Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

the club won't be sacking Sheens and nor should they,  if they punt Sheens and let Marshall go then what does that say about our club and any prospective coaches ? nobody is safe and look what they do to legends of the club like Sheens and Marshall. Simply will not happen. 

We need to wait for our juniors to come through and hope we hold on to a few of them and build a team around them. This is not a quick fix unfortunately dare I say it at least 3 to 5 years to get this right

I totally disagree. You may well see Sheens and Marshall as "legends" but I disagree. Sure, they had their time but that was a loooooong time ago. Since then,  both of them have been offered, and accepted, roles for which one of them (Sheens) is a relic of a by-gone era and the other one (Marshall) is totally untried.

If WT were an accountable public entity (which it isn't, it just relies on conflicted sponsorship from the Chair and goodwill from mug members and fans) it would be ripe for investigation for governance issues by ASIC.

I don't buy that convenient BS about a 3-5 year plan at all. There is no plan other than to bolster the retirement savings of Teflon Tim and his hapless sidekicks in Marshall/McDonnell/Lambert et al. All encouraged and supported by Chair, CEO and Board. It is amateur hour, cringeworthy rubbish.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

If sheens and Benji were to be sacked then the positions of the entire board and CEO would be untenable given they fully endorsed man’s embraced the 5 year coaching plan. Given there is no mechanism to sack the board there is zero chance the coaching plan will change. The board will just point to things to show we are headed in the right direction (tackles in opposition 20, yardage etc) and will give sheens and co until they have had a season with their selected halves recruits. If it all goes pear shaped Benji might get sacked at the end of 2025 but I cannot see a scenario where it happens before then unless the club is sold (which it won’t)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs  Summarise exactly what you want.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

If sheens and Benji were to be sacked then the positions of the entire board and CEO would be untenable given they fully endorsed man’s embraced the 5 year coaching plan. Given there is no mechanism to sack the board there is zero chance the coaching plan will change. The board will just point to things to show we are headed in the right direction (tackles in opposition 20, yardage etc) and will give sheens and co until they have had a season with their selected halves recruits. If it all goes pear shaped Benji might get sacked at the end of 2025 but I cannot see a scenario where it happens before then unless the club is sold (which it won’t)

OK, so you're saying those of us stupid enough to pay for WT memberships, expecting a competitive NRL side now shouldn't bother? 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’m just saying having watched this owner/board/executive closely over the past several years they are not going to change course and they have a high threshold for failure. It is what is, enjoy the ride

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@mercy-rule probably not competitive until 2025 at least

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @canberratiger

I'm hoping that the end of this year will see a focus on the backline in the same way the forward pack was overhauled last off season.

Sad that there aren't 2 decent half options available. I think we are going to/already have re-signed Brooks. 

I'm starting to see some positives in the backline, Bula and Tupou look great to me. Asu is improving and I like Naden as a centre, Toa is hit and miss but is a good backup in my opinion. Issue is there are massive problems in the halves.

Agreed, literally two halves away from top 8 IMO.

This may be true but in reality we may as well be full team away.

We have no halves for this year or next and the standard of players we are being linked with only emphasises how few are available.

That and the fact there are serious doubts about the current coaching team and there ability to attract top tier talent to the club make it a pretty bleak picture for when Benji is scheduled to take over as head coach.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@mercy-rule probably not competitive until 2025 at least

If we had two half decent halves we’d be top 8 now.

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@avocadoontoast if we had one decent half we’d probably be there.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I dont disagree with anything you've said, but I dont see a scenario where the club survives another 3-5 years of this. Something has to give.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tiger5150 the clubs not going to survive long term as it is. Walk around any school yard and no one supports the Tigers. They have been terrible for so long. Those early years are where people become attached to clubs and support them long term. We don’t have a generation of supporters coming through.

Mike and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Can I ask those of you who have played footy at a reasonable high standard, how much of the media noise about the failings of the club's board, administration, media etc had an effect on your performance?

The believe the most important aspect of playing football centres around what happens at training and the game itself.

I agree that recruiting blunders has a negative influence on the team but generally it's what I've said. Players need to distance themselves from social media and what's shoved in their faces every day.

I think the time away bonding during the bye round worked a treat because there was a more positive vibe at the game. When they came back and took the lead showed that they can do it.

As a supporter I'm taking my own advice by tuning out all the noise and so far it's working. I'm enjoying the footy. I'm watching more of other teams playing and I'm playing fantasy coach again.

I'm not getting all worked up during the week for one game. Enjoy the footy, if you're not, maybe lawn bowls is an option. 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I dont see a scenario where the club survives another 3-5 years of this. Something has to give.

We will survive because we will get better.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@tiger5150 the clubs going to survive long term as it is. Walk around any school yard and no one supports the Tigers. They have been terrible for so long. Those early years are where people become attached to clubs and support them long term. We don’t have a generation of supporters coming through.

I agree, I actually think we may be past the point of no return. IMO this club needs a fast turnaround to survive and I dont see where it is coming from.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@tiger5150 the clubs going to survive long term as it is. Walk around any school yard and no one supports the Tigers. They have been terrible for so long. Those early years are where people become attached to clubs and support them long term. We don’t have a generation of supporters coming through.

I agree, I actually think we may be past the point of no return. IMO this club needs a fast turnaround to survive and I dont see where it is coming from.

You guys are right. It will get to the point where we have no new fans, no decent juniors (they’ll go elsewhere) and no ability to attract players. And for people saying we’re in a good financial position, that can change awfully quick if people aren’t renewing memberships, buying merchandise or attending games.

Mike, 851, Mercy Rule and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 593 / 1067
Share: