Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy Don't forget the fox sports are the same idiots that for a year have said Brooks was going to Newcastle. If that was a done deal like they said it would be done by now. 

For 12 months they couldn't even get Brooks salary correct to start with. 

Absolute BS article Sheens might be stubborn but Ge is not an idiot, if Newcastle don't release klemmer then we will look elsewhere  don't think we will release Hastings or Brooks a year early.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy Don't forget the fox sports are the same idiots that for a year have said Brooks was going to Newcastle. If that was a done deal like they said it would be done by now. 

Absolute BS article Sheens might be stubborn but Ge is not an idiot, if Newcastle don't release klemmer then we will look elsewhere  don't think we will release Hastings or Brooks a year early.

Would be nice to just know what’s going on!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy we will mate in good time can't rush these things...

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Would be nice to just know what’s going on!

I reckon things will start to open up post World Cup. I think Bateman will be the first domino to fall.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 agree I think Bateman will be here.Key will be what Moses does, think if we get Moses Brooks will either stay or go to Parramatta. 

If we miss Moses then have no idea what will happen 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 would like to have in 2024 not saying will happen 

13. Hastings

7. Moses

6. Brooks 

would mean Douhie is the player who goes

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If our whole halves strategy depends on signing Moses for 2024 then it’s an absolute folly.

At best we’re about a 10% chance of landing him, in all likelihood him and Brown both re sign with Parra with the new increased salary cap making this much more likely.

Even if he doesn’t stay at Parra we certainly won’t be the only show in town looking for his signature.

We need to sincerely hope there’s a plan B.

ReplyQuote
(@hodgo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy and we should imo

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

If our whole halves strategy depends on signing Moses for 2024 then it’s an absolute folly.

At best we’re about a 10% chance of landing him, in all likelihood him and Brown both re sign with Parra with the new increased salary cap making this much more likely.

Even if he doesn’t stay at Parra we certainly won’t be the only show in town looking for his signature.

We need to be looking outside the club, at least 2 of our halves options are not strong enough.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Dirty Reds and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

@mike I don't think I am, I know many people who agree with me, but even if I am it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours, or am I only allowed to state my opinion if I agree with you?

I'll state mine again, I think a draft in the NRL is a bad idea. Personally it would fundamentally change our I support the game and take a lot of my enjoyment of rugby league away. 

I also don't think it would work well because currently the clubs do all the development of players, we don't have a collegial system that could develop the players so the NRL would have to be responsible for player development, which would require the creation of completely new lower tier systems that would be a financial drain on the games resources.

I also believe that Madge was a dud coach and the SFS would be an inappropriate place for Wests Tigers Home games.

Of course you can have a different opinion to me. Doesn’t make yours any more valid than mine. You were the one who said I might be taking to the wrong people. I was just marking the point that perhaps you were in your silo. Equally valid. Bring on a draft. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

I just really can’t see him coming back at all.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Assuming the ‘cap’ is raised to over $10 million here’s a question for those who want the club to go after Moses. If the club was to offer him 5 years, and let’s make it 5 so the offer has greater security from his point of view, how much should the club pay? $5 million, $6million, $7 million? 
And let’s do the same for a forward of your choice. 
I think if club, Benji in particular, really wants Moses they have to put an offer that is overs and hard to match so I’d say $7million over 5 years. If he doesn’t come for that he just doesn’t want to play at the club. I’d offer Leniu $3.5 million over 5 years. Plan B would be Royce Hunt $3 million over 5 years.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Doesn’t look like the CBA between the players and NRL bosses is anywhere near sorted yet. Might be a week or two away from any signing news. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @russtutty63

Doesn’t look like the CBA between the players and NRL bosses is anywhere near sorted yet. Might be a week or two away from any signing news. 

I'm hearing it won't be done before Christmas.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry Doesn’t sound good. The only positive for us right now is we might be one of few clubs who can make a big offer to the likes of Moses. On the flip-side of that is the question of managers telling their clients to wait because of the CBA.

ReplyQuote
Page 319 / 933
Share: