Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Fwiw I heard a few months ago we were talking to David Fafita. Haven’t heard anything since and with Papi and possibly Bateman I don’t know where we would play him.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I guess for something similar to work in a NRL draft where picks are allotted a points value and where the previous season’s worst performing clubs receive the most points to bid with a club could receive a discount if using their points to bid on a local junior. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @russtutty63

@garry I did read something about discounts for clubs with academies. Not quite sure how that worked. Father/son discounts I think are part of it too.

The father son rule allows a team to draft a player who's father played for that team. It still costs them a draft pick.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@russtutty63 The Club academies are only for the Northern Clubs, i.e NSW and QLD to allow them to develop some local talent.

The Next Generation Academies have regions assigned to each club to allow them to develop indigenous players.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @russtutty63

I guess for something similar to work in a NRL draft where picks are allotted a points value and where the previous season’s worst performing clubs receive the most points to bid with a club could receive a discount if using their points to bid on a local junior. 

I don't really see that working.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

So, Knights targeting Hastings.

If he goes, who plays that ball-playing lock roll?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

If it happened, there is a lot of ball playing between Joffa, Papali'i and Bateman. IMO you dont need your 13 to be a distributor like a half but its good that they have a passing game to have two lines of attack inside and outside the half.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

If it happened, there is a lot of ball playing between Joffa, Papali'i and Bateman. IMO you dont need your 13 to be a distributor like a half but its good that they have a passing game to have two lines of attack inside and outside the half.

The more critical question for me is who plays 7 if Hastings leaves and guides the team around the park?

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

The more critical question for me is who plays 7 if Hastings leaves and guides the team around the park?

Sheens seems to think Brooks is the man for the job.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Wests Tigers are very busy in the transfer market.

Their is uncertainty over the futures of playmakers Jackson Hastings, Adam Doueihi and Luke Brooks especially as they chase Parramatta Eels’ Mitchell Moses.

Newcastle Knights meanwhile are chasing Luke Brooks but could instead signing Jackson Hastings according to reports.

The two clubs have been involved in a lot of discussions with the Tigers interested in David Klemmer as well as Tyson Frizell.

However, Fox League has reported that a move for Frizell would only happen if their pursuit of Wigan Warriors’ John Bateman failed.

The Tigers are said to be ready to pay $250,000 to Wigan for the services of Bateman and according to the Daily Telegraph Bateman would then agree a three-year deal with the Tigers.

However, Fox League are saying that a move for Frizell would come if their pursuit of Bateman failed suggesting that perhaps the arrangement isn’t quite the done deal many believed it was.

Could Bateman still be at Wigan next season?

Bateman’s focus will presently be on England and the Rugby League World Cup semi-final against Samoa in London at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

If they win they will meet either Australia or New Zealand in the final as they prepare to battle at Elland Road on Friday.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wests-tigers-have-contingency-plan-in-their-pursuit-of-wigan-warriors-star-john-bateman-62020/

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

How can a guy that has coached 4 premierships be so wrong?

Brooks was very, very close to being dropped mid way through last season. 

Im thinking the standoff that we’re in is due to 2 key factors

1. Brooks has a 3 year contract in front of him from the Knights but is holding out in the hope that WT offer him a multi year deal. He doesnt want to leave Sydney.

2. WT board doesnt want to offer Brooks a multi year contract despite pleas from Sheenius to do so.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Wests Tigers are very busy in the transfer market.

Their is uncertainty over the futures of playmakers Jackson Hastings, Adam Doueihi and Luke Brooks especially as they chase Parramatta Eels’ Mitchell Moses.

Newcastle Knights meanwhile are chasing Luke Brooks but could instead signing Jackson Hastings according to reports.

The two clubs have been involved in a lot of discussions with the Tigers interested in David Klemmer as well as Tyson Frizell.

However, Fox League has reported that a move for Frizell would only happen if their pursuit of Wigan Warriors’ John Bateman failed.

The Tigers are said to be ready to pay $250,000 to Wigan for the services of Bateman and according to the Daily Telegraph Bateman would then agree a three-year deal with the Tigers.

However, Fox League are saying that a move for Frizell would come if their pursuit of Bateman failed suggesting that perhaps the arrangement isn’t quite the done deal many believed it was.

Could Bateman still be at Wigan next season?

Bateman’s focus will presently be on England and the Rugby League World Cup semi-final against Samoa in London at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

If they win they will meet either Australia or New Zealand in the final as they prepare to battle at Elland Road on Friday.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wests-tigers-have-contingency-plan-in-their-pursuit-of-wigan-warriors-star-john-bateman-62020/

Why is Frizell suddenly back on our radar? This is turning into a complete circus!

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb

1. Brooks has a 3 year contract in front of him from the Knights but is holding out in the hope that WT offer him a multi year deal. He doesnt want to leave Sydney.

2. WT board doesnt want to offer Brooks a multi year contract despite pleas from Sheenius to do so.

If they let Hastings go and keep Brooks, and then struggle in 2023 the fans will be ready to revolt.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mickb

If they let Hastings go and keep Brooks, and then struggle in 2023 the fans will be ready to revolt.

Surely this can’t happen but if it does Sheens won’t see the season out.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy don't think we will let Hastings or Brooks go in 2023 

Douhie is the player not in demand, where he goes or stays will be interesting 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 318 / 1067
Share: