Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

the club won't be sacking Sheens and nor should they,  if they punt Sheens and let Marshall go then what does that say about our club and any prospective coaches ? nobody is safe and look what they do to legends of the club like Sheens and Marshall. Simply will not happen. 

We need to wait for our juniors to come through and hope we hold on to a few of them and build a team around them. This is not a quick fix unfortunately dare I say it at least 3 to 5 years to get this right

it’s a results driven business and he’s not getting results. With this squad he should not be at zero wins. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast the wins will come in 2023 we are not too far off a win or two.

I think you still have to give him the year at least and then if you were to move Sheens perhaps it is to GM of football and not coach. As for Marshall if you tapped hom on the shoulder the media would crucify us, we are stuck with benji, perhaps 2024 they might consider benji taking over a year early who knows.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Ah come on everyone, it's not the end of the world. The game against the Eagles was great to watch if you compare it to last years thrashings. We are developing and blind charlie can see that. You are all acting like football is the centre of the universe. Chill out.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

the club won't be sacking Sheens and nor should they,  if they punt Sheens and let Marshall go then what does that say about our club and any prospective coaches ? nobody is safe and look what they do to legends of the club like Sheens and Marshall. Simply will not happen. 

We need to wait for our juniors to come through and hope we hold on to a few of them and build a team around them. This is not a quick fix unfortunately dare I say it at least 3 to 5 years to get this right

Not sure this club will survive 5 years of this

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think you still have to give him the year at least

True mate. Sheens has just started this job really and foremost his job is to mould the side into a better one which takes time. He said last year that the club is building for 24 and beyond. Success isn't going to happen overnight.

The Manly game for me was a positive one. Whilst a win would've been great I'm more concerned on the direction we're heading and I believe it's forward. 

Yes our halves are an issue but building a great forward pack was priority. Yes they have problems but I'm going to back them in getting out us out of this mess....what choice do I have. Quitting is not an option.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'm hoping that the end of this year will see a focus on the backline in the same way the forward pack was overhauled last off season.

Sad that there aren't 2 decent half options available. I think we are going to/already have re-signed Brooks. 

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Not sure this club will survive 5 years of this

Of course it will mate, what's the hurry 🤣

We supporters must be like the ad for Dulux Paint "keep on keeping on" 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @canberratiger

I'm hoping that the end of this year will see a focus on the backline in the same way the forward pack was overhauled last off season.

Sad that there aren't 2 decent half options available. I think we are going to/already have re-signed Brooks. 

I'm starting to see some positives in the backline, Bula and Tupou look great to me. Asu is improving and I like Naden as a centre, Toa is hit and miss but is a good backup in my opinion. Issue is there are massive problems in the halves.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851, Tiger_Alex, CanberraTiger and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If we continue on our current trajectory there won’t be a single decent junior left at the club.

Theyll all jump ship to the first serious club who come in for them and why wouldn’t they.

This shambles will need to be addressed now.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think that's a given brother. We don't need a complete overhaul of our backs like the forwards did. With Bula and Tupou seemingly stars of the future we need to resign Junior then add to the list, obviously a ½. I'm seeing improvements in the other backs so as I said I don't think its an overhaul but more of stability, combinations and geling on and off the field.

We want players to be passionate and support each other. I'm pleased to see little Wakeham stand up to a bigger man and Klem too standing up for him teammates.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

If we continue on our current trajectory there won’t be a single decent junior left at the club.

We just signed Bula and secured a fair few more. Instilling believe into the lads that this current crop (plus fixing up the glaring issues) can get the job done is paramount.

I'm hearing that there is belief growing in the camp. I'll hold onto that and stand beside them.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

I'm starting to see some positives in the backline, Bula and Tupou look great to me. Asu is improving and I like Naden as a centre, Toa is hit and miss but is a good backup in my opinion. Issue is there are massive problems in the halves.

Agreed, literally two halves away from top 8 IMO.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @tiger5150

Its getting really hard and painful following this club. I really need a ray of light, a little hope.....something to look forward to.

That "ray of light" you refer to would, IMO, be the removal of Tim Sheens from any coaching role effective immediately.

Contrast the results, so far, of the two 70+ yo coaches in 2023. Bennett's thrown together mob of discards set a record to turn around their 26-0 deficit to win 28-26 and baffle all of the pundits by their successes so far. Meanwhile, our very own Teflon Tim has led the Tigers to an achievement that has not been matched since 2008 - seven straight losses. Oh, and the laughing stock of the NRL. 

It's the coach's job to improve and inspire and lead players to adapt and respond within the challenges of a game. Bennett, has that skill in bucket loads. Sheens doesn't, and hasn't had for more than 15 years. He's the source of the angst we find ourselves in right now. He needs to be removed.

We’re in a quagmire. Who do you go with instead? Throw Benji in to sink or swim or Furner as an interim? 

Removing Sheens would be drastic. If we get 4 or 5 more losses in a row then we'd be a chance of that happening.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry it could be worse mate you could yet have a halves pairing in 2024 of 7. K Flannagan 6. L Brooks lol

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 it will turn mate, we are not getting hammered each week apart from the Brisbane game. Last year and the year before we were getting 60 put on us by Melbourne and bulldogs. 

Our luck and bounce of the ball will turn we will win soe  games this year. Unfortunately pretty confident it will  not be against penrith however 

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 592 / 940
Share: