Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @russtutty63

Just thinking about it I reckon Adam Doueihi would do okay over there too, the game there might be more suitable to him. A couple of years there and then decide whether or not he wants another crack in the NRL. Doubt it’ll happen given the money he can make here compared to there but for a couple of seasons it wouldn’t hurt. Would obviously depend upon how he goes this season more than next.

A the moment his value may be on par in both leagues. I can’t see anyone throwing a big money contract his way 

No doubt money is a consideration but if you’re a professional sportsperson in your 20s and the opportunity presented itself to do some travelling around Europe and get paid decent coin it’d be something to think about. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in my 60 years it’s to make your life an adventure and playing sport and seeing other parts of the world would be a dream to many people. Knowing what I know now I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Joel Helmes and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast don't think it will happen but wait and see I guess 

Mole also reporting Pascoe gone 

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

@mike If you were really keen you would drive him all the way

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Just thinking about it I reckon Adam Doueihi would do okay over there too, the game there might be more suitable to him. A couple of years there and then decide whether or not he wants another crack in the NRL. Doubt it’ll happen given the money he can make here compared to there but for a couple of seasons it wouldn’t hurt. Would obviously depend upon how he goes this season more than next.

A the moment his value may be on par in both leagues. I can’t see anyone throwing a big money contract his way 

No doubt money is a consideration but if you’re a professional sportsperson in your 20s and the opportunity presented itself to do some travelling around Europe and get paid decent coin it’d be something to think about. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in my 60 years it’s to make your life an adventure and playing sport and seeing other parts of the world would be a dream to many people. Knowing what I know now I’d do it in a heartbeat.

I agree. I had the opportunity to work in Ireland for a year when I was mid 20s and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. So much opportunity to see Europe and soak in a different culture. 

Russtutty63 and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast don't think it will happen but wait and see I guess 

Mole also reporting Pascoe gone 

Mole hasn't mentioned Pascoe. Said someone "at the top". Could be Lee. Or both.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @yanni

@mike If you were really keen you would drive him all the way

I was going to suggest that but thought it was a little ambitious. 

Yanni reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@avocadoontoast Lee , needs to just be a sponsor . It’s a huge conflict with self promotion and the wests tigers desire to keep things low key . 
Pascoe … I dunno . Whilst the footy team sucks , we still need this COE , and Cambo upgrades , and say what you will but the guy is a gun at getting politicians to do things for us . 
That’s a real double edged sword that one .

Mike, Russtutty63, Westy81 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

@avocadoontoast Lee , needs to just be a sponsor . It’s a huge conflict with self promotion and the wests tigers desire to keep things low key . 
Pascoe … I dunno . Whilst the footy team sucks , we still need this COE , and Cambo upgrades , and say what you will but the guy is a gun at getting politicians to do things for us . 

He's been here for 8 years, is onto his 5th coach and the team hasn't made finals. Has also been de-registered. If the off field stuff is making zero difference to on field success then it doesn't really matter all that much.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If the Mole is reporting it then it means Sheens asked him to. Good chance Brooks gone at the end of the season. Thoughts and prayers @jedi-tiger

I would agree that Sheens is tight with the Mole but not on the Brooks point. If the Pascoe departure rumour is to be believed then it's logical to conclude there is a link to Mitch Moses incoming. I'm quite sure Pascoe made some disparaging remarks about Moses when he left WT first time around.

An interesting side note, is that Sheens was asked about Brooks contract in last weeks pre-game press conference. He said 'we'll have more to say after Rd 6.'

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @mickb

If the Mole is reporting it then it means Sheens asked him to. Good chance Brooks gone at the end of the season. Thoughts and prayers @jedi-tiger

I would agree that Sheens is tight with the Mole but not on the Brooks point. If the Pascoe departure rumour is to be believed then it's logical to conclude there is a link to Mitch Moses incoming. I'm quite sure Pascoe made some disparaging remarks about Moses when he left WT first time around.

An interesting side note, is that Sheens was asked about Brooks contract in last weeks pre-game press conference. He said 'we'll have more to say after Rd 6.'

Unless Brooks has 3 blinders in a row in rounds 4,5 and 6, then it should be thanks for your service Luke, we wish you well on your next venture

Joel Helmes, MickeyB, Westy81 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @lestronge

He's been here for 8 years, is onto his 5th coach and the team hasn't made finals. Has also been de-registered. If the off field stuff is making zero difference to on field success then it doesn't really matter all that much.

I think Pascoe is done. It is logical, his core argument has been 'but off-field we are commercially success' is running out of runway. There has always been better days around the corner with him. From Clearly, to Madge, to salary cap issues, to COE, to now Sheens and Benji. None of these things have panned out to date. It is difficult to sustain the enthusiasm of your sponsors and members when each 'new dawn' falls flat. I also believe that to sustain his core argument (off field success and better days ahead), commercial decisions have been made which impact the on-field success of the players (Tales from Tiger Town, moving home games to NZ, bush, making hasty re-signing or signing decisions). 

I also do not discount the damage the Ciraldo article did last week, which essentially blamed Tigers lack of discretion as the reason he didn't come. The board/Sheens would know who leaked that. 

He is better off jumping instead of being pushed, at least he can manage the message that it was 'time'.

851, Kenny4517, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Joel Caine on SEN just floated a loan deal for the remainder of 2023

Jonah Pezet >>> WT

David Nofoaluma >>> Storm

I like the idea a lot. Pezet is the best available of those young halves coming through IMO, but Melbourne won't go for it because they need halves cover during Origin. Tigers should pay the difference in value between the two contracts.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mickb

Joel Caine on SEN just floated a loan deal for the remainder of 2023

Jonah Pezet >>> WT

David Nofoaluma >>> Storm

I like the idea a lot. Pezet is the best available of those young halves coming through IMO, but Melbourne won't go for it because they need halves cover during Origin. Tigers should pay the difference in value between the two contracts.

Melbourne have already experience with Nofa so i doubt it has legs.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

what I heard was Luke brooks to SL swap and Aidan Seizer to tigers

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

from Pom

Pascoe to fall on his sword this afternoon is seems. Power play in the background afoot.
This will break everywhere soon

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 517 / 1067
Share: