Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @888

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

looks like Broncos are keeping Farnworth damn. 

The other forum has mentioned a Nofo for Nathan Brown ? given our backs I would take that deal

what about Noffa for Sanders (if we are missing Moses)? Would be happy to upgrade his salary to match Noffa’s if the raps on him are right.

I don’t think we we need to throw money at unproven kids again. 

I thought our thing was to throw money at guys past their best rather than promising youngsters.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@snake just a comment made , about how weak our halves are in relation to wakeham , which really was about Hastings or brooks.

and I outlined why I can’t the stand hive mind group think around him . Sorry , yeah your right , offseason!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

looks like Broncos are keeping Farnworth damn. 

The other forum has mentioned a Nofo for Nathan Brown ? given our backs I would take that deal

what about Noffa for Sanders (if we are missing Moses)? Would be happy to upgrade his salary to match Noffa’s if the raps on him are right.

I don’t think we we need to throw money at unproven kids again. 

I thought our thing was to throw money at guys past their best rather than promising youngsters.

If we’re going to play the left and right half offence then plan B if Moses doesn’t come could be a running ball player type with Brooks getting more kicking and organisational responsibilities while we cast the net wider for a player that really suits our needs (be it a younger or more experienced half). Sheens and Marshall will have a plan B and I’m pretty confident in their judgment around this.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@frullens yea maybe I’m wrong ! Or maybe more than 1 thing are right at once .  Like he does have anxiety , and it manifests in really anti social ways that alienates him. 
But anyways like snake said , he’s newcastles problem or gem now . My only bringing him up was to the death riding around wakeham. 
He can’t go any worse than a lot of the halves we have had over the years . 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

@frullens yea maybe I’m wrong ! Or maybe more than 1 thing are right at once .  Like he does have anxiety , and it manifests in really anti social ways that alienates him. 
But anyways like snake said , he’s newcastles problem or gem now . My only bringing him up was to the death riding around wakeham. 

Not any worse - isn't an option.

We need to improve as a team and a club.

I like Wakeham and was impressed with what he did for Fiji - but he is a back up and isn't the answer to our problems.

I'm still holding out hope we get Moses or Williams. I can't see any other options other than those 2.

But if we let go hastings, and get no 7 as replacement- then I think questions need to be asked.

Top 8 2023

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @frullens

Not any worse - isn't an option.

We need to improve as a team and a club.

I like Wakeham and was impressed with what he did for Fiji - but he is a back up and isn't the answer to our problems.

I'm still holding out hope we get Moses or Williams. I can't see any other options other than those 2.

But if we let go hastings, and get no 7 as replacement- then I think questions need to be asked.

He was signed as a backup.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Has Hastings reported that he has the clinically debilitating condition of anxiety? Or are you just making your own diagnosis of him?  Being "anxious" and having "anxiety" are two very different things. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Has Hastings reported that he has the clinically debilitating condition of anxiety? Or are you just making your own diagnosis of him?  Being "anxious" and having "anxiety" are two very different things. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying he suffers from anxiety, as I don't know, but he is very open about his mental health.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-jackson-hastings-return-to-nrl-wests-tigers-contract-super-league/news-story/a70ae2c02d7c3a8b129d6b436eb2f414

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Karl Oloapu has signed with the Dogs. $500k transfer fee.

lestronge and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast he will be a good player 

seems any spine type of player you really need to dig deep for. 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

surely this is just another nail in the coffin that bulldogs don’t have Moses signature. That transfer fee is huge, plus the cash they splashed on crichton, which brings us back to us and parra. 

Oloapu and burton sound like a good future though

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

doesnt the 500k come out of the cap?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

DT reporting Dominic Young toured Dogs HQ with Ciraldo and Gould today.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

doesnt the 500k come out of the cap?

No. Player doesnt get the money. Its not salary. Same as our transfer fee to Wigan for Bateman.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I think the Bulldogs signing of Oloapu could be a sign that they either weren’t keen on Moses, or he is committing elsewhere and they went for plan B.

The Moses contract situation is surely going to be put to bed before the start of the season. How can a now two horse race take so long?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, Tiger5150 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 445 / 972
Share: