Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry Ha, ha, not sure I like him Garry but I did think he had pace from the brief look I got at him. I’d need to se more to make a good assessment. Have you seen much of him? 

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Exclusive: Understand Oliver Gildart is set for an immediate return to Super League with Leeds Rhinos, but will NOT make the move permanent after securing a deal with a new NRL club.

Peter A and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @russtutty63

@garry Ha, ha, not sure I like him Garry but I did think he had pace from the brief look I got at him. I’d need to se more to make a good assessment. Have you seen much of him? 

No but he is Papalili's house mate and we might see him in our colours.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @kenny4517

Exclusive: Understand Oliver Gildart is set for an immediate return to Super League with Leeds Rhinos, but will NOT make the move permanent after securing a deal with a new NRL club.

Excellent news

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

Posted by: @tigerlily

Oliver Gildart rumour going around that his heading back to the UK to play out the rest of the season with Leeds.

And returning next season to Aus to play with another team, whisper’s are it’s the Dolphins.

Leeds Rhinos set to land Oliver Gildart before centre signs for new NRL club

Exclusive: The Rhinos are set to add the England international, but may have to move a player on to secure him for the rest of the season.

Oliver Gildart is testing himself in the NRL with Wests Tigers.

Oliver Gildart is set for a shock return to Super League with Leeds Rhinos. Rugby League Live understands a deal has been agreed in principle that will see the Wests Tigers centre link up with the Rhinos for the rest of the season.

However, the deal will not be a permanent one, with the former Wigan Warriors star set to sign for the new NRL outfit Redcliffe Dolphins in 2023. The 25-year-old is understood to have agreed on a deal with Wayne Bennett's side but will be allowed to leave his current club with immediate effect.

Gildart has dropped down the pecking order since his arrival down under and has recently been training away from the first team. As a result, it's thought Gildart's motivation to make the move stems from his desire to feature in the World Cup at the end of the season. The 25-year-old is keen to maximise his opportunities and fears that ending the year away from first grade would hamper his chances of making Shaun Wane's squad.

That's where the Rhinos have come in, though it's thought there is a potential salary cap stumbling block which may result in Leeds needing to move a player out in order to get him in for the rest of the season.

Leeds moved Jack Walker to Hull FC for the remainder of the season though it's unclear whether that has opened up enough space to secure Gildart. It's thought that there could be another outgoing this week. Liam Sutcliffe was last week linked with a move to Hull FC though his agent, Craig Harrison, played down the suggestion that Sutcliffe would be making any decisions on his future before the end of the season.

Gildart has played eight times for the Tigers since his move to the NRL but hasn't featured for over two months, his last appearance came on May 7th in a defeat to Manly Sea Eagles.

However, he has been offered a new opportunity down under with Redcliffe by Bennett, who worked with Gildart during his time as England and Great Britain head coach. For now, his focus is on finding form that will help him land a World Cup spot, with England boasting plenty of options in the position ahead of the tournament.

It's unclear when Gildart will arrive and if he'll be able to feature in Leeds' clash with Toulouse Olympique this Saturday.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/oliver-gildart-leeds-rhinos-redcliffe-24477336

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

any idea what coin Gildart was on ?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Team for 2024 would be good if we could look at

1. Laurie / Dykes / Staines

2. Nofo

3. Douhie 

4. Naden

5. Maumalo 

6. Brooks

7. Moses

8. Joffa

9. Api

10. Stef

11. Pole

12. Papali

13. Hastings

14. Blore

15. Matamua

16. Twal

17. Musgrave

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry Podcast up today? Some news you guys might want to chat about.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Replying to my own reply, and why not? I ask myself. Just saw it’s on the wireless so I’ll stick in the airy pod in give it a listen. 

ReplyQuote
(@the_pom)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Sheens isn't wasting time now with the official announcement, busy 2 weeks ahead meeting with managers of Laurie, Hastings & Doueihi.

He also is speaking with Nathan Browns new management Crown about what he's after & a potential move in 2023.

Brandon Tumeth is also on the verge of debut & re-signing to be in the clubs top 30 in 2023.

Jacob Liddle close to an immediate switch to the Dragons.

Forever 9th, Barra, MickeyB and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @the_pom

Sheens isn't wasting time now with the official announcement, busy 2 weeks ahead meeting with managers of Laurie, Hastings & Doueihi.

He also is speaking with Nathan Browns new management Crown about what he's after & a potential move in 2023.

Brandon Tumeth is also on the verge of debut & re-signing to be in the clubs top 30 in 2023.

Good to see you posting mate, welcome to the forum 

Barra, Kenny4517, Joel Helmes and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

@the_pom good to see Tumeth stay and I think Brown adds a lot of value if he replaces Tamou. Is Kade Dykes still a chance?

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

THanks for the info. Good to see you here and welcome.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Liddle wasn't at training yesterday so I think it might be done.

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Welcome mate and thanks for posting. Great to have you here.

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 140 / 1067
Share: