Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @canberratiger

So if this goes ahead:

Brooks gets the forward pack he should have always had, Sheens and Benji get him firing and kills it.

Or

May God have mercy on us all

I literally did the sign of the cross after reading your post!

Please God have some compassion and give this club something 🙏

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

It appears already that quite a lot of fans are thinking the fate of the Tigers rests solely in the palms of Luke Brooks “now that he has a “decent pack to play behind”. Well, the pack has to play like a decent pack before we can all start accusing Brooks for losing games which we will all do right? It’s obvious Sheensy wants Brooks but I think that maybe this time it would’ve been best to tell Luke he’s better off elsewhere, just so Brooks can get away from the inevitable Brooks bashing and, yes, it is inevitable. Maybe Luke will still be released at some point in the near future, I  hope so because everyone will be better off except, perhaps, Sheens.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@frullens I'd say Moses is the main target at the moment all eggs in that basket. Might also help negotiations if he actually wants to play with Brooks

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

It appears already that quite a lot of fans are thinking the fate of the Tigers rests solely in the palms of Luke Brooks “now that he has a “decent pack to play behind”. Well, the pack has to play like a decent pack before we can all start accusing Brooks for losing games which we will all do right? It’s obvious Sheensy wants Brooks but I think that maybe this time it would’ve been best to tell Luke he’s better off elsewhere, just so Brooks can get away from the inevitable Brooks bashing and, yes, it is inevitable. Maybe Luke will still be released at some point in the near future, I  hope so because everyone will be better off except, perhaps, Sheens.

Good post.

The stuff from Pom saying that a Brooks extension is already in the works is a concern. Sheens should be telling the media 'We'll open negotiations with Brooks, Laurie and Douehi after round 6. We want to see them play some footy."

If any of those guys get a contract elsewhere in the meantime good luck to them.

On a side note, with AD not back at training until January I wonder whether Brooks and Laurie will do most of the off season training in the halves? Laurie is an unknown quantity in the halves but I really do think that is is future. He has nothing on kick returns

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @russtutty63

Good post.

The stuff from Pom saying that a Brooks extension is already in the works is a concern. Sheens should be telling the media 'We'll open negotiations with Brooks, Laurie and Douehi after round 6. We want to see them play some footy."

If any of those guys get a contract elsewhere in the meantime good luck to them.

On a side note, with AD not back at training until January I wonder whether Brooks and Laurie will do most of the off season training in the halves? Laurie is an unknown quantity in the halves but I really do think that is is future. He has nothing on kick returns

Laurie at 5/8 is going to happen at some stage for sure.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mickb it would seem Moses might like to partner with brooks again so in that case if they lock in brooks it then allows them to go all in on Moses. It will likely take 1.2 million to be in with a chance at getting Moses but you never know

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

All pretty exciting!

No matter who pulls on our jersey, all I hope is to watch my team put in 100% effort week in week out.

I would just like us to stop being the punchline to a lot of current rugby league jokes.

So... like always I'm 100% behind our boys & in Tim, Benji & Robbie we trust!

When it comes to the new look pack...

From the World Cup, Bateman was play right edge, Papalii was playing left edge.

When it comes to lock... I'd like to see what Blore could offer in this spot when healthy, he was a junior rep lock coming through. Think his defence could really help plug our middle.

Not sure if promoting Matamua straight to the top 30 is required, if he can push his way into the team after 10 rounds all power to him.

Brown would be a nice to have I guess but unsure if required to use a top 30 spot. I think with the experience of the new improved pack we may be able to get away with having a less experienced 13.

Also would love to see a fit Rua Ngatikaura coming from the bench playing a 9/13 type role.

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@frullens The Club should proceed carefully in renegotiating his extension and play wait and see game.

If it doesn’t work out it’s only a short term experiment.

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@jedi-tiger Yes it looks like he is a priority but for me I would go hard for Stephen Crichton or Joseph Suaalii.

Would round off our backline requirements nicely.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy I wonder if Sheens has a plan of starting AD @13…. It could work if he works on his defence.

Watch out for the bergs

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@benji-brasher)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Bit of a dagger in the heart losing Hastings I liked him a lot & gives his all …. I hope this works out well in the long run for us ? in the short term on social media we are gonna cop a hiding as usual especially now it seems like we are going to lose Hastings & re-sign Brooks on less money …. But to be honest if we get Klemmer & Bateman our forward pack looks far better .

my Knights mate is stoked at getting Hastings …. I felt sick lol I have faith Benji & Sheens know what their doing 🥴 I hope .

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@momo-amp-medo Suali would he come to Tigers, he would be good. Stephen Crichton would be a great pick up at fullback I agree

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Wonder if Newcastle make any plays for Douhie that way they can have halves 7. Hastings 6. Douhe and allow ponga to play 1 ? 

Would love us to make a play for stephen Crichton at fullback 

ReplyQuote
(@tigerbennyb)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Like many of us , I just don’t see the obsession this club had with brooks, I just don’t get it, or see what they see. 

klemmer is an excellent pick up, time will tell. 

still a fan of Preston riki from the panthers.

letting Hastings go is silly, just my opinion. 

bateman ? I haven’t watched enough super league to make an informed comment. World Cup I thought he was maybe 6, 6.5/10. 

George Williams was very good , but we are extending brooks until 2030 by the sounds of it. 

ReplyQuote
Page 335 / 947
Share: