Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger2win

@momo-amp-medo I hope we miss him but parra burn their salary cap trying to keep him.

Me too. I hope we are working on a decent plan B but I don't know what that would be to be honest 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger2win)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@canberratiger 

we don’t need Moses we just need some experience to help the sg ball kids find  their feet in the next few years . They should be plan a b c d e f and g . And h  

Westy81, CanberraTiger, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’d like to pose the question,does Mitchell Moses deserve the status of the game’s highest paid player?I fail to see how.Granted he’s matured as a player over the last couple of years,but in my opinion he’s not an elite like Teddy or Munster.I’m of the view that we overpay at our peril.We’ve just cleared the decks and to be paying stupid money on a long contract is a little reminiscent of what we’ve just endured through Cleary’s handiwork and I realise you pay more for halfbacks…..

I’m of a mind to keep the powder dry,maintain the war chest and wait for someone to emerge over the next year.It’s a long season and something generally eventuates or some wunderkind creates new waves.We have lost out in a few negotiations and have potentially been played.Sometimes better to be prudent and keep walking,perhaps wipe the smile from Isaac Moses and flex a little muscle of our own.

I could be wrong,maybe Mitch Moses is of the 1.4 million calibre,but I’m in the cold feet department.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger2win

@canberratiger 

we don’t need Moses we just need some experience to help the sg ball kids find  their feet in the next few years . They should be plan a b c d e f and g . And h  

I like the idea but how far away are any genuine options from those grades?

This is the rubbish predicament are in. We need a decent half back to help turn the club around and teach the young kids. Unfortunately the only decent half back that is available is Moses and because of that he stands to be the highest paid player in history despite not being worth anywhere near the numbers being thrown around. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I’d like to pose the question,does Mitchell Moses deserve the status of the game’s highest paid player?I fail to see how.Granted he’s matured as a player over the last couple of years,but in my opinion he’s not an elite like Teddy or Munster.I’m of the view that we overpay at our peril.We’ve just cleared the decks and to be paying stupid money on a long contract is a little reminiscent of what we’ve just endured through Cleary’s handiwork and I realise you pay more for halfbacks…..

I’m of a mind to keep the powder dry,maintain the war chest and wait for someone to emerge over the next year.It’s a long season and something generally eventuates or some wunderkind creates new waves.We have lost out in a few negotiations and have potentially been played.Sometimes better to be prudent and keep walking,perhaps wipe the smile from Isaac Moses and flex a little muscle of our own.

I could be wrong,maybe Mitch Moses is of the 1.4 million calibre,but I’m in the cold feet department.

Like anything he is worth what people are prepared to pay. Can he deliver at that level? Probably not… but what do I know…

Westy81, Jedi Tiger and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger2win from what I heard st Helens simply will not release him, would love to get him but no chance. 

Moses is greedy mate and an ego he will take the 1.4 million 

Well, your last sentence in that response is purely opinion. It doesn't match the first sentence. Why bother?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I’ve questioned in the months gone past (a little dig at the drawn out nature of this) that I’m concerned getting Moses will cost us some young stars in coming years. We will be up at the top of our cap and if youngsters come through are sought after elsewhere it might cost us someone we would have loved to gave kept. In saying that, if you’re going to go do this path you’re better off spending on your main man (halfback) than a forward or winger etc. Anyway, it might all be moot and we have to hope and pray Brooks/Doueihi get it happening for us (at reasonable prices).

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

I must say that the quality of second stringers from other clubs that I watched (watched them all) who were trialing this weekend puts to shame most of what we put on the paddock on Thursday night game @ the Warriors.
And THAT is a concern and not so much our poor scoreline result. Couple that with our rubbish reserves result from the week before and Sheens and co. should be concerned.

We definitely have about a 1/3 of our top quad which can talk the talk but not walk the walk. Also our pathways reserve squad is very ordinary looking.

So hopefully we can turn that around.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

I’ve questioned in the months gone past (a little dig at the drawn out nature of this) that I’m concerned getting Moses will cost us some young stars in coming years. We will be up at the top of our cap and if youngsters come through are sought after elsewhere it might cost us someone we would have loved to gave kept. In saying that, if you’re going to go do this path you’re better off spending on your main man (halfback) than a forward or winger etc. Anyway, it might all be moot and we have to hope and pray Brooks/Doueihi get it happening for us (at reasonable prices).

I agree ….. there is real talent which emerges and becomes available each year and to go “all in” on non marque player like Moses just doesn’t give us much recruitment flexibility for the future.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @momo-amp-medo

I must say that the quality of second stringers from other clubs that I watched (watched them all) who were trialing this weekend puts to shame most of what we put on the paddock on Thursday night game @ the Warriors.
And THAT is a concern and not so much our poor scoreline result. Couple that with our rubbish reserves result from the week before and Sheens and co. should be concerned.

We definitely have about a 1/3 of our top quad which can talk the talk but not walk the walk. Also our pathways reserve squad is very ordinary looking.

So hopefully we can turn that around.

Good points. You would say this year that one of our biggest issues looks to be a lack of depth. We need the injury gods to smile upon us.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mercy-rule I will try and be clearer, we are zero chance of signing welsby

As for Moses he is greedy and ego driven he wants to be highest player in the game,  As far as offer goes or moses I believe we were 300k above parramatta now we are more like 150k to 200k in front still.

Joel Helmes and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy kind of think some of the issue is how long the club want to sign Brooks and at what cost. Getting Moses for 1.4 million is not the worst price but I think with Brooks they want a fair bit lesser deal and length if deal say mx 3 years or something and 4 years for Moses. Brooks for 3 years at 800k gives the juniors time to come through in 2027

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

It’s a bit of a catch 22 situation though Joel. If we miss out on a top level half would our spine suffer as a result and do we continue to be an unsuccessful club? Probably a good chance. Would that have an effect upon our ability to compete with more successful clubs in recruiting and keeping the young players we’d like to keep? Probably a good chance. On the other hand would a good, experienced half, who can organise and kick, make us a better team? Probably. Would it therefore increase our chances to become a successful club? Probably. Would it then help with competing with other clubs to recruit and keep the young players we’d like to keep? Probably. There’s no right or wrong answer but plenty of questions.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger2win)
Wests Tigers Supporter

That’s not a lot of after tax difference money wise. Sounds like he is staying at parra.as for welsby I am hearing very different

Joel Helmes and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@helmesy No doubt it will impact on our recruitment/retention and I share your concern.I believe we’re putting a lot of eggs in one basket and possibly paying up to 400-500k overs.For a supposed pathways outfit it seems a little counter productive to me.

I think it’s also easy to be seduced by the drama of the actual negotiation as to viewing it dispassionately and objectively.I know as a lesser entity in the NRL pecking order we’re always going to pay a little more,but I could never see a Craig Bellamy paying this sort of freight unless it was a Slater or Cam Smith.Absolutely tried and tested.I don’t see Moses in the same light and he comes with a little excess baggage.Ultimately one can ask the question,is this a big compromise or gamble with our cap?Or can we afford to gamble to this level?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 471 / 1059
Share: