Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@tiger5150 I'd be very happy to pay Hunt big overs, for us he'd be worth every penny. I would just be very surprised if he'd be tempted, even at big overs.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Missing Moses and now williams after letting go Hastings and with brooks stinking it up at 7 is just diabolical roster management by sheens and Benji. Above all we need a halves combination that forces brooks into the support role. Any kid we try and bring through, brooks is going to be asked to lead and that is where he/we fail. 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@tiger5150 I'd be very happy to pay Hunt big overs, for us he'd be worth every penny. I would just be very surprised if he'd be tempted, even at big overs.

running a hunt/up and coming 7 (sanders? At parra?) is probably the dream scenario now. Pay overs to bring in hunt and achieve some success whilst recruiting a top tier next gen talent with a clear progression to first grade). More likely we are just stuck trying to develop a young 7 in first grade. If we go young 7 then we need to lose brooks and invest in a mature 6 like wighton to take the heat off the 7.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

With this season already in the bin before Easter, the risk is that next season will follow if we don't pull off some sort of recruitment miracle soon.

Just a reminder that we have one half contracted for next season who is just about to go under the knife for ACL surgery and won't be back till the back end of 2024 if at all.

The decision to release Hastings with no plan B in place if we missed out on Moses was not only catastrophic, it is potentially fatal for Sheen's chances of being successful in his second spell at the club.

It calls into serious question his judgment in recruitment matters particularly pertaining to halves recruitment and unless he can pull something out of a hat soon I can't see him lasting the full two years.

Where that leaves Benji in 2025 is anyone's guess but the thought of a rookie coach inheriting the current shambles is terrifying. 

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Zero Tackle has an article about top 10 realistic options to replace Luke Brooks in 2024.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @kenny4517

Zero Tackle has an article about top 10 realistic options to replace Luke Brooks in 2024.

I stopped reading when I got to 8 and it was Tui Lolohea.

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

DT reporting Sea Eagles on the verge of signing Tommy Talau, trying to get him immediately.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

DT reporting Sea Eagles on the verge of signing Tommy Talau, trying to get him immediately.

why? 

I guess Benji isn’t offering him a contract. A shame we didn’t want to give him to Melbourne for JAC

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by TigerTownSFS

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

why? 

I guess Benji isn’t offering him a contract. A shame we didn’t want to give him the Melbourne for JAC

im getting the feeling Benji and sheens have absolutely no idea what they’re doing.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The Storm were willing to release Addo-Carr but wanted a player to replace him in exchange, with the Tigers knocking back Melbourne's requests for David Nofoaluma and Tommy Talau.

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-addo-carr-set-to-remain-at-melbourne-storm-in-2021-20201112-p56e4q.html

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

You

Posted by: @kenny4517

I stopped reading when I got to 8 and it was Tui Lolohea.

Its a very sad list to be honest. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

why? 

I guess Benji isn’t offering him a contract. A shame we didn’t want to give him the Melbourne for JAC

im getting the feeling Benji and sheens have absolutely no idea what they’re doing.

im fine with talau moving on. It’s the lack of replacements that is scaring the life out of me. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

This is starting to feel like last year where we were moving everybody on and loaning them out with no one to replace them. 

Sheens has said there are players in the group who will play after round 10 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

why? 

im fine with talau moving on. It’s the lack of replacements that is scaring the life out of me. 

Same, but I have a little hope Sheens will work something out.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tigertownsfs I am too. But he was starting centre coming into the season and talked up by sheens in the off-season. Now he’s seemingly gone. I don’t think they know who is good and who isn’t.

851, Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 564 / 941
Share: