Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

@avocadoontoast Klemmer’s post contact metres generally come from him standing in tackles and walking a metre or two whilst players try to lock up the ball. The defensive line has more time to set for the next tackle. He doesn’t bend the line or get quick play the balls like a Lenui might get. He has some attributes that would help I’m sure but I wouldn’t get carried away if he signed, others might, I won’t.

You're right about Leniu having more impact but that's because he only plays ~20 minutes a game. Klemmer plays 60-70 minutes a game. Having someone like Klemmer in your team allows you to have a Leniu. They're different props - both excellent.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@avocadoontoast Klemmer’s post contact metres generally come from him standing in tackles and walking a metre or two whilst players try to lock up the ball. The defensive line has more time to set for the next tackle. He doesn’t bend the line or get quick play the balls like a Lenui might get. He has some attributes that would help I’m sure but I wouldn’t get carried away if he signed, others might, I won’t.

You're right about Leniu having more impact but that's because he only plays ~20 minutes a game. Klemmer plays 60-70 minutes a game. Having someone like Klemmer in your team allows you to have a Leniu. They're different props - both excellent.

Klemmer, Leniu and Stefano would be a great mix.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast Yes but I’d prefer a Rueben Cotter or a JFH or Paulo etc than Klemmer who is a plodder to me. As I say he’d offer something we don’t have but I wouldn’t get carried away with him. I’d be happy to see him at the club but my expectations wouldn’t be all that great.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Apparently Bateman’s partner and child are already in Australia.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Apparently Bateman’s partner and child are already in Australia.

She is Australian apparently.

He also has an older kid that is still in England.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast Yes but I’d prefer a Rueben Cotter or a JFH or Paulo etc than Klemmer who is a plodder to me. As I say he’d offer something we don’t have but I wouldn’t get carried away with him. I’d be happy to see him at the club but my expectations wouldn’t be all that great.

id rather JFH or Paulo too, but of those that are possible additions, I’d say Klemmer is the best we can get for now.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy I can't see us ever getting Leniu hope I am wrong

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Leniu would be a fantastic addition. I can picture it now, Leniu takes the first hitup, Pole takes the second, we stroll through for a try on the third. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

DT reporting both Klemmer and Hastings told not to attend training today. Sounds like it's happening.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

In terms of our recruitment and retention, the conventional wisdom is that we will look for players that fill roles that mirror the offensive setup of many of the top NRL teams (i.e. No.13 link man etc).

I think we have spent the last 11 years since Sheens departure trying to mimic the success of the Storm, Roosters and maybe more recently the Panthers..

However the best teams innovate in terms of the attacking and defensive structures. They have taken a risk to buck the trend. 

I hope we are both attempting to take that risk and that it pays off.

Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast how ridiculous. Hastings offers the club a way forward. Brooks typifies everything that is wrong with WT. We're club with so much potential but plauged by bad decision making.

Knights visit Leichardt in Rd 2 so pressure will be on the Sheenius from the outset. What a silly old fool he is 🙁

Skippa13 and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mickb

@avocadoontoast how ridiculous. Hastings offers the club a way forward. Brooks typifies everything that is wrong with WT. We're club with so much potential but plauged by bad decision making.

Knights visit Leichardt in Rd 2 so pressure will be on the Sheenius from the outset. What a silly old fool he is 🙁

We'll miss his organisational skills but he's no world beater. If it means getting Klemmer and Bateman (as they don't like each other apparently) i'm ok with it.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @mickb

We'll miss his organisational skills but he's no world beater. If it means getting Klemmer and Bateman (as they don't like each other apparently) i'm ok with it.

So your ok with Brooks leading the team around the park?

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@celtic_tiger god no. I think I’ve been pretty vocal that Brooks has zero organisational skills. I’m hoping we’ve either signed someone to play 7 or they’re going to be getting Api to steer us around from 9.

I value Bateman and Klemmer coming higher than Hastings staying.

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast you've left out the fact that Knights were so desperate they were prepared to take Brooks on full freight. The fact that Sheens persisted with public calls to keep Brooks is criminal.

Brooks may go on to earn close to $1.5 mill in 2023 (factoring in the expected cap increase). Hastings might be on $500k for 2023.

This is salary cap negligence of the highest order.

Think about what we could have done with $1mill extra in the cap?

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 329 / 947
Share: