Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I just don't have a good feeling about Schuster... and distinctly bad feeling about the possibility of him playing here.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

players that I think have improved under Sheens: Toa, Stephano, twal, perhaps even Brooks.

young players that are developing/cementing themselves into the top 17: tupou, Bula, pole.

I know this is rose coloured analysis post a famous victory but the “sheens plan” was to sort the wheat from the chaff, to bring players through from our lower grades and to change the way we are playing and develop a “Tigers style”. I think we are actually doing pretty good with regard to what we have set out to achieve and Sheens may just pull this off.

Agree with that mate. And I would add Kepoa as improved. AJ came back from an off-season not only bigger and stronger but also more comfortable and confident.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@barra yeah I forgot about AJ. He has become a genuine first grader under sheens.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

with Scott Fulton coming here maybe he will be in Schuster ear agitating for a for a swap with talau 

Schuster is a hard no IMO

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

maybe it might end up

Talau to Manly

Flannagan to Manly

Schuster to Tigers 

not that I think he is the 6 we need but benji seems to rate him

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

I’m not to excited about this Scott Fulton rumour I think his recruitment at Manly is pretty poor to be honest.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @kenny4517

Danny Wiedler just tweeted that Scott Fulton will be leaving Manly as recruitment head to be Tigers new recruitment head.

Does that mean McDonnell has been punted? if so, I'm fine with it. But I seriously doubt Teflon Tim would dispense with is besty. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Flannagan to Manly

I hope Flanagan to coach Manly as well. They deserve each other. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@mercy-rule SMH reckons McDonnell will be doing the pathways and Fulton the NRL side.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Manly bracing for Tigers player raid as Fulton leaves Sea Eagles nest

Manly are bracing for the Wests Tigers to launch a raid on some of their biggest names after long-time recruitment manager Scott Fulton signed a deal to join Wests Tigers immediately.

Fulton, the son of Manly legend and NRL immortal Bob Fulton, has been head-hunted by the Tigers after his role at the Sea Eagles was diluted over the summer.

Fulton, whose sister Kristie Fulton was moved on from her administration role at the club last year, once called the shots when it came to recruitment and retention at Manly but the club has moved to a different model under new chief executive Tony Mestrov.

While Manly didn’t stand in Fulton’s way, the move could come back to bite the Sea Eagles. The Wests Tigers have already begun asking questions about the future of five-eighth Josh Schuster, who was involved in an altercation with NSW Cup player Dean Matterson — the younger brother of Eels forward Ryan Matterson — at training last week.

Schuster is contracted until the end of 2024 but question marks over his future surfaced last week following comments from skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

“I have been playing long enough to see so many people at this club not maximise their opportunity,” Cherry-Evans said.

That is rugby league mate – if you’re not willing to work hard enough, if you’re not willing to sacrifice, you just don’t last long. He is at a crossroads early in his career but it can be a real positive.

“This doesn’t have to be a negative for him – spending some time away to get his body right, this could be a defining moment where he takes off to that level we all know he can.”

Making matters difficult for Manly is the fact they’ve gone to war in recent months with leading player agent Mario Tartak, who is extremely close to Fulton.

Manly locked horns with Tartak over the future of rising star Viliami Fifita and were in a tug-of-war for his services with St George Illawarra before they eventually released him to the Dragons.

Tartak and Fulton worked together on luring a number of players to the Sea Eagles, particularly those from western Sydney.

They include Schuster, Jason Saab and Haumole Olakau’atu. Like Fulton, Tartak’s stranglehold on the club has been diminished under the Mestrov regime.

Talk of Fulton’s potential departure has been doing the rounds for a couple of months and he has now signed a deal to oversee recruitment and retention at the Wests Tigers alongside Warren McDonnell.

McDonnell, who was brought back to the club by close friend Tim Sheens last year despite being moved on by chief executive Justin Pascoe on two separate occasions, will focus on the pathways at the Wests Tigers, with Fulton to look after NRL.

851 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://www.crownsports.com.au

tartak manages Sullivan from Dragons and schuster. Also Fainu in our system so presumably has links to their gun kid 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I think Fulton is a really good appointment but I don’t think Schuster would be a good signing. He’s incredibly talented but he’s not a 5/8 and our second row is great as it is. Also seems to be a lot of red flags.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs do we still have the older Fainu the prop ?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

@jedi-tiger we have Sione Fainu playing in KOE

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs who is the good young one at Manly? how long do they have hom locked up for did they re-sign him recently

ReplyQuote
Page 609 / 940
Share: