Home ground Thread

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

-- attachment is not available --

https://x.com/clintmaynard2gb/status/1772409145016135974?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

Not unexpected tbh.

That's that then. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

all that is left is seeing what vlandys might be able to conjure up with the GF, put the pressure on Minns that way send the GF to Qld see if 10% of Penrith funds can magically appear then 

other than that that is it as doubt Albo would tip in any money federally 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger It’s already be stated the Grand Final will be a moving entity in the future .. will go to the highest bidder as it is with the NFL . Forget the NRL for money there will be no money from anyone . It’s already been decided IMO!

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I don’t understand this request for 10% of the money Penrith is getting for their stadium. $30m or so is not going to fund much of an upgrade to LO. Many more dollars are required  to refurbish/ update an ageing LO.  Same with CSS. Both of our home grounds need a significant rebuild to service a club with ambition.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @snake

@jedi-tiger It’s already be stated the Grand Final will be a moving entity in the future .. will go to the highest bidder as it is with the NFL . Forget the NRL for money there will be no money from anyone . It’s already been decided IMO!

what vlandys has said in the past is to state government provide some funding for suburban grounds or risk GF being moved. He signs 1 year deals at present.

Old PVL generally gets what he wants, he is still in control of racing nsw and Minns will be desperate to get the Rosehill development over the line, that will require a vote from the rosehill members. Vlandys has a lot of sway with racing participants etc

I just wonder if there is more to play out on stadium funding for suburban grounds like LO CSS and Kogarah oval. 

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Richo is in a win-win situation here. He clearly has his sights set on Accor but has left the door open for Leichhardt should a funding miracle occur that will substantially increase capacity as well as amenities, otherwise he has clearly stated his case.

I agree with it, all the lovers of Leichhardt should get to the last game and take a selfie for the pool room. A new era has begun, and the Hill will soon be a fond memory to reminisce.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @barra

Richo is in a win-win situation here. He clearly has his sights set on Accor but has left the door open for Leichhardt should a funding miracle occur that will substantially increase capacity as well as amenities, otherwise he has clearly stated his case.

I agree with it, all the lovers of Leichhardt should get to the last game and take a selfie for the pool room. A new era has begun, and the Hill will soon be a fond memory to reminisce.

will be interesting to see how many LO members follow or have the Edgar's

I am rusted on so probably still attend but won't buy membership for Accor. if we do play some at CSS I would keep my membership there

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

100% Richo is positioning this perfectly. He would know behind the scenes what the NSW governments position is on LO. He needs cover to get out of LO and blame someone else. 

it would be interesting to see what the councils really want out of this. If we pull all games from CSS, would they care? Is that a way to pressure them for funding?

This post was modified 1 month ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

If I step back it is a sad moment. The rusted on’s that stuck through the disaster of the last 12 years are likely the people most passionate about staying at LO. Without them we maybe would have folded as a club and we definately would not have had the petition that has led to this revolution at the club. I firmly believe that a move to a modern stadium will ultimately lead us to our ultimate goal of being a super club but it will come at the cost of taking away from those true fans one of the things they love most about supporting the Tigers. Hopefully it can be replaced with a much more successful result on and off the field.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I think it's time to consider how the players and coaches feel about the so-called mystique of playing NRL at LO. I thought Marshall and Api were ambivalent, at best, about the added significance of the win over the Sharks being at LO. And, the WT win record at LO over the recent past is ordinary. It's not the diehard LO fans who are going to turn this joint around. If it's time to abandon LO, then so be it.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I think it's time to consider how the players and coaches feel about the so-called mystique of playing NRL at LO. I thought Marshall and Api were ambivalent, at best, about the added significance of the win over the Sharks being at LO. And, the WT win record at LO over the recent past is ordinary. It's not the diehard LO fans who are going to turn this joint around. If it's time to abandon LO, then so be it.

Leichardt oval wests tigers since 2000

Played 94; 52 Wins, 41 Losses, 1 Draw. so about 55% even taking into affect our poor last 12 years

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

So now Vlandys when asked has said if the council gives nrl LO he may be interested in funding a redevelopment. 

Interesting if true I mean they were buying pubs in Qld etc, but the nrl buying a ground might be a bit of a suprise. 

A bit to play out yet I think

Vlandys normally pulls the right reignand gets things done,  with things such as Everest, Vegas perhaps he sees something in a boutique stadium for the nrl

if the nrl can buy LO it might allow the club to then go hunting for a development for CSS 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @barra

Ive already been to the last game at Leichhardt Oval…it was 30 years ago (1994). 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

So now Vlandys when asked has said if the council gives nrl LO he may be interested in funding a redevelopment. 

Interesting if true I mean they were buying pubs in Qld etc, but the nrl buying a ground might be a bit of a suprise. 

A bit to play out yet I think

Vlandys normally pulls the right reignand gets things done,  with things such as Everest, Vegas perhaps he sees something in a boutique stadium for the nrl

if the nrl can buy LO it might allow the club to then go hunting for a development for CSS 

There is no way the NRL will be able to buy a publically owned asset 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 119 / 131
Share: