Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@declan take out ESL Well then Roosters (Robinson moved him on) Manly altercation with DCE, Tigers Sheens elected to trade him for Klemmer and now he is at Newcastle. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 The money the club is offering Moses is ridiculous..yes halves are in short supply but the reality is Moses goes missing big time when the crunch comes . He will be one year older before he would even put the jersey on,IMO keep the powder dry jag a couple more high profile guys in the required positions for 2024 .. I feel his signing for that amount of $ just does not resonate time and time again when the crunch comes he is not there for the big plays !  It will be interesting if my initial source was right !

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@lestronge Why are we still talking about Hastings?  OFF season I suspect! I think he plays for another club now , he looked good in a very average footy team (wooden spoon and all )we have to put this into perspective. Sheens did the right thing in letting him go for Klemmer , forwards lay the platform for winning games and the coach has done his job in that respect!

Peter A, Tigerlily, Garry and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @snake

@tiger5150 The money the club is offering Moses is ridiculous..yes halves are in short supply but the reality is Moses goes missing big time when the crunch comes . He will be one year older before he would even put the jersey on,IMO keep the powder dry jag a couple more high profile guys in the required positions for 2024 .. I feel his signing for that amount of $ just does not resonate time and time again when the crunch comes he is not there for the big plays !  It will be interesting if my initial source was right !

Depending on the amount, you may be right, but the club (and Parra for that matter) are valuing opportunity in a market. We clearly need a better half than we have at the moment. Moses is clearly better than anyone we have. The most important part is, what other half is going to be available to us in the next 12 months? Is there another are they likely to be better than Moses. How much is that player or Moses going to cost us to get? In the end, what you, me, the club thinks is ridiculous is irrelevant. Once we decide we need a better half, the market sorts the rest out.

What did your initial source say?

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Agree with most of that …. yet unfortunately he seems to be only player currently available on the marketplace that fits our halves requirement in so many ways.

I would not slash my wrists if he stayed at Parra but would be disappointed if he ended up at the Dogs.

Question is what is Sheens/Benji plan B?

By the way …. what did your initial source predict?

851 and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger5150

FWIW (not much at all) rumours in the Parra forum at LU that Moses has put pen to paper at Parra, with announcement this week.

not overly surprising but does put the squeeze on Parra’s cap with big money for 2 halves. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

My 2c on Hastings is that he was all of the above.

1)He did play up to the fans and I think a lot of that was to cultivate his image but it was also nice for the fans so despite his motivation being selfish perhaps he gave the fans what they wanted and was appreciated for it. 

2) he was slow and a poor defender at times but he also had more basic game management skills than brooks has demonstrated ie he had a higher footy iq than brooks but equally that is a pretty low bar. In that respect he was better than what we had but he was not good enough IMHO to make us a consistent top 4 side 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@snake I think Moses will be here in 2024

851, Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

My 2c on Hastings is that he was all of the above.

1)He did play up to the fans and I think a lot of that was to cultivate his image but it was also nice for the fans so despite his motivation being selfish perhaps he gave the fans what they wanted and was appreciated for it. 

2) he was slow and a poor defender at times but he also had more basic game management skills than brooks has demonstrated ie he had a higher footy iq than brooks but equally that is a pretty low bar. In that respect he was better than what we had but he was not good enough IMHO to make us a consistent top 4 side 

1. I've followed Hastings since he arrived at the super league. He has said he's awkward and struggles to make friends. But I don't think that was a show or selfish. It's him trying to be a good person and a good role model. Much rather that than the opposite and don't hold anything against Hastings.

2. Everyone laughed at cowboys paying townsend $800k to go up there. Said he's game was basic. But you'd be surprised that most teams are missing a capable 7. They don't need to be amazing 7 just capable to make a big difference. Look at sezer when he was at raiders, even Hughes at storm, hodginson at bulldogs. Hastings at 7 or 13 would of made a huge difference to us.

Top 8 2023

851, LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Mate I hope your right and if so, credit where credit is due as you have been very consistent on this one.  Might makes sense why we signed Wakeham for the 1 year 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @hsvjones

Mate I hope your right and if so, credit where credit is due as you have been very consistent on this one.  Might makes sense why we signed Wakeham for the 1 year 

I’ve not been real confident of getting Moses back for two main reasons 1. It can be hard to wrestle a star player out of a winning team 2. I don’t know if he has the guts to role the dice and get away from his comfort zone.

In saying that, the longer it has gone on the more confident I’ve become that he might put pen to paper with us. He’s not perfect, but he’s almost top tier nowadays and he would make a significant difference to us and the way Sheens/Marshall want us to play football.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

That is an issue I have with him as well, but our halves are terrible and he jumps us forward massively. At this point in time we are failing in the halves before we reach the crunch, that is what he adds.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

looks like Broncos are keeping Farnworth damn. 

The other forum has mentioned a Nofo for Nathan Brown ? given our backs I would take that deal

hsvjones and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

The other forum has mentioned a Nofo for Nathan Brown ? given our backs I would take that deal

what about Noffa for Sanders (if we are missing Moses)? Would be happy to upgrade his salary to match Noffa’s if the raps on him are right.

This post was modified 1 year ago by 888

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @888

what about Noffa for Sanders (if we are missing Moses)? Would be happy to upgrade his salary to match Noffa’s if the raps on him are right.

I don’t think we we need to throw money at unproven kids again. 

hsvjones and WT2040 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 444 / 945
Share: