Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mike

@helmesy How refreshing… Richardson gets it.

Yep, and Richardson will stare down the people who want to fight him over it.

This is our chance to be united, to be one club and to start growing a future, rather than being an echo of the past.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Richo seems very very clear about stadiums. It sounds like LO is dead, CSS is not dead but on life support. Listening to him it sounds like Accor could be the go.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

His criteria is capacity to accomodate 30k+ members and to have large corporate hospitality options. He doesn’t seem wedded to either CSS or LO (specifically said LO was incapable of being configured to meet these needs even if upgraded). Surprising that he doesn’t see playing out of CSS as big a priority as expanding the clubs grassroots presence in the south west. He has ruled out parramatta so the only two stadiums that qualify are Accor and Allianz. At this stage I wouldn’t rule out Allianz because his criteria doesn’t seem to include geography as being that high an issue but given he took south’s to Accor when they had only 7,000 spectators it would seem likely that is the chosen stadium. There could be a little more noise as the clubs strategic plan is announced this week and there still seems to be a push to get the Campbelltown council to consider investment in CSS.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

looking forward to 7000 at Accor... 

maybe Allianz would be better but pretty inconvenient for the 6pm Friday game if we have one of those. 

selfish point of view inbound go with parramatta as I live 10 minutes away but that is Parramatta's home ground so not sold on that 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

if the club opens up offices at Liverpool and campbletown and services the schools and community plus opens an Academy there then that should suffice the south west. Plus play all your trial games at CSS

Play NRLW out of LO

Accor is close to COE so geographically it makes sense and we can hope we do get an upgrade one day 

Hearing Kogarah Oval might be heading same way soon so potentially they will be playing out of Allianz/ Accor and Wollongong 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

if the club is going to go down Accor route then it woukd be good if we took the balmain leagues club licence and found a place to put in a small wests tigers bar / club somewhere near Accor try and make the precinct more our own

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

On the positive in 2005 it didn't matter when we were playing games at Accor or 2010 when we were playing at SFS 

very glad to see Tamworth gone ideally we need the full 12 home games for fans let other clubs "grow" the game in the bush

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

On the positive in 2005 it didn't matter when we were playing games at Accor or 2010 when we were playing at SFS 

very glad to see Tamworth gone ideally we need the full 12 home games for fans let other clubs "grow" the game in the bush

I like your idea of playing NRLW at LO and NSW cup at CSS. That is a nice way to retain connection to the heritage teams. NSW at lidcome oval baffles me. I think I also heard Richo say somewhere he wants the NSW cup team branded wests tigers.

This post was modified 2 months ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I like your idea of playing NRLW at LO and NSW cup at CSS. That is a nice way to retain connection to the heritage teams. NSW at lidcome oval baffles me. I think I also heard Richo say somewhere he wants the NSW cup team branded wests tigers.

I must have missed the branding of nsw cup as wests tigers mate but it would be a good start for unity.

we need to keep winning 🙂

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

it is interesting with Richo's comments he seems to be very focused on making sure corporates get a good feed in a corporate box or making sure Jane and the 2 kids have a selection of sushi and gluten free sandwiches to eat, rather than a pie and can of Reschs for the fan at LO or CSS. 

Remember for the fans (in Richo's terms he doesnt really talk to fans he talks to members) so i hope the "members"  enjoy the $20 fish and chips at Allianz or the $20 roll at Accor whilst looking at the big screen.

Accordingly on the bright side if we are at Accor we don't need members as the stadium holds 80k so you can wallk up on grab a seat on the day...

i do get we cant lose money playing at home games i just hope we don't lose our identity with all of this. 

He references Souths and Penrith well neither were joint ventures and Penrith never changed stadiums. 

Richo has done well at Souths however I am not to sure we are the "Pride of the League" hopefully he pulls the right reign and it all works 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

I'm an old Balmain Tigers supporter, however since day 1 I have been all in on the Wests Tigers. I still wear a Balmain Jersey every now and then, but that's more a nod to the history of the club than any current affiliation. I live in the inner west and I have a soft spot for LO and have also watched a few games at CS, however I support the view that we need to relocate to modern facilities, WHEN the club gets on a roll and we start winning more games than we lose we will be locking 1000's of fans out of our home games. We will also need to win over a new generation of younger fans who do not have that sentimental connection to LO or CS so I see no other option but to move to a more modern stadium with higher capacity and corporate facilities.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

it is interesting with Richo's comments he seems to be very focused on making sure corporates get a good feed in a corporate box or making sure Jane and the 2 kids have a selection of sushi and gluten free sandwiches to eat, rather than a pie and can of Reschs for the fan at LO or CSS. 

Remember for the fans (in Richo's terms he doesnt really talk to fans he talks to members) so i hope the "members"  enjoy the $20 fish and chips at Allianz or the $20 roll at Accor whilst looking at the big screen.

Accordingly on the bright side if we are at Accor we don't need members as the stadium holds 80k so you can wallk up on grab a seat on the day...

i do get we cant lose money playing at home games i just hope we don't lose our identity with all of this. 

He references Souths and Penrith well neither were joint ventures and Penrith never changed stadiums. 

Richo has done well at Souths however I am not to sure we are the "Pride of the League" hopefully he pulls the right reign and it all works 

Your doom and gloom is unfounded. Sure we may lose some members, maybe 2K even but we will gain an order of magnitude more in the long term. There is no way I would bring the misses and other family members to LO or CSS, they are just too primitive and belong in the last century. I would have no problem bringing them to Stadium Australia, the SFS or even the Western Sydney Stadium. 

Joel Helmes and Yanni reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I wonder if  Vlandys : develop leichardt oval or lose the GF to Brisbane anyone... lol

he is a man who usually gets what he wants

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Playing out of LO in its current state is managed decline. The new management has much bigger ambitions and despite going to LO for the last 35 years it is clear to me that its time is passed. I am trying to bring my 3 kids into the club as the future members and despite my love of standing on the hill drinking tinnies, it cannot cater for these new members. Literally it has no where to put them. There is basically no decent members seats still available and we have the lowest membership base in the league. 

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger The wests group already have Balmain’s pokies and license from memory .. I brought the idea up for  a club in the Accor site a decade ago. Meriton high rises everywhere in that precinct would have been the idea a boutique club on the ground floor of one .Maybe this could be used if Accor is in the frame for a deal as the Olympic authority needs to tick off on something like a venue  in the area.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Snake

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 116 / 132
Share: