Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@tiger5150 I think you need to include Sheens and his deplorable lack of support for Kimmorley as part of the reason for our first ever wooden spoon.

I think it was intentional and IMO the right thing to do.

Needed a firewall between that disaster (not of his making) and what is to come. His moves so far back this up.

I understand why Sheens would want a fresh start this season but it’s simply not true to say the disaster of last season was not of his making.

He recommended that Madge not be sacked at the end of the previous season only to then sack him a few months into the new season.

He then appointed Kimmorley as interim who had zero minutes NRL coaching experience passing over the much better option in Ben Gardner. Unsurprisingly Kimmorley was quickly found to be out of his depth.

He then publicly courted Ciraldo and showed him every facet of the clubs operation including our salary cap position only for him to scamper straight over to Gus Gould armed with all the family secrets.

He signed off on releasing Leilua mid season which pretty much was catastrophic to our chances of being competitive and also Noffa and Gildart, no great loss I grant you but both would have featured for us later in the season given our injury toll. 

Sheens was front and centre of nearly everything that went wrong last year and it’s naive to think otherwise.

trust the process

Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@avocadoontoast  💯 right on this avo . There’s just no halves out there , which is why the dragons backed the truck up for hunt , and the knights for Hastings .

If we somehow jagged Munster a few months ago o think we would have backed the truck up for Mitchell , and said thanks for the memories boys . 

Do we have any halves that are showing elite potential in the juniors ? 
Da Silva is a 9 , and there’s that gun fullback , but is there a half at any grade ? 

super coach reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Sheens does like a fast and powerful Fijian winger.

40C39B9A 2024 43EC A48A 954AA3EF6F38

How about a Papua New Guinean winger?

https://youtu.be/wPefv-Rhxcs

This post was modified 2 years ago by Frullens

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@frullens Which wing will this guy be playing ..the two incumbents will be looking over there shoulder as Jimmy looks the goods!

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@celtic_tiger If Gardiner had been elevated there would not be a spoon in the cabinet … 

Mercy Rule, Eastiemagpie, Celtic_Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @enumerator

Hasting is the best half we have.

A leader, a Hard worker, a competitor with a great attitude.

This is what the Wests Tigers have lacked.

IMO its all a show. When you boil down what he actually did, without the theatrics, without the podcast interviews, its better than our current options, but its nothing special.

He did something for us that no one has in a long time, he had the ability to get us around the field and into the right positions. The issue is he didn't have the ability to take advantage of that though. I would have liked to see him stay and play 13, I would have been ok with him playing 7 if he had an extremely dangerous partner in the halves. Problem seems he didn't want to play 13.

Someone like Ponga. I can understand the appeal for Jacko to go to the Knights; three year deal, more money, halfback role, decent pack, Brailey inside and Ponga outside. Jacko’s probably more suited to the Maguire and AOB type of football philosophy where he gets to be the main orchestrator, then what Sheens and Benji are cooking up.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@snake yep and it would have made it extremely tough to change the game plans for this year . 
not saying we ranked it by giving it to kimmorley , but not saying we didn’t either . 
I also reckon it was about giving kimmorley reps as head coach so the women’s team can hit the ground running .

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Inside Man NRL on Twitter reckons Bulldogs are leading the chase for M. Moses. 

I’m still sticking to my opinion that he won’t come back here.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
 Yeti
(@yeti)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@mike I don't think so. Even rusted on Brookes fans won't cop another year of failure behind that pack of forwards. No excuses now. So - we'll see.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Inside Man NRL on Twitter reckons Bulldogs are leading the chase for M. Moses. 

I’m still sticking to my opinion that he won’t come back here.

That's good news for us. That person is always wrong.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

i dont want him here, he actually didnt try in a couple of games for us before he left and was so obvious, that i cannot forgive, give me George Williams any day of the week over him.  Hopefully Sheenius can get him over here for 24

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @snake

@frullens Which wing will this guy be playing ..the two incumbents will be looking over there shoulder as Jimmy looks the goods!

I would be happy to see both incumbents gone, particularly Nofa. 

ReplyQuote
 Yeti
(@yeti)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Re Moses. I would much prefer Williams if we can get that one done. Would be awesome for '24

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
 Yeti
(@yeti)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Also, I just want to say, as a recent escapee from that other Forum - how refreshing not to read 10 pages of personal attacks on other members to get to read one post that is relevant to the topic(s)

Barra, TigerTownSFS, TigerSteve and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @yeti

@mike I don't think so. Even rusted on Brookes fans won't cop another year of failure behind that pack of forwards. No excuses now. So - we'll see.

Absolutely, it's now or never for Brooks. It's why i'd be holding off on offering any sort of new deal, even if reduced. Let's see how he goes in the first 5+ or so games.

ReplyQuote
Page 338 / 1066
Share: