Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @snake

@craegus I had premium tickets at Combank and anyone I spoke to with the same membership only had positive vibes for the place .. the Parra narrative is white noise and nothing else . Travelled there by car for years never paid a cent as if you do not mind a 5 minute easy walk there are hundreds of streets with no parking limitations ! Considering there are few day games there a good hat and sun glasses does suffice!

white noise ? 

nothing says you are at a home ground quiet like coming out of the ground and seeing the Eel on the side of Parramatta Leagues Club, no surprise given we are in Parramatta

Other problem with Parramatta stadium is your members and premium ticketing is looking straight into the sun for the games, but to be fair Richo's Corporates will have the gun seating and this is what the club seems to want to hang its hat on, corporate offering and not so much season ticketing members. 

One thing Sydney Football Stadium and Homebush have going for it is it is not situated right next door to a competitors leagues club. 

In my opinion it has to be Homebush over the other two choices. 

Just a damn shame it’s so big and not the right shape. Everything else is perfect.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@jedi-tiger I think the seating on the Eastern side is definitely a design flaw with the stadium. The otherside being entirely corporate really diminishes the experience for the core spectator. 

personally I’m not fussed by the leagues club next door but can see why others are. 

for me it is the leagues club and that it is in enemy territory. 

The stadium itself is good for night games but agree the corporate boxes on the other side is a joke and poorly designed. It is the only stadium in Australia where ALL your members seating is looking into the sun for day games.

Not good enough

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @snake

@craegus I had premium tickets at Combank and anyone I spoke to with the same membership only had positive vibes for the place .. the Parra narrative is white noise and nothing else . Travelled there by car for years never paid a cent as if you do not mind a 5 minute easy walk there are hundreds of streets with no parking limitations ! Considering there are few day games there a good hat and sun glasses does suffice!

white noise ? 

nothing says you are at a home ground quiet like coming out of the ground and seeing the Eel on the side of Parramatta Leagues Club, no surprise given we are in Parramatta

Other problem with Parramatta stadium is your members and premium ticketing is looking straight into the sun for the games, but to be fair Richo's Corporates will have the gun seating and this is what the club seems to want to hang its hat on, corporate offering and not so much season ticketing members. 

One thing Sydney Football Stadium and Homebush have going for it is it is not situated right next door to a competitors leagues club. 

In my opinion it has to be Homebush over the other two choices. 

Just a damn shame it’s so big and not the right shape. Everything else is perfect.

agree the stadium seating at homebush is the issue and I get it is far away from playing field. They need to turn it into a rectangular stadium,

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson has conceded Campbelltown Stadium could get less games, rather than more under the club’s new stadium strategy, but pledged that the joint venture would no longer neglect the region.

The Tigers currently split home games equally between Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium but will release a revamped stadium strategy within the next 90 days.

The club’s stadium policy was put under the spotlight in recent weeks after the club pledged to abandon Leichhardt Oval in 2025 unless funding was secured to upgrade the dilapidated venue.

Accor and CommBank Stadiums both have first class corporate facilities and have been floated as potential venues for home games in 2025.

Richardson told this masthead any decision would be based not only on the bottom line, but future plans for growth.

“There’s no view to bring more games here, the question mark is whether we keep the same number here,” Richardson said.

“We are actually taking a really strategic view, with the (Campbelltown City) council who are doing the centre of excellence out here, looking at corporate growth in the region … it’s the same with Leichhardt.

“Nothing happened with Inner West Council that we hadn’t talked to them about before hand.

“It’s the same with Venues NSW.

“When we are negotiating contracts I don’t want to give out anything on what we may or may not do.

“Within 90 days we’ll know where we are playing for the next three years.”

Speaking at the official opening of the Tigers’ Campbelltown office, Richardson said the club could not afford to ignore the region given a renewed focus on junior development and building pathways.

“It’s a no-brainer, how we did it before I’ll never know,” Richardson said.

“It’s the largest growth of any region in Australia. It’s a region that fits in with rugby league as a working class region as well as corporately. We have a goal that we are not a recruit club, we are a development club.

“The people here today from Wests Group Macarthur, and the council, have been alienated from us for a long while.

“They felt we haven’t committed and did the right thing by them. It’s about rebuilding those relationships.”

The Tigers’ nursery in south western Sydney, which takes in Campbelltown and Macarthur, now boasts as many juniors as the Penrith Panthers.

The Tigers boast as many juniors as the Panthers and are hoping that can turn them into a juggernaut in years to come. Picture: Warren Gannon Photography

The club is hoping the investment in western Sydney will not just boost junior numbers but turn the Tigers into a juggernaut on the field in a similar fashion to the Panthers, who have won three-straight NRL titles on the back of its pathways system.

There has already been some early success. The Western Suburbs Magpies Harold Matthews (under 17s) outfit, which feature boom NRL rookie Lachlan Galvin won the title in 2022, and this year’s outfit ha gone through the season undefeated.

For Richardson, who was at the helm at Penrith when the club won a second title in 2003 after being perennial underachievers, the key to success isn’t just in the numbers but in making the right retention choices.

More Coverag“We’ve got 9,000 juniors, hoping for 10,000 next year,” Richardson said.

“I was at Penrith when we went from wooden spooners to premiers with eight juniors back in 2003.

“I’ve always know the important of developing players. We’ve got a system that is growing at the same rate as Penrith’s. The secret is having successful Matts and Ball teams, it’s making sure you don’t lose the ones that matter, who can go on and play NRL.”

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Richo is going to upset some people with his stadium plan. Sounds like max 2 LO, max 5 CSS. That leaves 5 for a big stadium. Could very well be 8 big stadium, 2 LO and 2 CSS. Or indeed 8 big, 4 CSS, zero LO.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Richo might not be around in 2025 who knows

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/8588865/tale-of-two-cities-shows-why-tigers-need-campbelltown/

Richo has killed the Liverpool option

We don’t need a boutique stadium at Liverpool 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mike

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/8588865/tale-of-two-cities-shows-why-tigers-need-campbelltown/

dogs and tigers could have shared liverpool and pushed for funding together with government 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

dogs and tigers could have shared liverpool and pushed for funding together with government 

It would have been a small stadium and it would never had suited the Wests Tigers. It was a stupid idea from day one and I told Pascoe such. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

It would have been a small stadium and it would never had suited the Wests Tigers. It was a stupid idea from day one and I told Pascoe such. 

Yeah I agree. But eventually somewhere in that south west corridor there’s going to have to be a stadium built that sits 30,000.

Be that Campbelltown, up towards the airport or out the back of Liverpool it will be needed.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

Yeah I agree. But eventually somewhere in that south west corridor there’s going to have to be a stadium built that sits 30,000.

Be that Campbelltown, up towards the airport or out the back of Liverpool it will be needed.

You could do that at CSS. Just needs the incentive and funding to do so. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Telegraph:

The Tigers currently share their games between Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium but Richardson has held talks with Venues NSW this week as he weighs up consolidating the majority of their games at one of the city’s bigger stadiums.

Accor and Commbank Stadiums seem the most viable options as the club looks to increase membership and generate more revenue from home games.

“I would like to think that by the end of May we will know where we are going,” Richardson said.

“We’re gathering all the information, putting all the finances together and then putting together a plan for the next three years.

gun to my head I would choose Commbank. Might just get GA membership and sit in the shade however 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

I think it’s pretty clear we are moving to one of the major stadiums. Only questions are which one? And do we play any at LO or CSS? 

My guess is: 

8 Parramatta Stadium 

1 at LO 

3 at CSS 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’m still holding out small hope that we go Allianz instead of Commbank or Accor. I’d guess that the state government would be keen to get a new tenant at Commbank and it ticks richos corporate box (it’s basically built for corporates) so that is where we end up. We are getting sold out home games all the time now so not hard to imagine we end up mid 20k at Commbank regularly.

Eastiemagpie, Joel Helmes, Dirty Reds and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 129 / 131
Share: