace him and Wakeham with CLEARLY better options, Im not renewing. Im done.

Rex2ce, 851, Mike and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @helmesy

Ive hung in tough, through thick and thin but if the Club lose Brooks and dont replace him and Wakeham with CLEARLY better options, Im not renewing. Im done.

I don’t think any fair minded person would judge you harshly for that.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@tiger5150 if this does happen I really hope thousands of other members don’t Renew their memberships. It’s as simple as that !!

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@jirskyr because they’re infantile egomaniacs who put their best interests above all else. How many other CEO’s or Chairs do you know? I know none except Politis. Everyone knows ours though, because they are publicity whores.

A few weeks ago everything was looking good. We were heading in the right direction. Then Lee and Pascoe have to sign Fulton without even having the courtesy to let Sheens know. I’m not saying he should have had any authority to say no, but if you want some sort of harmony, you don’t do something that is guaranteed to annoy the head coach. It’s just stupid. If you think they’re doing a good job that’s your right, but we got the spoon last year and we’re last this year too.

as for your last point, I can’t say whether Fulton is good or not because to date he’s done nothing but get rid of players. He’s signed no one.

I understand your general complaint, I was just asking why the Fulton thing was bad. The reports about not informing Sheens - you can't bank that, that's just media scandal-mongering. Of course it's possible they didn't tell Sheens; it's just as possible they did tell him. It's possible they thought Sheens would try and block the move or get more annoyed. I don't know, I generally don't waste time speculating or commenting on hearsay, because it's pointless. If it makes you feel annoyed, ok, but there's no confirmation that any of it is actually true.

I actually know a lot of CEOs and Chairs but I do my research.

I never said I think they are doing a good job, I just asked why the Weedler article rankled with you. Weedler articles especially, I never assume them to be accurate.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

You really believe that, that the team that lost 7 matches in a row, managed to win 3 in 4 weeks was on the precipice of a new dawn?

A good tough win over Penrith, very nearly run down by Dragons in the last minute, didn't post a single point against Souths then flogged a hapless Cowboys. That team was entering a new dawn? Because Joffa was on his way out before the Cowboys game and Fulton was already working for several weeks prior to that; Blore hadn't played since the Parramatta game Rd 6.

I've seen this movie before, the one where Tigers lose a bunch in a row, then find form for a month - it's called "Every Wests Tigers Season Ever".

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

I find it highly ironic that Brooks has been a whipping boy for years and years, and now that the is reported to have told the club he's leaving, some folks think this is the moment the club implodes.

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 689 / 1067
Share: