(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@jedi-tiger yep RTS, Clarke, Fifita, Bateman and Klemmer and we’d be cooking

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

As expected, it’s false. He just confirmed as much.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

As expected, it’s false. He just confirmed as much.

We thought we had them 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @helmesy

The salary cap isn’t properly distributing the talent adequately, so yes it should be looked at.

I have no interest in a draft in the NRL.

We know. Just about everyone else I chat to does though. Bring in the Draft I say. 

Maybe you speak to the wrong people.

Maybe you’re a silo when it comes to the NRL draft.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@mike I don't think I am, I know many people who agree with me, but even if I am it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours, or am I only allowed to state my opinion if I agree with you?

I'll state mine again, I think a draft in the NRL is a bad idea. Personally it would fundamentally change our I support the game and take a lot of my enjoyment of rugby league away. 

I also don't think it would work well because currently the clubs do all the development of players, we don't have a collegial system that could develop the players so the NRL would have to be responsible for player development, which would require the creation of completely new lower tier systems that would be a financial drain on the games resources.

I also believe that Madge was a dud coach and the SFS would be an inappropriate place for Wests Tigers Home games.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry Just curious Garry, do you know how the AFL draft works? I haven’t really looked into it, just know it’s the young blokes who go into it.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@russtutty63 I don't, but should probably look at it as I would think that would be the model we would go with.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

So here we are Hooper strikes now, with the rubbish articles around Jackson Hastings to Newcastle potentially for 2024.

The same as with Brooks even if Hastings were to leave in 2024 why on earth would tigers make Newcastle stronger in 2023 by giving them a 7

These journos are unbelievable 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

So here we are Hooper strikes now, with the rubbish articles around Jackson Hastings to Newcastle potentially for 2024.

The same as with Brooks even if Hastings were to leave in 2024 why on earth would tigers make Newcastle stronger in 2023 by giving them a 7

An even more pertinent question is why are Newcastle targeting the halves from the team that got the wooden spoon. Surely they could aim higher.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast who really wants to go there, O'Brien is shocking

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry Seems to work but don’t know the nuts and bolts of how it’s all carried out. Would be interesting to know. Might have a go looking at it later, doubt I’ll enjoy it.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast who really wants to go there, O'Brien is shocking

He's better than Madge, but that's not really much of a wrap.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@russtutty63 in the AFL players nominate for the draft the year they turn 18. Up until that point they are not attached to an AFL club. 

To work in the NRL you would need to remove the clubs with NRL affiliations from the JNR grades and replace them with NRL funded teams. Clubs, including associated leagues clubs would no longer support JNR teams. You would lose the opportunity like the current Penrith team that is built on the back of local jnrs and turn clubs into franchises and not traditional football clubs.

I don't really like that idea 

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

with the rubbish articles around Jackson Hastings to Newcastle potentially for 2024.

I think he has been lazy an reading the garbage on fan forums....

Clickbait

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry I did read something about discounts for clubs with academies. Not quite sure how that worked. Father/son discounts I think are part of it too.

ReplyQuote
Page 317 / 940
Share: