Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Now that Klemmer signing is official I am warning to the idea of Woods returning. I agree he’d be good for the young forwards in particular, would play mostly State Cup you’d think. But having both him & Klemmer around at training would be positive, both are highly professional having been around a while, both would enjoy leading the younger guys & both are characters and I think we lack that. We need guys to rip in at training but we also Need those guys who can bring some enjoyment to work.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@lestronge would have been AMAZING news if it was L Brooks….I can still dream for mid season 😁

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @helmesy

Wests Tigers has today released Jackson Hastings from the final year of his contract.

CEO Justin Pascoe says the club has identified a clear recruitment and retention plan, one that is being executed aggressively.

“As a club we are obviously not satisfied that we finished last in 2022 and tough decisions need to be made,” said Pascoe.

Not everyone will be happy with some of the decisions we make, but we do not apologise for these decisions.

Justin Pascoe

“Our members and fans need to understand that every decision that is made is in the best interest of this club and changing the fortunes on the field.

"This was a good opportunity for Jackson to get a long-term deal playing in his preferred position at number seven.

“On behalf of Wests Tigers, I would like to wish Jackson the very best with his future and thank him for his efforts over the past 12 months.”

Hastings made 16 appearances for Wests Tigers in 2022, before suffering a season-ending ankle injury in Round 20.

That is not a typical WT release... very interesting wording

It's absolutely disgraceful for the press release to include such a smug remark. He is a poor excuse for an administrator if he is going to insult members and fans with that type of comment.

Does he ignore the fact that the decisions made by him and the board in the last 10 years have left the club languishing from one disaster to the next, year on year?

He's a very naive individual. If Newcastle win at Leichhardt in Rd 2 next year and Hastings plays a starring role the fans will be baying for blood.

Pascoe should actually be prepared to stand down if Newcastle finish higher than WT in 2023. If he is so confident in his decision then put your neck on the chopping block 😉

💯 correct @ Mickey B 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Next rumour now surfacing from the westlife pod guys on twitter (they did get Hastings right) 

They are saying Douhie to Bulldogs for 2023 a chance of happening. 

Perhaps we get Corey Allen as a swap or Thompson who knows

I don't think we'll let him go without a replacement, but I won't be shedding tears if he goes. Has regressed since he left Souths, and asking $900k is insane.

If we seriously release AD then B Marshall WILL be playing next season.

Mike and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Wests Tigers has today released Jackson Hastings from the final year of his contract.

CEO Justin Pascoe says the club has identified a clear recruitment and retention plan, one that is being executed aggressively.

“As a club we are obviously not satisfied that we finished last in 2022 and tough decisions need to be made,” said Pascoe.

Not everyone will be happy with some of the decisions we make, but we do not apologise for these decisions.

Justin Pascoe

“Our members and fans need to understand that every decision that is made is in the best interest of this club and changing the fortunes on the field.

"This was a good opportunity for Jackson to get a long-term deal playing in his preferred position at number seven.

“On behalf of Wests Tigers, I would like to wish Jackson the very best with his future and thank him for his efforts over the past 12 months.”

Hastings made 16 appearances for Wests Tigers in 2022, before suffering a season-ending ankle injury in Round 20.

I think the Tigers guessed there would be significant backlash on social media, which there is, about Hastings being one of the better Tigers players in 2022.

Even if that is true, it ignores the argument that (a) Tigers came last, and (b) it assumes you can offer Newcastle whatever you please, as if Knights don't have a say in it. Cochise has often been at pains to point out to people, in other potential trades, that you have to have something the other mob wants for the right price.

I also think it speaks about Sheens not being convinced about all the roster-building decisions of Madge. We have to remember, despite all the Brooks issues over many years, Sheens was the head coach when Brooks was coming through, and he may legitimately think he can work with Brooksie.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Justin Pascoe

It's absolutely disgraceful for the press release to include such a smug remark. He is a poor excuse for an administrator if he is going to insult members and fans with that type of comment.

Does he ignore the fact that the decisions made by him and the board in the last 10 years have left the club languishing from one disaster to the next, year on year?

He's a very naive individual. If Newcastle win at Leichhardt in Rd 2 next year and Hastings plays a starring role the fans will be baying for blood.

Pascoe should actually be prepared to stand down if Newcastle finish higher than WT in 2023. If he is so confident in his decision then put your neck on the chopping block 😉

That's a nice daydream you are having.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

@jirskyr it is very interesting the number of 2022 signings we have let go, sheens said in the famous press conference that he didn't want Madge building the roster if he wasn't going to be the coach moving forward. Maybe there was more to that statement than first appearances.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @Anonymous

Next rumour now surfacing from the westlife pod guys on twitter (they did get Hastings right) 

I don't think we'll let him go without a replacement, but I won't be shedding tears if he goes. Has regressed since he left Souths, and asking $900k is insane.

A number of Sam Ayoub clients have left WT since Madge was moved. Hastings is the latest one. Sheens + Marshall obviously don't want to deal with Ayoub. They loaned two of his players Gildart and Nofa this year in the hope of moving them on. If he wants to stay at WT AD knows he will need a new manager. AD has left Sam Ayoub's management because he knows that WT won't deal with any Ayoub clients.

The Wests life link is Rob Bechara to the Ayoub family. They knew that Hastings wasnt going to be offered a 2024 contract last week. That info was given to them by the Ayoubs

The Ayoubs are also close with Danny Weidler. The Ayoubs were annoyed that AD left their camp so they told Weidler "AD wants $900k per season" to make him look greedy and make other managers reluctant to bring him on.

Because the Ayoub's arent managing AD anymore you'd have to discredit this AD> Dogs mail in my opinion. With the Tigers signing up Isaac Moses clients it wouldnt shock to see AD jump in with them pretty soon.

Tiger5150, 888, Joel Helmes and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@mickb that is a great post

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

@mickb mate that is a very well thought out post, is that assumptions or info?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)

@mickb good post makes a lot of sense

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jedi-tiger joffa just isn’t a lock mate. I’d say Bolter for lock could be an upgraded Mata . 
If we do get another middle we could be looking at Twal/joffa /Pole in reserve grade . 
I don’t think a Thompson for AD is smart . Sign a middle like brown or woods who can play Reggie’s as well as first is smarter roster management . 
We need to find some strike from somewhere now . 
Fififa ? We can swap AD for Fifita and Boyd lol

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Should we be back on board with the Moses camp ? After how bad they screwed us all those years ago. 

Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @Anonymous

A number of Sam Ayoub clients have left WT since Madge was moved. Hastings is the latest one. Sheens + Marshall obviously don't want to deal with Ayoub. They loaned two of his players Gildart and Nofa this year in the hope of moving them on. If he wants to stay at WT AD knows he will need a new manager. AD has left Sam Ayoub's management because he knows that WT won't deal with any Ayoub clients.

The Wests life link is Rob Bechara to the Ayoub family. They knew that Hastings wasnt going to be offered a 2024 contract last week. That info was given to them by the Ayoubs

The Ayoubs are also close with Danny Weidler. The Ayoubs were annoyed that AD left their camp so they told Weidler "AD wants $900k per season" to make him look greedy and make other managers reluctant to bring him on.

Because the Ayoub's arent managing AD anymore you'd have to discredit this AD> Dogs mail in my opinion. With the Tigers signing up Isaac Moses clients it wouldnt shock to see AD jump in with them pretty soon.

Great insight. Thanks for posting. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

If sheens and Moses are close (reasonable given Moses had all the big 4 when sheens was last here and he has payten and now klemmer) then maybe there is a bigger deal being stitched together with a brooks extension, woods return and Mitch Moses move home). Would explain why sheens and Benji were so relaxed about losing both Hastings and madden). 

ReplyQuote
Page 343 / 1067
Share: