Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Hasting is the best half we have.

A leader, a Hard worker, a competitor with a great attitude.

This is what the Wests Tigers have lacked.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @enumerator

To be a leader you need the respect of your teammates. He was too divisive. And liking posts on social media critical of the club recently showed a lack of maturity. Not leader material.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @barra

Sad to hear Hastings is on the way out but if he was adamant about only wanting to play 7 and Sheens adamant he plays 13 there could only be this result.

It worries me greatly that we are now very skinny in our halves stocks though, especially for next year. I just can't see Brooks succeeding in the organising halves roll and neither is AD so unless there is something else in the works I see 2023 as being yet another roller coaster. And I struggle to visualise Laurie working in the halves, not only would this be a new combination but a new position for him. He would have so much learning to do and all the time being a target for opposition packs to run into.

I do like the idea of Williams being signed though. Maybe if Moses falls through this could come into play? When is Williams off contract? I can't see us paying another transfer fee if we've done so for Bateman...

Might be wishful thinking. Bateman's Partner is Australian so that is why he is coming back. Williams has no links to Australia so no need to come back out as far as I can see.

When asked about it this week he said "never say never."

His partner and child are already out here, he will be soon as well.

Williams or Bateman?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

IMO its all a show. When you boil down what he actually did, without the theatrics, without the podcast interviews, its better than our current options, but its nothing special.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

To be a leader you need the respect of your teammates. He was too divisive. And liking posts on social media critical of the club recently showed a lack of maturity. Not leader material.

The social media stupidity was the end for me. I have always suspected it was all a show but when he started that rubbish, I was done.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @barra

Sad to hear Hastings is on the way out but if he was adamant about only wanting to play 7 and Sheens adamant he plays 13 there could only be this result.

It worries me greatly that we are now very skinny in our halves stocks though, especially for next year. I just can't see Brooks succeeding in the organising halves roll and neither is AD so unless there is something else in the works I see 2023 as being yet another roller coaster. And I struggle to visualise Laurie working in the halves, not only would this be a new combination but a new position for him. He would have so much learning to do and all the time being a target for opposition packs to run into.

I do like the idea of Williams being signed though. Maybe if Moses falls through this could come into play? When is Williams off contract? I can't see us paying another transfer fee if we've done so for Bateman...

Might be wishful thinking. Bateman's Partner is Australian so that is why he is coming back. Williams has no links to Australia so no need to come back out as far as I can see.

When asked about it this week he said "never say never."

His partner and child are already out here, he will be soon as well.

Williams or Bateman?

Bateman

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

IMO its all a show. When you boil down what he actually did, without the theatrics, without the podcast interviews, its better than our current options, but its nothing special.

He did something for us that no one has in a long time, he had the ability to get us around the field and into the right positions. The issue is he didn't have the ability to take advantage of that though. I would have liked to see him stay and play 13, I would have been ok with him playing 7 if he had an extremely dangerous partner in the halves. Problem seems he didn't want to play 13.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

He did something for us that no one has in a long time, he had the ability to get us around the field and into the right positions. The issue is he didn't have the ability to take advantage of that though. I would have liked to see him stay and play 13, I would have been ok with him playing 7 if he had an extremely dangerous partner in the halves. Problem seems he didn't want to play 13.

I agree with that. Like I said, I think he was our best 7 and better than the other options we have, but changes need to be made. IMO I can see why Sheens has done what he has done.

There is something else that Hastings (and 29 others) have done that no one has ever done.....

?impolicy=desktop_hero

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

IMO Hastings is no great loss. He had some very good games and also went missing in a few games. I don’t want to be too harsh on him because it was his first year back in the NRL and his season was disjointed with suspension and injury and was also playing in a team lacking motivation. He is no doubt a good player but at the end of the day we finished last, he had plenty of opportunity to step up and lead the team around. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 I think you need to include Sheens and his deplorable lack of support for Kimmorley as part of the reason for our first ever wooden spoon.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Behind a paywall but The West Australian is reporting Hastings has left the club.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@tiger5150 I think you need to include Sheens and his deplorable lack of support for Kimmorley as part of the reason for our first ever wooden spoon.

I think it was intentional and IMO the right thing to do.

Needed a firewall between that disaster (not of his making) and what is to come. His moves so far back this up.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

Behind a paywall but The West Australian is reporting Hastings has left the club.

I saw some of it, it does say as the clubs finalise the deal, so it's not confirmed yet.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I think it was intentional and IMO the right thing to do.

Needed a firewall between that disaster (not of his making) and what is to come. His moves so far back this up.

I understand why Sheens would want a fresh start this season but it’s simply not true to say the disaster of last season was not of his making.

He recommended that Madge not be sacked at the end of the previous season only to then sack him a few months into the new season.

He then appointed Kimmorley as interim who had zero minutes NRL coaching experience passing over the much better option in Ben Gardner. Unsurprisingly Kimmorley was quickly found to be out of his depth.

He then publicly courted Ciraldo and showed him every facet of the clubs operation including our salary cap position only for him to scamper straight over to Gus Gould armed with all the family secrets.

He signed off on releasing Leilua mid season which pretty much was catastrophic to our chances of being competitive and also Noffa and Gildart, no great loss I grant you but both would have featured for us later in the season given our injury toll. 

Sheens was front and centre of nearly everything that went wrong last year and it’s naive to think otherwise.

Mercy Rule, Eastiemagpie, Tiger5150 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Sheens does like a fast and powerful winger.

40C39B9A 2024 43EC A48A 954AA3EF6F38

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

dastigers and Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 337 / 983
Share: