Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If Manly want Talau early we should see if Kaeo Weekes is available. He looks like he has ability.

Ethan Bullemor will be a great addition aswell.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

can't see Brooks going to Canberra tbh, had a chat with friends pretty close to family and they call bs on raiders move. Gut feel from friends close to family is he has already re-signed but no evidence of that though 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

can't see Brooks going to Canberra tbh, had a chat with friends pretty close to family and they call bs on raiders move. Gut feel from friends close to family is he has already re-signed but no evidence of that though 

I too think Brooks has already signed because there is no chatter about it in the media. If he wasn’t signed his manager would be leaking stuff to the media to bump up his price or putting some negative spin against the Tigers

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I should add that, Brooks signing on again with us is pure madness for both parties. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

He was probably re-signed last year but they’ve been waiting for a win to announce it.

851, CanberraTiger, Skippa13 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

I’m reasonably confident that Brooks has signed. Sheens kept all talking about we will know more after round 6 about where Brooks stood. I think they were planning to announce in the bye week but have held off because we haven’t won a game. 

851 and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

He was probably re-signed last year but they’ve been waiting for a win to announce it.

Could be awhile then.

hsvjones, 851, Kenny4517 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@mike the re-signing for 2024 is expected to be announced in mid 2025.

hsvjones, Tiger5150, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @crowsnest

Posted by: @garry

It has been mentioned on a couple of social media groups today.

thanks garry and @wombat

It would be a dream come true to swap Wighton with Brooks, wow. Or as wombat said, just Brooks if we have a suitable replacement though.

Still think it's player managers dropping chinese whispers on a Friday night 🤣

Brooks out of the club would be an upgrade, and give us a better chance of winning games

Crowsnest and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I should add that, Brooks signing on again with us is pure madness for both parties. 

If Sheens has any brain cells left in that senile old head, he surely can see Brooks is never going to make it as a half in the NRL, I mean we are 10 seasons deep without any success.

Crowsnest and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Its getting really hard and painful following this club. I really need a ray of light, a little hope.....something to look forward to.

851, Tiger_Alex and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Its getting really hard and painful following this club. I really need a ray of light, a little hope.....something to look forward to.

That "ray of light" you refer to would, IMO, be the removal of Tim Sheens from any coaching role effective immediately.

Contrast the results, so far, of the two 70+ yo coaches in 2023. Bennett's thrown together mob of discards set a record to turn around their 26-0 deficit to win 28-26 and baffle all of the pundits by their successes so far. Meanwhile, our very own Teflon Tim has led the Tigers to an achievement that has not been matched since 2008 - seven straight losses. Oh, and the laughing stock of the NRL. 

It's the coach's job to improve and inspire and lead players to adapt and respond within the challenges of a game. Bennett, has that skill in bucket loads. Sheens doesn't, and hasn't had for more than 15 years. He's the source of the angst we find ourselves in right now. He needs to be removed.

851, Tiger5150, Dirty Reds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mercy-rule

That "ray of light" you refer to would, IMO, be the removal of Tim Sheens from any coaching role effective immediately.

Contrast the results, so far, of the two 70+ yo coaches in 2023. Bennett's thrown together mob of discards set a record to turn around their 26-0 deficit to win 28-26 and baffle all of the pundits by their successes so far. Meanwhile, our very own Teflon Tim has led the Tigers to an achievement that has not been matched since 2008 - seven straight losses. Oh, and the laughing stock of the NRL. 

It's the coach's job to improve and inspire and lead players to adapt and respond within the challenges of a game. Bennett, has that skill in bucket loads. Sheens doesn't, and hasn't had for more than 15 years. He's the source of the angst we find ourselves in right now. He needs to be removed.

We’re in a quagmire. Who do you go with instead? Throw Benji in to sink or swim or Furner as an interim? 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@helmesy you abandon the plan in its entirety. Benji wouldn’t have learned anything worth remembering under Sheens. Flanagan and Hasler are both available, or go for a pommie coach. 

The way to do it would be for the board to sack Pascoe, then the new CEO decides on a new approach. I think both Sheens and Pascoe going would be well received by the vast majority of fans.

851, Mercy Rule, Kenny4517 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I’m giving thought to taking the rest of the season off. Watching them brings me zero enjoyment. Enjoying watching baseball heaps more.

851, Kenny4517, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 590 / 1067
Share: