Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

I'm an old Balmain boy & love Leichhardt Oval... but I believe we as a club should be investing as much time and effort and money into the Campbelltown region. Meaning we should be directing all efforts for funding towards Campbelltown heading towards a permanent shift.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger_alex

I'm an old Balmain boy & love Leichhardt Oval... but I believe we as a club should be investing as much time and effort and money into the Campbelltown region. Meaning we should be directing all efforts for funding towards Campbelltown heading towards a permanent shift.

CSS Safe Labor seat I doubt it gets an upgrade. Penrith was a marginal seat so had money thrown at it

LO will likely have the house full sign up on Saturday at $50 for a GA ticket, they are not doing too bad for a ground people supposedly do not go to. 

unfortunately no upgrade will be coming for LO either 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger_alex

People saying drop the Tamworth game have that absolute city mentality.

As a country lad myself (not even from Tamworth) I love the fact the Tigers have played a country game every year for what last 5+ years... I believe the NRL should be enforcing each club to adopt a country region and play 1 home game just like the Tigers have done.

And the NRL won't be dropping Magic round... far too much $$$

nobody is saying the nrl will drop magic round... just that wests tigers should not host it every year. 

As for the country game it is taking a game off the members in a time when we already have multiple home grounds. I say ditch Tamworth add an extra game to either CSS or Accor/Allianz

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

The 7,900 (me included) are the rusted on ones. If you are still there after the last 12 years you will never leave.

I know a few (not me I have dual membership) that only have LO and commbank in the past or Accor and LO e.g. they didn't have membership for CSS. 

I am sure the club can look at the numbers and gauge how many single venue members we have of the 7900 I suspect a few

yeah, my view is that this actually exacerbates division in the fan base ie LO and CSS self sort and there is limited cross over which makes the club identity fractured 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

The 7,900 (me included) are the rusted on ones. If you are still there after the last 12 years you will never leave.

I know a few (not me I have dual membership) that only have LO and commbank in the past or Accor and LO e.g. they didn't have membership for CSS. 

I am sure the club can look at the numbers and gauge how many single venue members we have of the 7900 I suspect a few

yeah, my view is that this actually exacerbates division in the fan base ie LO and CSS self sort and there is limited cross over which makes the club identity fractured 

I don't feel it creates division it is bums on seats what venue you can get to or can't get to. If members or fans didn't like LO they wouldn't attend and that is not the case.  Members won't pay money if they can't attendand that is either venue, some fans based out campbletown way might not be able to attend certain LO matches but main thing is as a fan base we have options. The split ground option is the right one it is just where in the inner west / city we play.

In my opinion we can't change the fact we are a joint venture from 2 geographic areas (for 25 years) you can't just ditch one area that would be suicidal.

Either way if it is not LO it needs to be some games at Accor/Allianz my fear of all games to CSS is that it didn't work for the Magpies prior to the merger and it didn't work for balmain either,  and I have doubts a permanent move to CSS it will work in the future. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I think it is divisive because it allows the bulkanisation of the club to perpetuate. Staying at unrenovated sub 20k stadium is managed decline. I love LO to death but the idea that we should keep it for its romantic value is condescending. All these Sydney clubs are moving into the future, playing out of increasingly modern stadiums and growing their memberships. As a brand we trending quickly towards the Newtown Jets. Thankfully I trust that Richo sees this and is going to make some huge calls in the year ahead with an eye on the club being able to accomodate 30k+ members.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Sure there will be some that don't renew if we go to a big stadium.

But I for one would buy a better membership if we went to Allianz, I am an out of towner but my family are not interested in attending our suburban grounds because they are below par facilities.

That would change and I would increase my membership, I imagine there would be many that feel similar about the footy 'experience'. Leichardt is fine if I want to go on my own but just doesn't cut it otherwise.

I say agitate for and hopefully get a rebuild at CSS, in the meantime Allianz for the best experience or otherwise Accor.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I think it is divisive because it allows the bulkanisation of the club to perpetuate. Staying at unrenovated sub 20k stadium is managed decline. I love LO to death but the idea that we should keep it for its romantic value is condescending. All these Sydney clubs are moving into the future, playing out of increasingly modern stadiums and growing their memberships. As a brand we trending quickly towards the Newtown Jets. Thankfully I trust that Richo sees this and is going to make some huge calls in the year ahead with an eye on the club being able to accomodate 30k+ members.

I am not advocating for staying at LO I am just not advocating for a full move to CSS. I would be more than happy if the club elected to go allianz/Accor and CSS I think that is a good balance if LO is not getting upgraded 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @barra

But I for one would buy a better membership if we went to Allianz, I am an out of towner but my family are not interested in attending our suburban grounds because they are below par facilities.

That would change and I would increase my membership, I imagine there would be many that feel similar about the footy 'experience'. Leichardt is fine if I want to go on my own but just doesn't cut it otherwise.

I say agitate for and hopefully get a rebuild at CSS, in the meantime Allianz for the best experience or otherwise Accor.

I haven't renewed after 18+ years since Sheens was appointed and then shafted Maguire. And, despite the changes in governance, there is precious little that inspires me to do otherwise.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

I haven't renewed after 18+ years since Sheens was appointed and then shafted Maguire. And, despite the changes in governance, there is precious little that inspires me to do otherwise.

what would it take to renew ? winning games and making semis or better stadium etc ? or both

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)

what would it take to renew ? winning games and making semis or better stadium etc ? or both

I'm pretty much over the game to be honest and particularly the media associated with it; Anasta, Kent, Rothfield, Hooper, Gould, Johns (x2), Hindmarsh, Fletcher, whoever is on Ch 9 these days, Fittler, Andrew Moore, Luke Lewis, Hadley, Peter Peters etc, etc ....(i'm not sure if they're all still involved tbh lol)

I turn Fox on only for games (but usually switch it off before the end) not for the associated programs through the week these days. Add to that the sports betting influence, the appalling standard of refereeing, the bias that Vlandys and Abdo support and condone for some clubs over others ..... the "sport" has lost its appeal to me.

Of course it hasn't been a "sport" for a long time.  It's a profit making business with those profits generated by the sponsorship from gambling and media companies, and is led and governed for their benefit.

None of that is new, of course. I used to say that I don't follow rugby league, I follow the Tigers. The Tigers were my love and my motivation to be a member and go to 15+ games every year, home and away. But they've been such an embarrassment, on the field and, particularly, off it, that all of that stopped after the 2021 season. The Sheens/McDonnell appointment by Hagipantelis, Pascoe and Board was pretty much the end for me.

I realised the cash I was using on my memberships, merchandise and tickets was just enabling a farcical mob of grifters to run the joint into the ground and become the laughing stock of the competition. If that was their KPI, they did spectacularly. But, they lost me, and a couple of mates, probably forever.

So, what would it take for me to renew as a member?? Probably none of those things you mentioned. I can't think of anything tbh.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I'm pretty much over the game to be honest and particularly the media associated with it; Anasta, Kent, Rothfield, Hooper, Gould, Johns (x2), Hindmarsh, Fletcher, whoever is on Ch 9 these days, Fittler, Andrew Moore, Luke Lewis, Hadley, Peter Peters etc, etc ....(i'm not sure if they're all still involved tbh lol)

I turn Fox on only for games (but usually switch it off before the end) not for the associated programs through the week these days. Add to that the sports betting influence, the appalling standard of refereeing, the bias that Vlandys and Abdo support and condone for some clubs over others ..... the "sport" has lost its appeal to me.

Of course it hasn't been a "sport" for a long time.  It's a profit making business with those profits generated by the sponsorship from gambling and media companies, and is led and governed for their benefit.

None of that is new, of course. I used to say that I don't follow rugby league, I follow the Tigers. The Tigers were my love and my motivation to be a member and go to 15+ games every year, home and away. But they've been such an embarrassment, on the field and, particularly, off it, that all of that stopped after the 2021 season. The Sheens/McDonnell appointment by Hagipantelis, Pascoe and Board was pretty much the end for me.

I realised the cash I was using on my memberships, merchandise and tickets was just enabling a farcical mob of grifters to run the joint into the ground and become the laughing stock of the competition. If that was their KPI, they did spectacularly. But, they lost me, and a couple of mates, probably forever.

So, what would it take for me to renew as a member?? Probably none of those things you mentioned. I can't think of anything tbh.

the point about the media they are a fickle bunch and we are clickbait so we get talked about. I don't take much notice of nrl360 rothfield read Hooper and ch 9 golder chammas smh Webster, abc Andrew Moore 2gb levy and continuous call they put crap on us all the time. Plus the toke female anchors on every panel or radio show. We have seen how they make stories up such as Brooks salary rothfield as an example changed the figure 3 times in print plus the way they specialness on where a player is going etc.

Once we start winning it will be "Benz's babes" or "Galvinized tigers" etc it is all a load of hot air. 

I have been a balmain member since 1988 and wests tigers member from inception, only way I will change would be if it is a 100% move to CSS I might reconsider my membership doesn't mean I will not stop supporting them

Other than that I think the club is slowly turning things around

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://x.com/footyindustryau/status/1770808856458797255?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

it would be a funny idea for the club with the lowest membership numbers to play any games out of Accor stadium

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

1000% correct. Leichhardt or CSS are better at 60% full compared to The Big A's at 20%.

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)

@jedi-tiger Notwithstanding that the media love kicking us to death, you might agree we have largely deserved it. But the fact that the WT's are great for attracting click bait is the reason they do it. It is interesting that I recently stopped my long standing Daily Telegraph subscription and they called me to find out why. I told them that their continued attack on the West Tigers was over the top and Dean Ritchie and Paul Crawley were in my opinion unprofessional in their view of us. They offered me a really great deal to stay with them ,but I told them no, it's a matter of Principle and I didnt even know I had any......

This post was modified 1 month ago by The Frog

ReplyQuote
Page 114 / 131
Share: