Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jirskyr

If you have never heard of Puig Aubert, the French player, you should read up on him. They reckon he might have been one of the best players of his era, little fat guy who I believe had a Maradonna-esque lifestyle of enjoying a drink, a smoke and rarely training. 

Sounds like my type of player.

I still play Oztag, we were playing against a bunch of 20 year olds recently and they were giving us a bit of a touch up and got a bit lippy. I told them that they had nothing to be happy about as they must really stink as I am a fat, unfit 45 year old and I had scored 2 tries against them. 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

With RTS return to Warriors nearing a done deal, how does that work with inform Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad playing at fullback? 🤔

RTS is still only 29 and would have been the type of player that we need.... experience at the back.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @crowsnest

With RTS return to Warriors nearing a done deal, how does that work with inform Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad playing at fullback? 🤔

RTS is still only 29 and would have been the type of player that we need.... experience at the back.

I don't mind CNK as a player, but I don't think he would offer any more then what Staines would.

851 and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

I don't mind CNK as a player, but I don't think he would offer any more then what Staines would.

Very similar players, though CNK is better.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Wow RTS is only 29?! Feel like he's been around forever

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Used to enjoy the yearly stories about Craigie 'training the house down' over the summer, and coming into the season 'in the best shape of his career'. Like clockwork. 

Of course, nothing ever changed. 

I always like watching a fat guy with skill. Probably not allowed to say that anymore but oh well.

If you have never heard of Puig Aubert, the French player, you should read up on him. They reckon he might have been one of the best players of his era, little fat guy who I believe had a Maradonna-esque lifestyle of enjoying a drink, a smoke and rarely training. 

Percy Knight another

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Very similar players, though CNK is better.

I think Staines would end up better though if given a run at fullback. So I'd just extend Staines for  cheaper than it would take to get CNK. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I dont see the RTS issue opening any doors for us. if the Wighton to Souffs has any legs, I think that would be very interesting for us wrt Hawkins & Taafe.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I think Staines would end up better though if given a run at fullback. So I'd just extend Staines for  cheaper than it would take to get CNK. 

I like a fullback that can pass, so I don't see Staines as a long temr fullback unless he can greatly improve in that area.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don't mind CNK as a player, but I don't think he would offer any more then what Staines would

I respectfully disagree, CNK is a big body and still has pace. Both RTS and CNK would be a huge upgrade to what we have. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

DT reporting Talau has signed with Manly, 2 year deal starting 2024. Hope he doesn’t play this weekend.

Eastiemagpie and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Of all the players I've never seen play live,  he's on the top of list! Smoking on the field and not tackling players to show up his teammates! But apparently brilliant and a great kicker from fullback.

His nickname was “Pipette”, in reference to his smoking habits, which at several stages saw him smoking on the field. Quite famously in a game against Wigan, he actually caught the ball whilst holding a cigarette in his other hand.

While he often had unusual habits for a sportsman, there was no denying his talent, he was a master at kicking in play and in overall attack he was both unorthodox and unpredictable.

Aside from his playing skill, he developed a reputation based on his somewhat eccentric attitude or charismatic manner. He was known to not tackle a player if he believed it would demonstrate the fault of his team-mates for not previously making the tackle, a cause of some controversy.

Quoted from.League Freak

Top 8 2023

851 and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I like a fullback that can pass, so I don't see Staines as a long temr fullback unless he can greatly improve in that area.

I like a fullback who has the pace to push into a gap and has great hands......kinda like the bloke at 2:25 in this video.

Heres hoping in a few weeks we have stopped the Laurie/Staines/? debate.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/02/09/match-highlights-warriors-v-wests-tigers/

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

But CNK isn't a passer. Staines can actually pass, he has ball played well in State Cup in the past. I think his passing game would improve significantly.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

DT reporting Talau has signed with Manly, 2 year deal starting 2024.

Yeh this is giving me the heebie jeebies. All that rehab and paying him good dollars to to drink Gatorade.

He finally gets back to playing footy and now they say he's going. What did we get out of it.

If he plays again this year he better put in and not deny a young gun from playing.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 587 / 1067
Share: