Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@tiger5150 we’re not a better team with Brooks in it. I think we’re better with any other half. I’m not saying he doesn’t have ability, but his relationship with the Tigers is toxic and irreparable imo. For whatever reason he makes those around him worse and he just ends up messing everything up. It’s like trying to play monopoly with a toddler.

it would also be incredibly stupid for him to re-sign with us considering we’ve completely ruined his career. He needs a fresh start as much as we do. Keeping him here is bordering on cruel (for all parties).

I agree with most of your points but we are not a better team with Wakeham and ? either, probably worse.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@tiger5150 imo the best our attack has looked all year was the 2nd trial with Wakeham and AD. I would rather Wakeham to Brooks. Not saying Wakeham is a better player but he’s better for us.

Forever 9th, LoganR21, 851 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thephilosopher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Brooks isn't the issue in my opinion. He's not been good for us, but is that his fault, or the clubs? 

He's a 5/8 who we've always played as a halfback. And then we whinge when it fails.

Honestly, I could take him or leave him, but he has never been the problem in my opinion (the problem is, he's never been the solution either) 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@tiger5150 imo the best our attack has looked all year was the 2nd trial with Wakeham and AD. I would rather Wakeham to Brooks. Not saying Wakeham is a better player but he’s better for us.

Not sure I agree with you, it was a trial, the whole team looked good, but a struck match in it IMO, hardly a strong endorsement either way.

Point being, AD wont be there, assume brooks wont either. Who is Wakehams partner? Depressing to think about.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Cooper johns swap for talau ?

pretty confident Brooks will be re-signed

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

No thanks to Cooper Johns

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 it's a very tigers thing to do.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

He won’t be.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

He won’t be.

it feels like the two of you are both trying to wish it into existence.

851, Doug Heffernan and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

When AD was injured, did Simpkin come on to play in the halves? I recall seeing him and api on the field at the same time. Not suggesting he is the answer, just curious what the back up plan was.

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Getting rid of our plodders has been the best part of the sheens/Benji partnership so far. It’s the recruiting bit that needs more work, that said they haven’t (yet) panicked into recruiting other plodders. Harper is firmly in the plodder camp.

Who are the plodders, as you call them, that Sheens/Marshall have punted? 

liddle, musgrove, Peachey. Didn’t re-sign tamou. Would even put madden and Ken in there. Letting Hastings go has been the major (catastrophic) roster management error

I completely disagree with you labelling Liddle as a plodder - I think he's a fine player with footy smarts. And, as it stands right now, their new teams will all finish ahead of the Tigers in 2023. So, they're the winners in that respect.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @skippa13

When AD was injured, did Simpkin come on to play in the halves? I recall seeing him and api on the field at the same time. Not suggesting he is the answer, just curious what the back up plan was.

I didn't see him do much work in the halves - but he trained all preseason at 7 - as Brooks didn't train preseason due to injury.

Top 8 2023

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@mercy-rule I haven't watched much of the Dragons this year so he might have changed, but the issue with Liddle was his poor service.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-transfer-centre-william-kennedy-signs-extension-cronulla-sharks-contracts-player-movement/news-story/b0b7d4877b68d71d9cb1fe7b2d42d301

Kennedy was someone I thought we may have had a chance of signing. Rumour was that RTS was going to end up at the Sharks under Fitzgibbon which was to push out Kennedy. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mercy-rule

And, as it stands right now, their new teams will all finish ahead of the Tigers in 2023. So, they're the winners in that respect.

I wouldn’t say they are winnings. Dragons are not much ahead of us, peachey hasn’t played a game at Penrith, Tamou has played 2 off the bench. It’s not like these players are going to other teams and becoming great players. They are all in the same position or worse than when they were here. Fringe first graders. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 567 / 981
Share: