Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

The Knights have also agreed to immediately release front-rower David Klemmer from the final year of his current five-year contract, allowing him to take up a multi-year deal with another NRL club for next season.

Klemmer joined the Knights in 2019, going on to make 81 appearances in the red and blue jersey, including finals in 2020 and 2021.

On behalf of the Newcastle Knights and everyone in the local community, we would like to thank David for his significant contributions both on and off the field.

This is the type of release that WT should have made.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Something doesn't sit right with that press release and Hastings it is not the normal style of press release when a player leaves. Potentially a blow up with Sheens or something before he left who knows but it is unusual the wording 

dazza65 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Something doesn't sit right with that press release and Hastings it is not the normal style of press release when a player leaves. Potentially a blow up with Sheens or something before he left who knows but it is unusual the wording 

Seems like the club are quite happy he's gone tbh.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @helmesy

Wests Tigers has today released Jackson Hastings from the final year of his contract.

CEO Justin Pascoe says the club has identified a clear recruitment and retention plan, one that is being executed aggressively.

“As a club we are obviously not satisfied that we finished last in 2022 and tough decisions need to be made,” said Pascoe.

Not everyone will be happy with some of the decisions we make, but we do not apologise for these decisions.

Justin Pascoe

“Our members and fans need to understand that every decision that is made is in the best interest of this club and changing the fortunes on the field.

"This was a good opportunity for Jackson to get a long-term deal playing in his preferred position at number seven.

“On behalf of Wests Tigers, I would like to wish Jackson the very best with his future and thank him for his efforts over the past 12 months.”

Hastings made 16 appearances for Wests Tigers in 2022, before suffering a season-ending ankle injury in Round 20.

That is not a typical WT release... very interesting wording

It's absolutely disgraceful for the press release to include such a smug remark. He is a poor excuse for an administrator if he is going to insult members and fans with that type of comment.

Does he ignore the fact that the decisions made by him and the board in the last 10 years have left the club languishing from one disaster to the next, year on year?

He's a very naive individual. If Newcastle win at Leichhardt in Rd 2 next year and Hastings plays a starring role the fans will be baying for blood.

Pascoe should actually be prepared to stand down if Newcastle finish higher than WT in 2023. If he is so confident in his decision then put your neck on the chopping block 😉

A very ordinary and unnecessary statement 

Pascoe is very quick to distance himself from football decisions when it suits him and if a statement like this needed to be made it should have came from Sheens.

The administrators at the club really do nothing to instill confidence that they have the first clue what they are doing.

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tigerlily I don’t understand this kind of talk . To me he just says the right thing to the media . 
“Club man , great bloke , leader “ that’s all just hyperbolic word spaghetti . 

Who did he actually lead ? What did he actually do to inspire ? Who actually came out and said he was a good bloke? 

I dunno , he might be all of those things , but , just because he knows how to get high fives from the family passes in the general admissions , doesn’t mean that he’s absolutely essential to a team, let alone Be it’s leader . 
I dunno. 
It just seems to be a huge train, that no one who plays on the field has come out and gotten on . That’s all . 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

@tigerlily I don’t understand this kind of talk . To me he just says the right thing to the media . 
“Club man , great bloke , leader “ that’s all just hyperbolic word spaghetti . 

Who did he actually lead ? What did he actually do to inspire ? Who actually came out and said he was a good bloke? 

I dunno , he might be all of those things , but , just because he knows how to get high fives from the family passes in the general admissions , doesn’t mean that he’s absolutely essential to a team, let alone Be it’s leader . 
I dunno. 
It just seems to be a huge train, that no one who plays on the field has come out and gotten on . That’s all . 

Well you must of understood it to reply to it and I don’t think I could break it down any simpler.

I will say up until the last week or so, you cannot deny that he was seen as one of the leaders of the club along side Joffa.

Personally I think people are reading too much into it. I guess it comes with the territory of being a WestsTigers supporter though.

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Next rumour now surfacing from the westlife pod guys on twitter (they did get Hastings right) 

They are saying Douhie to Bulldogs for 2023 a chance of happening. 

Perhaps we get Corey Allen as a swap or Thompson who knows

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Next rumour now surfacing from the westlife pod guys on twitter (they did get Hastings right) 

I don't think we'll let him go without a replacement, but I won't be shedding tears if he goes. Has regressed since he left Souths, and asking $900k is insane.

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast I think he wants to play 7 there, what is he on 650k ?

Could it be a swap for Corey Allen ? 

it would mean Laurie would have to play 6 or will Smith 7 and Brooks 6 ?

or

Could it be Luke Thompson to strengthen the pack 

"Luke Thompson joins fellow Englishmen Bateman to form a ferocious tigers pack in 2023" 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast I think he wants to play 7 there, what is he on 650k ?

Could it be a swap for Corey Allen ? 

it would mean Laurie would have to play 6 or will Smith 7 and Brooks 6 ?

if Will Smith is the answer we have the question wrong.

I’ve been advocating for Laurie to get a run in the 6 for ages so that would be my choice.

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast Luke Thompson maybe Avo to strengthen the pack even further,

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Could the 2023 pack look like

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. Thompson 

11. Papali

12. Bateman

13. Joffa

Bench

15. Blore

16. Twal

17. Pole 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Perhaps Dogs are going after Douhie for 2023 because they know Moses will not be going to Belmore.

Could mean he is staying with parramatta or releasing douhie allows him to get a longer deal and could mean we will have Moses 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @davey-farrell

i dont want him here, he actually didnt try in a couple of games for us before he left and was so obvious, that i cannot forgive, give me George Williams any day of the week over him.  Hopefully Sheenius can get him over here for 24

That’s probably a fair call, but does anyone remember rd 26 2021 with Luke’s performance? Think he didn’t want out? It’s just a gen y trait that we all have to get used too tbh. 

ReplyQuote
(@tommy_gun)
Wests Tigers Supporter

The negative nancy pod is also saying that Moses to Dogs is also looking probable. 

Currently the Dogs have 9 players signed for 2024

• TPJ - 850k
  • Kikau - 850k
  • Mahoney - 600k
  • Addo-Carr - 550k
  • Max King - contract would be phased aligned with expected progression 2024 - 400k?
  • Kiraz - contract would be phased aligned with expected progression 2024 - 350k?
  • Pele - 350k?
  • Ryan Sutton -350k?

PLUS

Burton - by all reports his upgrade will be in the 900k bracket

That is 5.2 mil on 10 players..and these guys are reporting they are also in the box seat for Moses (1m+) and Douehi (800-900k) 🤣🤣🤣

This post was modified 2 years ago by Tommy_gun

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 342 / 1067
Share: