Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@super-coach why cant Ben Elias sort a third party for him to come back to WT?

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

So…most likely outcome?

1. Stays at Eels

2. Signs with us

3. Signs with Bulldogs

I genuinely believe it will be 1.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

So…most likely outcome?

1. Stays at Eels

2. Signs with us

3. Signs with Bulldogs

I'm not in the know in any shape or form, but that's the order I would put it as well. Probably 60/25/15 in terms of percentages. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wt2040)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy agree but depends a bit on Dylan. They can’t afford both but if I was a gambling man would expect Dogs to get him before us

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

So…most likely outcome?

1. Stays at Eels

2. Signs with us

3. Signs with Bulldogs

I think that is the least likely.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

So…most likely outcome?

1. Stays at Eels

2. Signs with us

3. Signs with Bulldogs

I just don’t think they can afford to let him go. They will find a way to keep him, the Eels management would be mad to not find a way (given how important he is to their team). I can’t see him leaving, we’re being played.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

So…most likely outcome?

1. Stays at Eels

2. Signs with us

3. Signs with Bulldogs

I just don’t think they can afford to let him go. They will find a way to keep him, the Eels management would be mad to not find a way (given how important he is to their team). I can’t see him leaving, we’re being played.

I think their priority is Brown, which I think is a mistake.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

So…most likely outcome?

1. Stays at Eels

2. Signs with us

3. Signs with Bulldogs

We’ll see 🤣

ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I really can’t grasp this Moses talk. The big clubs have each brought through young halves under a good coach, in a side with a dominant pack of forwards in the past 5 years. Nathan Cleary, Luai, Dylan Brown, Sam Walker, Jahrome Hughes, even Lachlan Illias. We have the good coach, and we are early doors building a good forward pack. It’s not done yet. Don’t waste $1.4 million and go back to what stuffed us up originally. Moses can kick goals, in my opinion he is not the character we need.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @brookscoin

I really can’t grasp this Moses talk. The big clubs have each brought through young halves under a good coach, in a side with a dominant pack of forwards in the past 5 years. Nathan Cleary, Luai, Dylan Brown, Sam Walker, Jahrome Hughes, even Lachlan Illias. We have the good coach, and we are early doors building a good forward pack. It’s not done yet. Don’t waste $1.4 million and go back to what stuffed us up originally. Moses can kick goals, in my opinion he is not the character we need.

He would be a sugar hit and would probably propel us into the finals, thus getting that monkey off our back. 

Conversely he soaks up a lot of cap space and that will have ramifications in regards to the salary cap in next 3 or 4 seasons.

Dont get me wrong, I think he would be a very good acquisition (not perfect, but a positive), I just don’t trust him at all, or the Eels. They’ve both been slimy and I’m waiting for us to get screwed over/disappointed.

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

So…most likely outcome?

1. Stays at Eels

2. Signs with us

3. Signs with Bulldogs

We’ll see 🤣

Brown is 100% their priority. They haven’t been confident of retaining Moses for some time.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The reality is that Moses is the only genuine top level number 7 available on the market right now which we desperately need especially since Hastings departure.

If we fail to land Moses the plan B options are very unappealing.

Theres so much hinging on us closing this deal.

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@brookscoin)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy that Parramatta forward pack has been among the best for years now and I can’t see how Parra finish outside the top 4-6 those years if their halfback / five eighth combo is even just steady. Gutherson is a big spiritual leader too. When the biggest games roll around they tend to just miss out in the big moments. That’s when your halves are on show. I am far from sold he’s worth mammoth money.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

We don’t have a likely 7 in our juniors that I have heard of, or if we do they are 5 years away. Bringing back Moses for 4-5yrs plugs that very important gap

Dirty Reds, Salty, super coach and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

@helmesy that Parramatta forward pack has been among the best for years now and I can’t see how Parra finish outside the top 4-6 those years if their halfback / five eighth combo is even just steady. Gutherson is a big spiritual leader too. When the biggest games roll around they tend to just miss out in the big moments. That’s when your halves are on show. I am far from sold he’s worth mammoth money.

I agree, he’s a better than average first grade half today, but he’s not elite.

ReplyQuote
Page 379 / 937
Share: