Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I’m all for bringing both Woods and Brown back on the right deals (but Klemmer is priority).

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @888

Rationalising a Hastings / Klemmer swap this is what comes to mind:

- Tiges see Hastings as a 13 but he wants to play 7 so might as well get a trade out of it before he signs elsewhere and we are in desperate need of an impact prop.

- if Hastings goes hopefully Sheens / Benji have an organising 7 in their sights for 2024 (Moses or Williams maybe).

- if they can jag a high quality 7 then I don’t mind Brooks having the pressure off him and just being told to be an attacking, running 6 (if he is willing to embrace that role.

- hopefully they have a decent ball playing lock in mind who can also be a solid middle forward. Bateman maybe until Rua or Matamua can grow into the role.

- Moses / Williams and Brooks in the halves along with Api give us a decent spine for 3+ years until the next generation can develop (I believe Sheens sees some real quality in halves and hooker in our Juniors.

Joffa?

I don’t think Joffa has the skills for 13. I wouldn’t mind us playing Bateman there and getting Frizell to play the other edge

and Fifita and Hass off the bench while you are at it.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@lestronge Just want to say, you are always welcome here mate. No matter your thoughts and opinions on Brooks lol

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry lol . Hey man , im not even a fanboy . I’ve said it countless times if he went with a decent replacement I’d be all for it . 

But I’m just a loyal guy . So I try and stick by our own . And not be toxic in my fandom . 
I can’t wait to watch the meltdowns from some on social media next year . Should be good viewing . 

Tiger_Alex, Russtutty63, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @lestronge

@garry lol . Hey man , im not even a fanboy . I’ve said it countless times if he went with a decent replacement I’d be all for it . 

But I’m just a loyal guy . So I try and stick by our own . And not be toxic in my fandom . 
I can’t wait to watch the meltdowns from some on social media next year . Should be good viewing . 

I know mate, but I have seen the day you have had online and just wanted you to know you have my support, even though I am not as big of a Brooks fan as you,

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@garry thanks man . 
But I don’t care about that . I knew what I was doing . It’s only because the brooks debate is always the hottest , that I got involved . 
I should have let it go , but I felt bad for a few of the guys on there . They constantly cop a lot stuff every time they post . 
I honestly was laughing most of the time. There was a couple of times with a certain somebody , I got a bit nasty , but otherwise I was just having a stir for the most part .

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lestronge

Im hoping for a lot of humble pie being eaten if Sheens can flick the switch on Brooks. I really hope he can and I think its possible.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@helmesy yup 💯 against us without Hastings next year.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry Probably has more truth to it than Brooks getting released purely being tigers can replace Hastings at 13 they don't have a 7 to replace Brooks. 

Also we don't know what Hastings is saying behind the scenes he may be telling Sheens I want to play 7 and Sheens is like no you are not. 

I'd say 90% chance Hastings and klemmer swap happens in the next 2 weeks

Yep, I have a feeling this will happen this week. Bateman to be announced to play lock as well.

Honestly don’t know why Bateman would be playing 13 if he comes. I’d really hope for Rua to start at 13 but it would be a big ask. Absolute shame if Jacko is not here come rd 1!!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @mattvtiger

We aren’t playing safe anymore. We are making some bold moves.

I applaud it. We haven’t made the finals in 10 years. We need to shake things up and make some changes. This includes making some decisions which are both difficult and unpopular.

Pretty much spot on mate, I think we a swinging for the fences on a couple of signings but it is what the club needs.

But who in the hell are we going to lock up to come here. If it’s our 3rd or 4th choice, we may as well have stuck with what we have. But as to what I’ve been saying for weeks now. We must lock up some quality forwards first. Because without this, it won’t matter who’s playing 6 or 7. Atm I’d be happy going in with 6 Douehi 7 Brooks 13 Hastings and the inclusion of a Brown or Woods. Maybe one more backrower, but I’d be inclined to press on with Blore. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

1. Just looking at Fox Sports lab stats, not sure how reliable they are by the way, Klemmer ran for about 1.6m more each run than Alex Twal. Klemmer had a tackle break each 13 runs, Twal each 11 runs, Klemmer missed a tackle for every 33 made, Twal every 77 made, Klemmer had plenty more offloads. And that’s probably his greatest asset, offloads and experience. Not sure he’d be our best prop, as some on Twitter seem to think, Stefano I think will be the one who can bend the line & break it occasionally, but for 2nd phase he’d certainly help.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

1. Just looking at Fox Sports lab stats, not sure how reliable they are by the way, Klemmer ran for about 1.6m more each run than Alex Twal. Klemmer had a tackle break each 13 runs, Twal each 11 runs, Klemmer missed a tackle for every 33 made, Twal every 77 made, Klemmer had plenty more offloads. And that’s probably his greatest asset, offloads and experience. Not sure he’d be our best prop, as some on Twitter seem to think, Stefano I think will be the one who can bend the line & break it occasionally, but for 2nd phase he’d certainly help.

if we sign Klemmer imo he will be our best prop by some way (Joe O second. Stef at this stage has a mountain of potential). 

it’s not just the numbers (although they’re very impressive), it’s the way he goes about his job. Klemmer can bend the line with his runs, compare post contact metres between Klemmer and Twal. He’s also aggressive and a pack leader.

Twal is one of those players that looks fantastic on paper but really has very limited impact.

hsvjones and Savvy reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @888

Rationalising a Hastings / Klemmer swap this is what comes to mind:

- Tiges see Hastings as a 13 but he wants to play 7 so might as well get a trade out of it before he signs elsewhere and we are in desperate need of an impact prop.

- if Hastings goes hopefully Sheens / Benji have an organising 7 in their sights for 2024 (Moses or Williams maybe).

- if they can jag a high quality 7 then I don’t mind Brooks having the pressure off him and just being told to be an attacking, running 6 (if he is willing to embrace that role.

- hopefully they have a decent ball playing lock in mind who can also be a solid middle forward. Bateman maybe until Rua or Matamua can grow into the role.

- Moses / Williams and Brooks in the halves along with Api give us a decent spine for 3+ years until the next generation can develop (I believe Sheens sees some real quality in halves and hooker in our Juniors.

Joffa?

I don’t think Joffa has the skills for 13. I wouldn’t mind us playing Bateman there and getting Frizell to play the other edge

and Fifita and Hass off the bench while you are at it.

it’s unlikely (Frizell) but I don’t think it’s impossible. By all reports they want him gone, and we have the money to spend. 

we don’t need Haas if we have Woodsy coming lol

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/breakfast-with-vossy-and-brandy/ Riccio from DT speaking about Hastings Klemmer swap this morning. Sounds more as if Ayoub is trying to get the Knights to offer Hastings a long term deal. Refers to Knights football manager Peter Parr as a 'good man.' Nothing he says indicates that the deal is close

Brooks and Hastings both due at training today?

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@avocadoontoast Klemmer’s post contact metres generally come from him standing in tackles and walking a metre or two whilst players try to lock up the ball. The defensive line has more time to set for the next tackle. He doesn’t bend the line or get quick play the balls like a Lenui might get. He has some attributes that would help I’m sure but I wouldn’t get carried away if he signed, others might, I won’t.

ReplyQuote
Page 328 / 1067
Share: