Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

It's looking more and more likely a high quality experienced 7 won't be possible for 2023 or 2024. I think going down the junior route is fine but I think we need to find both a 6 and 7 who will compliment each other. Brooks won't be re-signed.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Brooks won't be re-signed.

I think he will be. Our halves stocks are on back order. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mike

I refuse to believe it will happen. if it does happen the club should be immediately shut down and the coaching staff and executive team should be arrested.

851, Kenny4517 and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I refuse to believe it will happen. if it does happen the club should be immediately shut down and the coaching staff and executive team should be arrested.

this made me laugh 😂 I agree though they should be arrested it’s absolutely ridiculous to even consider keeping Brooks .

851 and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The decision to re-sign Brooks, if it eventuates, is a smarter one than the decision of employing Sheens and his lackeys to be overseers of the future of the WT NRL club. That is a criminal decision that led the club to its first ever wooden spoon in 2022 and a 0-6 start to 2023. The only thing we will, perhaps, both agree upon is that it is yet more evidence of the leadership wasteland provided by our current Chair, CEO and Board. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Getting rid of our plodders has been the best part of the sheens/Benji partnership so far. It’s the recruiting bit that needs more work, that said they haven’t (yet) panicked into recruiting other plodders. Harper is firmly in the plodder camp.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I feel we just need to keep upgrading positions when they become avail. In other words if a gun ⅝ is it, then so be it because that would attract a better half and vice-versa. The same applies to a top fullback.

I don't think we are in a position to prioritise nor should we accept average players just because they're available.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I know I shouldn't but I laughed out loud too when I read this. 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Getting rid of our plodders has been the best part of the sheens/Benji partnership so far. It’s the recruiting bit that needs more work, that said they haven’t (yet) panicked into recruiting other plodders. Harper is firmly in the plodder camp.

Who are the plodders, as you call them, that Sheens/Marshall have punted? 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I would be open to going hard for Luai 

He got Samoa to the GF with no recognised 7.

Your think he'd be attracted to play under Benji.

He's a competitor- we need to get a critical mass of competitors - or squad is way too passive.

Top 8 2023

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Who are the plodders, as you call them, that Sheens/Marshall have punted? 

liddle, musgrove, Peachey. Didn’t re-sign tamou. Would even put madden and Ken in there. Letting Hastings go has been the major (catastrophic) roster management error

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @frullens

I would be open to going hard for Luai 

He got Samoa to the GF with no recognised 7.

Your think he'd be attracted to play under Benji.

He's a competitor- we need to get a critical mass of competitors - or squad is way too passive.

I just can't imagine Luai being a good signing. I certainly agree we need competitors, in fact I truly believe we should be recruiting on personality, with competitiveness the main trait. But not Luai. 

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @salty

Posted by: @tiger5150

DT reporting Sea Eagles on the verge of signing Tommy Talau, trying to get him immediately.

Latu fainu anyone?

I've never seen him play, but he was touted as a gun junior half. Do you know how he's going?

Not at all, but scratching for who we could reasonably chase from Manly if the TT rumour is true. Fainu is still young enough to play SG Ball so too young IMO. Put it this way, Manly are playing Cooper Johns in the halves before him.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I think if we havent  signed a decent half by June, I think Brooks will be signed and even though I dont want him in our team next year, we cant run the risk of going into 2024 with Wakeham our only half.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tiger5150 we’re not a better team with Brooks in it. I think we’re better with any other half. I’m not saying he doesn’t have ability, but his relationship with the Tigers is toxic and irreparable imo. For whatever reason he makes those around him worse and he just ends up messing everything up. It’s like trying to play monopoly with a toddler.

it would also be incredibly stupid for him to re-sign with us considering we’ve completely ruined his career. He needs a fresh start as much as we do. Keeping him here is bordering on cruel (for all parties).

851, Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 566 / 941
Share: