Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Anyone who supports LO in its current form needs to explain where the next 5000 members seats will be.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@helmesy At long last a leader at our club ! The ingredient that has been missing for a decade .

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs It’s self interest the one thing that has hobbled this club for 25yrs.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Playing out of LO in its current state is managed decline. The new management has much bigger ambitions and despite going to LO for the last 35 years it is clear to me that its time is passed. I am trying to bring my 3 kids into the club as the future members and despite my love of standing on the hill drinking tinnies, it cannot cater for these new members. Literally it has no where to put them. There is basically no decent members seats still available and we have the lowest membership base in the league. 

there is still members seats in the latchem stand sat either side of me to 4 sharks fans who bought tickets on the Tuesday $65 a seat. There are seats available no members taking them I guess... 

Don't know what place is the answer, CSS is not unless it gets an upgrade.

That leaves us with the nig stadium which are great for parking and convenience  but they lack something 

if we move and lose membership  and we don't increase our membership over yhe next few years we are in a hell of a lot of trouble. We may have plenty of the corporates sipping champagne but if we don't get actually members we are in trouble. If Richo moves stadiums and we don't get a membership bounce back then the board will need to look at it. Conversely if we get  an increase I  membership then he has pulled the right reign probably will take a few seasons to see the outcome

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @snake

@jedi-tiger The wests group already have Balmain’s pokies and license from memory .. I brought the idea up for  a club in the Accor site a decade ago. Meriton high rises everywhere in that precinct would have been the idea a boutique club on the ground floor of one .Maybe this could be used if Accor is in the frame for a deal as the Olympic authority needs to tick off on something like a venue  in the area.

Meriton and HBG need to put heads together if that is the move to Accor agreed

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

LO is outdated and not up to standard and that’s coming from someone who has been going there since 1965. Try standing on the hill with 3 grandchildren i dare not take the others 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Playing out of LO in its current state is managed decline. The new management has much bigger ambitions and despite going to LO for the last 35 years it is clear to me that its time is passed. I am trying to bring my 3 kids into the club as the future members and despite my love of standing on the hill drinking tinnies, it cannot cater for these new members. Literally it has no where to put them. There is basically no decent members seats still available and we have the lowest membership base in the league. 

there is still members seats in the latchem stand sat either side of me to 4 sharks fans who bought tickets on the Tuesday $65 a seat. There are seats available no members taking them I guess... 

That leaves us with the nig stadium which are great for parking and convenience  but they lack something 

if we move and lose membership  and we don't increase our membership over yhe next few years we are in a hell of a lot of trouble. We may have plenty of the corporates sipping champagne but if we don't get actually members we are in trouble. If Richo moves stadiums and we don't get a membership bounce back then the board will need to look at it. Conversely if we get  an increase I  membership then he has pulled the right reign probably will take a few seasons to see the outcome

Jedi winning and making finals will take care of membership 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Hopefully someone can post what has just dropped in the Telegraph.. never has there been an illustration of why this club needs to move from these suburban grounds . These so called supporters are disgusting in this world we live in , they go to Leichhardt for this reason it’s probable the only place they can act this way , glad I was not there with my grandkids security would of been involved then .The club needs to rectify this immediately !

This post was modified 1 month ago by Snake

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @yanni

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Jedi winning and making finals will take care of membership 

that is true winning does solve plenty of things

on the pkus side if we do go to Accor we will not need to buy a membership, as you will not need to secure a seat it holds 80k...

I am sure Richo has a plan, cheaper memberships perhaps ? or is it more prawn dumplings in the corporate suites ? 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@jedi-tiger The wests group already have Balmain’s pokies and license from memory .. I brought the idea up for  a club in the Accor site a decade ago. Meriton high rises everywhere in that precinct would have been the idea a boutique club on the ground floor of one .Maybe this could be used if Accor is in the frame for a deal as the Olympic authority needs to tick off on something like a venue  in the area.

If it’s at Homebush it will be called Homebush club. HBG are naming clubs by their location. The only Balmain club will remain at Rozelle, if they ever get around to the redevelopment there. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @yanni

LO is outdated and not up to standard and that’s coming from someone who has been going there since 1965. Try standing on the hill with 3 grandchildren I dare not take the others 

I haven't done it (standing on the LO hill for a game) for years. And, for an ex-member like me, watching it on TV on Saturday night was magical.

But, that's the problem. I imagine it's not magical if you're there with a family or perhaps friends new to going to a game at LO.

I think it's the thoughts of people like you (a LO attendee since 1965) that needs to be front and centre of any plans for the future of LO. It may well be "the 8th wonder" to many of us but that doesn't mean its use-by date has not been reached.

Yanni and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mike

If it’s at Homebush it will be called Homebush club. HBG are naming clubs by their location. The only Balmain club will remain at Rozelle, if they ever get around to the redevelopment there. 

good point, i don't really care what they call it I was more thinking take the balmain licence and stick it at homebush, they can forget about balmain leagues club at Rozelle,if they ain't at LO then Rozelle is a lost cause put the club licence elsewhere.

Also wonder if in this strat plan the club will look at naming all grades Wests Tigers ?

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Hopefully someone can post what has just dropped in the Telegraph.. never has there been an illustration of why this club needs to move from these suburban grounds . These so called supporters are disgusting in this world we live in , they go to Leichhardt for this reason it’s probable the only place they can act this way , glad I was not there with my grandkids security would of been involved then .The club needs to rectify this immediately !

link?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

This website won’t let me post the article because of offensive language but the article is spot on. LO after dark is off limits to families.

Yanni reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Wests Tigers respond to reports of vile fan behaviour at Leichhardt Oval

The Wests Tigers have said they are “appalled” by reports of anti-social fan behaviour at the historic Leichhardt Oval when the underdogs resoundingly trounced the Sharks on Saturday night.

Fans at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday night. No-one depicted is accused of any wrongdoing. Photo: Tom Parrish

Fans at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday night. No-one depicted is accused of any wrongdoing. Photo: Tom Parrish

The Wests Tigers have denounced reports of anti-social behaviour among its spectators at Leichhardt Oval as the home team resoundingly triumphed over the Sharks on Saturday.

The Daily Telegraph and Inner West Courier reported to the club that fans wearing its colours were heard making homophobic, racist and misogynist comments throughout the round three match-up on Saturday night.

Fans in Tigers jerseys on the hill at Leichhardt were heard to be yelling “pussy” and “gay c--ts” at players, and shouting Fijian slang at Sharks players of Pacific Islander appearance.

Men in the same group were also heard to sing made-up lyrics to the Sharks team song Up Up Cronulla referring to sexually assaulting women, and almost knocking an elderly man to the ground while pushing and shoving.

Spectators from both the Sharks and Tigers were also subjected to a particularly grim display in which a Tigers fan put his hand inside his underwear and wiped it across the mouth of a another man wearing a Sharks jersey.

“We are appalled by this behaviour,” a Wests Tigers spokesman said.

“As we do after all games, we will liaise with the security firm, which is used on match days at Leichhardt Oval, and review any reported incidents from Saturday night.”

Thousands of football fans flock to Leichhardt Oval to watch the West Tigers play to Cronulla Sharks. No-one depicted is accused of any wrongdoing. Photo: Tom Parrish

Thousands of football fans flock to Leichhardt Oval to watch the West Tigers play to Cronulla Sharks. No-one depicted is accused of any wrongdoing. Photo: Tom Parrish

The spokesman acknowledged “myriad problems” with squeezing a capacity crowd into an archaic stadium.

The Tigers’ beloved historic home-ground has long been overlooked for funding, with facilities in severe disrepair – much to the dismay of many sporting clubs and codes who use the suburban ground known fondly as the eighth wonder of the world.

“Adequate policing of the Hill is one of many challenges at this venue in its current state,” the spokesman said.

“The level of police and security at games is determined by the projected crowd – the police presence was at the maximum number for Saturday’s attendance figure.

“Security can be increased, and it would appear that this something we need to do for future games.”

The spokesman said responsible service of alcohol was ultimately a matter for the ground’s contracted food and drink providers – but promised to communicate concerns to Inner West Council.

The club is also planning to conduct a review of their stadium policy, with the spokesman saying any ground that hosts Wests Tigers games must be fit for purpose.

“Leichhardt Oval, for all its mystique and heritage, does not provide what Wests Tigers fans and rugby league fans deserve,” the spokesman said.

“Again, what (has been) described is abhorrent and should never happen.

“As we do after all games we review the security report, and it does indeed sound like better controls need to be put in place going forward for future games.”

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 117 / 131
Share: