[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Posted by: @tigersteve

The biggest insult to Hastings was Sheens telling him he thought Luke Brooks was a better half back than him. 

That has to burn deep.

why does everything have to come back to a dig at Brooks?

Because in my opinion Hastings is a better half back than Brooks and it’s not even close.

We need better than both.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Shock - a guy who left had a few issues with us and vice-versa. If it was a good fit he’d still be here!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tigersteve

The biggest insult to Hastings was Sheens telling him he thought Luke Brooks was a better half back than him. 

That has to burn deep.

why does everything have to come back to a dig at Brooks?

Because in my opinion Hastings is a better half back than Brooks and it’s not even close.

We need better than both.

Absolutely agree, but does the coaching team

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger I dunno if fake is how I feel about him. I think that’s a bit harsh . But at the same time I don’t not agree with it haha . It’s like I said , there’s just something about him that’s …. Off? 
like for example he was here 2 minutes and talking about the club like he’d been here 10 years . Just the tone had my bullshit sensor going off .  I thought it was just me . Then it goes on 4 months and after Madge gets sacked , there’s whispers that it wasn’t just me . 
And the problem is because of our lack of leadership , a lot of the fans start screaming how this is what we should want . 
I guess I just never fell for it . I mean I get  the same vibes from DCE as well. Like it wouldn’t surprise me in 10 years it comes out he was a serial killer haha. But apparently he’s an absolute gem of a bloke off the field . That is if your name doesn’t rhyme with Gilly Bater . Or Pameron Splith Lol 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

@jedi-tiger I dunno if fake is how I feel about him. I think that’s a bit harsh . But at the same time I don’t not agree with it haha . It’s like I said , there’s just something about him that’s …. Off? 
like for example he was here 2 minutes and talking about the club like he’d been here 10 years . Just the tone had my bullshit sensor going off .  I thought it was just me . Then it goes on 4 months and after Madge gets sacked , there’s whispers that it wasn’t just me . 
And the problem is because of our lack of leadership , a lot of the fans start screaming how this is what we should want . 
I guess I just never fell for it . I mean I get  the same vibes from DCE as well. Like it wouldn’t surprise me in 10 years it comes out he was a serial killer haha. But apparently he’s an absolute gem of a bloke off the field . That is if your name doesn’t rhyme with Gilly Bater . Or Pameron Splith Lol 

The image he presents is very manufactured. 

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

It’s interesting the amount of people who are happy for Hastings to leave due to the perception that he’s not a team player and not toeing the club line but who are also desperate for us to sign Mitchell Moses who literally tanked games and has a long history of abusing his own team mates.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

It’s interesting the amount of people who are happy for Hastings to leave due to the perception that he’s not a team player and not toeing the club line but who are also desperate for us to sign Mitchell Moses who literally tanked games and has a long history of abusing his own team mates.

I can see where the argument that he is more of a 13 than a 8 comes from. I would have liked to keep him but once you decide he is a 13 it was always going to end this way.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@jedi-tiger 

they’ll find anything wrong with anything we do and report it, even if it’s small like stuff written in this article 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Slow news day I guess. Journos gotta do something with their time.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@celtic_tiger did Mitch tank or was it just a bad game ? the week before he played great against cowboys from memory

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@celtic_tiger did Mitch tank or was it just a bad game ? the week before he played great against cowboys from memory

He tanked and played the mental health card to get a release. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@avocadoontoast so you're banking on some Sheens magic dust to waft over the Tigers and bring glory through re-educating Luke Brooks? Why haven't those same Sheens systems worked for him in, say, the last 12 years??

not banking on, but hoping. I’m not too worried about the last 10 years, sometimes coaches and clubs don’t gel. He failed at NQ before joining us in 03.

He’s one of the best coaches of all time and what he’s done already in terms of roster management is very impressive.

You may well not be worried about the last 10 years. But, I sure as hell am. And the comments allegedly attributed to Hastings that put the (lack of) man-management skills of Sheens as being a contributing factor to him joining the Knights is, effectively, if true, a continuation of his latter years in the ESL. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@celtic_tiger it’s a ratio man . The fact is  Moses is an elite half and Hastings is meh ! So it makes people turn a blind eye . 
if it makes you feel better he dogged Taylor and Cleary . He didn’t really dog benji , sheens , Farah etc. 

you could say he dogged the tigers , but outside Pascoe it might as well be a different place all together 

Jedi Tiger and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@celtic_tiger You have just described Sheens coaching philosophy, some of us have long memories of the favourable outcomes of the past ..

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@lestronge we shoukd see how Hastings goes at Newcastle I am betting not too well it will end in tears. 

Sheens will likely be judged at the end of 2023 with making a good call moving Hastings on 

ReplyQuote
Page 372 / 947
Share: